ADVERTISEMENT

Bama 100% should get in over Ohio State

True, but the "best" team does always make it to the postseason.
Hard to say for sure in a 4 team subjective playoff. What is the definition of Best.? Best Resume? Hottest Team? Most top 25 wins? Most Wins? Conference Champs?

Hard to say for sure in a 4 team subjective playoff. What is the definition of Best.? Best Resume? Hottest Team? Most top 25 wins? Most Wins? Conference Champs?
Watching teams play and having an informed opinion on who is best, which is what the committee is tasked to do. That can be determined by the criteria they see fit, but I think the eye test is what is most prevalent.

It is hard to say, but winning a conference championship doesn't even determine you were the best team in that conference. It definitely doesn't determine that if you don't win that conference you aren't one of the 4 best teams. Like it or not, there are concentrations of talent and commitments to winning in the south and so, more often than not, there are going to be more teams in that region worthy of playoff spots than the rest of the country. Without those programs/conferences signing off on measures that hurt them, they will not just roll over in order to be "more fair" to the underachievers around the rest of the country.

two schools from the sec irritates me.. basically shutting out 3 out of the 4 quadrants of the US within the college football world. (kind of a stretch having ok in the SE quadrant but it helps my weird agenda on this.

You hit the nail on the head. Bama would never lose to Iowa, and I doubt OU beats them in Tuscaloosa. On the other hand, OSU ain't winning at Auburn either. OSU looked sloppy last night, and wouldn't have beaten any of the other top teams.
And let's be clear about this...Wisconsin was vastly over rated. OSU missed wide open guys all night and THE OSU gave them 10 points.
The right teams got in.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT