ADVERTISEMENT

Banner 2023 Year for Pittsburgh Sports!!

NCanton Panther

All American
Sep 22, 2001
Steelers are sitting at a 7-7 .500 record. I’d say there’s a good chance they finish 7-10. Throw in how the 23/24 Pens are tracking, who would have thunk the Pirates would have been the most successful team this year:

Pirates 76-86 .469
Current Pens 13-16 .448
Projected Steelers 7-10 .411
Pitt FB 3-9 .333

Thank goodness we have Pitt BB although it’s still TBD with the full ACC schedule ahead of us.

I actually thought the pirates were semi entertaining this year. Not so. Much for the other teams save Pitt hoops and Vbal

Reactions: pittmeister
Steelers are sitting at a 7-7 .500 record. I’d say there’s a good chance they finish 7-10. Throw in how the 23/24 Pens are tracking, who would have thunk the Pirates would have been the most successful team this year:

Pirates 76-86 .469
Current Pens 13-16 .448
Pitt FB 3-9 .333

Thank goodness we have Pitt BB although it’s still TBD with the full ACC schedule ahead of us.

Riverhounds won the Eastern Conference
Duquesne bball is 7-2 and were picked 4th in the A10 and by virtue of that they probably have a better shot at winning the A10T than Pitt has of winning enough the 6 Q1 games they have left to make the NCAAT

Also, Westinghouse made the state final

Riverhounds won the Eastern Conference
Duquesne bball is 7-2 and were picked 4th in the A10 and by virtue of that they probably have a better shot at winning the A10T than Pitt has of winning enough the 6 Q1 games they have left to make the NCAAT

Also, Westinghouse made the state final
Go Riverhounds and Westinghouse, I guess it hasn’t been a bad year after all.

Nobody cares about Duquesne, that’s why Pitt BB doesn’t play em.

To make a legit comparison of Pitt BB’s record with the Buccos/Steelers/Pens/Pitt FB, you have to throw out about 5 of their rent-a-wins so their comparable record right now is 3-3. Let’s keep the ACC record above .500 so Pitt BB can easily move to the front of the list legit record-wise.

Pirates 76-86 .469
Current Pens 13-16 .448
Pitt FB 3-9 .333

North Canton Ohio?
Can't say there is too much success in that whole state when it comes to sports teams.

North Canton Ohio?
Can't say there is too much success in that whole state when it comes to sports teams.
Well I sure didn’t post that thread to start a pissing contest between PA and OH. Been out here since graduating Pitt in 79 but still diehard Pittsburgh everything so it’s not like I’m reveling in those results.

But since you mentioned it, those Joe Flacco led Browns pulled out another W today. Hard to believe they’re looking so much better than the Steelers and doing it with their 4th QB and without the guy they supposedly anchored their team down to get. Flacco coming off his couch to throw for 300+ yards 2 weeks in a row now. It would be a miracle if the Steelers could come close to that output, no matter who the QB was Pickett, Trubisky or Rudolph.

Well I sure didn’t post that thread to start a pissing contest between PA and OH. Been out here since graduating Pitt in 79 but still diehard Pittsburgh everything so it’s not like I’m reveling in those results.

But since you mentioned it, those Joe Flacco led Browns pulled out another W today. Hard to believe they’re looking so much better than the Steelers and doing it with their 4th QB and without the guy they supposedly anchored their team down to get. Flacco coming off his couch to throw for 300+ yards 2 weeks in a row now. It would be a miracle if the Steelers could come close to that output, no matter who the QB was Pickett, Trubisky or Rudolph.
I'm busting your chops.

Ye, we are going thru a bit of a tough time, but with the good comes the bad. We have been lucky to have some of the greatest hockey and football players come thru those organizations. I don't include the baseball team since I don't follow baseball.

Hopefully Steeler ownership will make the necessary changes and we will move forward.

This is why you should embrace our Olympic sports and not get caught up with just the mainstream. Doesn’t bother me that Pitt volleyball or women’s soccer are niches within niches. I still enjoyed their rides.

Flacco would get destroyed in the Steelers offense. The Browns are giving him decent protection they have a legit running game and decent WRs and TEs

Having said that what he’s doing is pretty impressive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT