ADVERTISEMENT

There is no question

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Blake has done as much, or more, to resurrect Pitt basketball as anyone.

What I can not understand are these games where he is totally a non factor.

There we 3 or 4 of them this season.

How does that happen?

He’s allowed to play bad once in a while. Has as much to do with the other team and defending him as anything.

Give us an offensive threat at C and I bet he averaged 25 and accpoy this season.

He’s the main focal point for everyone

Blake has done as much, or more, to resurrect Pitt basketball as anyone.

What I can not understand are these games where he is totally a non factor.

There we 3 or 4 of them this season.

How does that happen?

I was there. Ingram face guarded him, didn't help off of him at all. That's how you are supposed to guard a player like that. He was simply never open. At no time did it ever look like he was open and they missed him. The criticism of Capel's offense is its screen and roll and drive and finish and drive and kick dependent. He doesn't run any sets to free up Hinson. Simply not in the playbook. I remember when I was in DC in 2016 watching Duke/NCSU, Gottfried ran that elevator screen play for a crucial late Maverick Rowan 3. That was a favorite play that they'd run a couple times per game. We dont do anything like that for Hinson

I was there. Ingram face guarded him, didn't help off of him at all. That's how you are supposed to guard a player like that. He was simply never open. At no time did it ever look like he was open and they missed him. The criticism of Capel's offense is its screen and roll and drive and finish and drive and kick dependent. He doesn't run any sets to free up Hinson. Simply not in the playbook. I remember when I was in DC in 2016 watching Duke/NCSU, Gottfried ran that elevator screen play for a crucial late Maverick Rowan 3. That was a favorite play that they'd run a couple times per game. We dont do anything like that for Hinson
You need big bodied screeners for that play, no? Is Blake not quick enough? Just my thoughts.

If all it takes is face guarding him, are all the other teams we play coached by idiots?

If a team we're playing has a great defense, Blake will usually be a non-factor. And to be honest, there were only maybe 2 or 3 teams we faced this year with great defense. UNC was one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT