ADVERTISEMENT

How many players will return

VincePITT

Sophomore
Jul 9, 2008
Western, PA
With Blake being the only player leaving. Do you think any of the returning 10 will also be leaving? 6'10" Forward, Amdy Ndiaye and 6'3" Guard, Brandin Cummings that would make it 12 players if they all return!

I think Jeffress Barnes and Fede leave.

50-50 Bub comes back. No coincidence we immediately got better when he started playing his best basketball of the season. He’s got a big decision ahead for himself.

Jeffress is gone. Odds are Bub will be too. It's anyone's guess after that.

With Blake being the only player leaving. Do you think any of the returning 10 will also be leaving? 6'10" Forward, Amdy Ndiaye and 6'3" Guard, Brandin Cummings that would make it 12 players if they all return!
This is the multi-million $ question...Hopefully everyone but Jeffress and Hinson but we'll see. If they are pissed off enough like UNC last year then we might get them back...🤞

Reactions: VincePITT
I think it’s 50/50 Bub gets drafted and if he does he’ll be a late round pick.

The question for him is …..if he is a late round projection does he take the risk he could fall out or does he come back get stronger and have a huge season to get him in the top half of the draft

I could be way wrong but I don’t see him getting picked in the first round as a slam dunk think. Hes not a particularly explosive athlete and he’s not a big.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I thought Champagnie was crazy to leave when he did, didn't think he would get drafted and he didn't.

But looking back, I guess it wasn't too crazy. He's been getting paid to play ever since (though mostly minimal $ in the G league). He's played in some NBA games and is now on a 2-way contract meaning even in the G league his salary is $80K plus (and pro-rated $500k for each game he's called up). Not a bad life. At 22, he still has time to carve out a role as an NBA bench player and make good $. If that isn't looking likely in the next 2-3 years, he's also still young enough to go international for a few years and make some money.

So, I wouldn't blame Bub or anyone 'on the bubble' to get drafted if they chose this path instead of college ball. I guess the difference now is Bub could make more playing college than a base G league salary (~$40k). Even at Pitt, Bub would get more than that in NIL next year. Of course, Bub could probably really make some NIL on the open market, so who knows.

I thought bub was coming back stronger, faster and better.or something like that

I thought Champagnie was crazy to leave when he did, didn't think he would get drafted and he didn't.

But looking back, I guess it wasn't too crazy. He's been getting paid to play ever since (though mostly minimal $ in the G league). He's played in some NBA games and is now on a 2-way contract meaning even in the G league his salary is $80K plus (and pro-rated $500k for each game he's called up). Not a bad life. At 22, he still has time to carve out a role as an NBA bench player and make good $. If that isn't looking likely in the next 2-3 years, he's also still young enough to go international for a few years and make some money.

So, I wouldn't blame Bub or anyone 'on the bubble' to get drafted if they chose this path instead of college ball. I guess the difference now is Bub could make more playing college than a base G league salary (~$40k). Even at Pitt, Bub would get more than that in NIL next year. Of course, Bub could probably really make some NIL on the open market, so who knows.
Champagnie could've easily made more than he has on one season of NIL. I'm glad he's getting a shot, and hope he sticks. I'd love to see an NIL collective of former Panthers.

Champagnie could've easily made more than he has on one season of NIL. I'm glad he's getting a shot, and hope he sticks. I'd love to see an NIL collective of former Panthers.

If NIL was around back then, Champagnie stays 4 years (maybe not here) and makes more in college those last 2 years than in the NBA. Its really stupid to declare unless you are a guaranteed 1st rounder because if you are a really good college player but a 2nd round NBA talent, you'll make more in college.

If Bub leaves he is a 1st rd pick. I don't think he goes unless that is the case. I definitely see him as a 1st rd talent

I think it’s 50/50 Bub gets drafted and if he does he’ll be a late round pick.

The question for him is …..if he is a late round projection does he take the risk he could fall out or does he come back get stronger and have a huge season to get him in the top half of the draft

I could be way wrong but I don’t see him getting picked in the first round as a slam dunk think. Hes not a particularly explosive athlete and he’s not a big.
Bub has been mocked as high as 6th but no lower than late 20s, from what I've seen.

Mocks are worthless. He’ll find out where he’ll go when he enters the draft and they give him the eval.

They have some value. Its a weak draft class and it certainly appears he has a very good chance of being a 1st Round pick. I think he's gone. I am more concerned about returning Lowe.

They have some value. Its a weak draft class and it certainly appears he has a very good chance of being a 1st Round pick. I think he's gone. I am more concerned about returning Lowe.
Middle of the season I would’ve said he’s definitely back but he played well down the stretch. Is ATR percentage is a big concern. Would expect someone with a lot of picks and is already good *cough OKC cough * to pick him and develop him.

Reactions: pittbb80
Middle of the season I would’ve said he’s definitely back but he played well down the stretch. Is ATR percentage is a big concern. Would expect someone with a lot of picks and is already good *cough OKC cough * to pick him and develop him.

Yea, his athleticism and ability to get to the rim is a major concern but he isnt a Top 5-10 pick. Mid to late 1st Round with his size, handle, shot-making, and the age of a HS senior, you gotta take him. Doesn't have the ceiling of an NBA All-Star but has the ceiling of a good NBA starter. Though I'd say Tyrese Haliburton is a good comp. Not overly athletic.

Then why did you say he'll be a late round pick?
At best I think he could be a late round pick which means he could also fall out of the first round. My point is IF that’s true (and none of us know) does he take that risk or work to improve and secure a higher slot I the draft.

At best I think he could be a late round pick which means he could also fall out of the first round. My point is IF that’s true (and none of us know) does he take that risk or work to improve and secure a higher slot I the draft.
You don't see the hypocrisy?

agree, but that wasn't an option then

If NIL was around back then, Champagnie stays 4 years (maybe not here) and makes more in college those last 2 years than in the NBA. Its really stupid to declare unless you are a guaranteed 1st rounder because if you are a really good college player but a 2nd round NBA talent, you'll make more in college.
Agree on the NIL if it were an option then. But even now for Bub, similar situation. He could take the safe route and grab a big NIL deal. But if he thinks he might get drafter late 1st round, I wouldn't fault him for taking the chance. Upside of getting a guaranteed NBA deal and living your NBA dream, with the downside being still getting paid to play, not have to take college classes, and still working to get into the NBA. The latter is obviously less lucrative than he'd get in NIL, but it's not like he will be delivering groceries.

Yeah, I posted something similar on here a few times. If I'm Bub, I'd be absolutely thrilled to go somewhere late in the first to OKC or Milwaukee or somewhere with actual talent so that I can earn by NBA money without having to be a 30 MPG guy my first year.

There's worse guys to learn from than MVP candidate Shai.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT