ADVERTISEMENT

Bartholomew to Return to Pitt

Great news! If the Georgia passing game coordinator is really the guy, I hope Narduzzi sold Gavin B on him being used the same way they used Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Gee and if you listen to Ron cook duzz is an irascible jagoff that no one wants to play for or coach.

Great news! If the Georgia passing game coordinator is really the guy, I hope Narduzzi sold Gavin B on him being used the same way they used Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington.

I still can't believe this was a strictly Cignetti thing, just because of how he used whatshisname at BC and how many targets Johnson and Epps were getting with Yarnell. But it has definitely been odd.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I still can't believe this was a strictly Cignetti thing, just because of how he used whatshisname at BC and how many targets Johnson and Epps were getting with Yarnell. But it has definitely been odd.
I mean the first game after Canada, Freiermuth put up monster numbers. I know he was injured a lot, but the change in usage was drastic and immediate.

I mean the first game after Canada, Freiermuth put up monster numbers. I know he was injured a lot, but the change in usage was drastic and immediate.

Yeah but 2020 and the games this season with Yarnell all happened under Cignetti. I tend to think at least some of Bartholomew's lack of usage was attributable to Jurkovec's dead arm and CV.

Either way, we better make Bartholomew a more prominent part of the passing game if we're paying him big money (which kind of makes me worry Means is leaning toward leaving).

Last edited:
There was talk of some SEC schools throwing some pretty ridiculous money at him. If we matched that for a tight end, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's a positive in a vacuum, but funds are limited.

My guess was his camp was the source of the rumor, and he's not getting anywhere near the numbers floated. Otherwise, he'd be with Kamara and Jules.

Bart likes Duzz, Salem, his teammates, and Pitt. We were in the ballpark with NIL, so the decision was easy.

Reactions: Farnox
I mean it's great news, but what's the going rate for a touchdown nowadays?

This is great news. Now find ways to get him the damn ball! After that hurdling sideline
catch against Tenn. 2 years ago; it was almost ridiculous how little he was targeted!

Reactions: pittmaninwv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT