ADVERTISEMENT

Aston broke his ankle per the

Coach wanted to have doctors examine further and should have an answer today. Coach gives little info out ( said Hendrix was game to game all last season) so not expecting much more of a basic announcement.

I just hope it does not require surgery since that would put him out for the season regardless what coach says.

Premium board and the Facebook group are the only place this is being reported. Not saying I don't believe it, but why can't I find news about this anywhere else?

Reactions: Pittx9
Maybe you could asked our HC, he is so forthcoming with injury info and other camp related info....

Premium board and the Facebook group are the only place this is being reported. Not saying I don't believe it, but why can't I find news about this anywhere else?

I was sent some cut paste from some crappy "q&a" from the PG where the intern or custodian or whatever is the Pitt beat writer of the moment stated very very vaguely that Aston was injured, and it wasn't good. But couldn't say anything else ... about anything.

So it seemed confirmation from a "journalist" but that's the best assessment I'll offer. This might belong more on the parallel "PG blows" thread going on now, but this passage really was one of the saddest efforts I've ever read in the PG, and that's saying something. I heartily endorse NOT going there and giving their site any hits for it. Honestly you'll learn more reading this board. Hell you'd learn more reading ANY board.

I was sent some cut paste from some crappy "q&a" from the PG where the intern or custodian or whatever is the Pitt beat writer of the moment stated very very vaguely that Aston was injured, and it wasn't good. But couldn't say anything else ... about anything.

So it seemed confirmation from a "journalist" but that's the best assessment I'll offer. This might belong more on the parallel "PG blows" thread going on now, but this passage really was one of the saddest efforts I've ever read in the PG, and that's saying something. I heartily endorse NOT going there and giving their site any hits for it. Honestly you'll learn more reading this board. Hell you'd learn more reading ANY board.

If the reporter knows that Aston got hurt and knows that it looked pretty serious, but he also knows that he doesn't actually know how bad the injury is and no one from Pitt would talk about it, just what, exactly, was the reporter supposed to say? Should he have just made something up to satiate Pitt fans desire for information, even if he turned out to be completely wrong?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Coincidentally broke my ankle a week ago. Had a plate and screws fix in surgery yesterday. No weight bearing allowed for at least 6-weeks--boot and crutches. If similar situation w/Aston, there would be added maybe 6-weeks of getting back into playing shape time to add on. But, given other workouts possible during healing with Pitt facilities it might be shorter. In any event I would guess he might be able to play by about late October (a layman's guess). Of course he might have a less serious break than this old guy has.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Not only did Aston hurt his ankle but the backup FB Lively pulled a hamstring yesterday and is out as well.

Sounds like Watson will be re-tooling the offense. At least he has some time to do it...

Go Pitt.

Coincidentally broke my ankle a week ago. Had a plate and screws fix in surgery yesterday. No weight bearing allowed for at least 6-weeks--boot and crutches. If similar situation w/Aston, there would be added maybe 6-weeks of getting back into playing shape time to add on. But, given other workouts possible during healing with Pitt facilities it might be shorter. In any event I would guess he might be able to play by about late October (a layman's guess). Of course he might have a less serious break than this old guy has.

Mrs Buffett broke her shoulder when we were snowboarding in Big Sky Montana in January which included surgery, plates, screws, pins, etc.

Do yourself a favor and be sure to go to as much physical therapy as your insurance allows to be sure you get back your original mobility. We're even paying out of pocket to be sure Mrs Buffett is back to original " fighting condition."

Mrs Buffett is younger than I am ( 66) but its amazing how age challenges physical recovery!

She has a HS algebra test tomorrow so she has to go to bed early tonight? Just kidding she's not that young!

Mrs Buffett broke her shoulder when we were snowboarding in Big Sky Montana in January which included surgery, plates, screws, pins, etc.

Do yourself a favor and be sure to go to as much physical therapy as your insurance allows to be sure you get back your original mobility. We're even paying out of pocket to be sure Mrs Buffett is back to original " fighting condition."

Mrs Buffett is younger than I am ( 66) but its amazing how age challenges physical recovery!

She has a HS algebra test tomorrow so she has to go to bed early tonight? Just kidding she's not that young!

Good advice. It is what I plan on doing. I am being treated by a very good Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine practice so it won't be a problem.

I wasn't even looking for is he out for the season or anything like that. I just found it odd, this day in age of social media, nothing anywhere about Aston even suffering an injury.

I wasn't even looking for is he out for the season or anything like that. I just found it odd, this day in age of social media, nothing anywhere about Aston even suffering an injury.
THAT is definitely strange. Other players might have been sworn to silence (for whatever reason), but former players, you'd think one of 'em would have tweeted out something ... JC for example.

THAT is definitely strange. Other players might have been sworn to silence (for whatever reason), but former players, you'd think one of 'em would have tweeted out something ... JC for example.
Aston is also definitely a guy I would consider well liked by his teammates. I didn't even think of players tweeting, yeah surprised nobody tweeted any encouraging words his way. Anyways, I'm still holding out hope he won't actually miss the entire season. Max Browne was just quoted saying exactly what I've been thinking, that injury means likely that the tight ends will become a lot more involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT