ADVERTISEMENT

BballinsiderfromPitt says Capel is being fired if he doesn't make the NCAAT

Lol wut?

Because I don’t think the twins combined averaging 5 PPG are gonna garner NIL deals im a liar. You have major issues bro. Hope you get the counseling you need
You claim things that just aren’t true. Come clean. You are nobody of importance in basketball.

I felt all he needed was a winning record. Either total season or just in conference. At best we all hoped to squeek into the NIT. He far exceeded that! Even if we don't make NCAAs (which I think we will) they will be a top seed in NIT when that actually matters these days again.

He has far exceeded expectations! There is no way he is being fired...NONE!

In fact I think he can establish a program her now that is similar to what Duzz has going on with our football program. High school and transfers now want to come here to be a part of the culture. Maybe NOT the best in game coach and we will lose head scratchers like last night. But if he gets the right kids they will buy in and play hard and win more often than not. Not saying we are there yet but I can see if happening if he keeps finding the right kids like he did this year. And he seems like a super nice guy so would love to see that happen and have too programs to be proud of even if they really never will be elite they will be suoer solid and reputable.
The NIT is crap. It's like going to the high school cafeteria for beef tips and being served a fiestada cause they ran out of cow.

The NIT is crap. It's like going to the high school cafeteria for beef tips and being served a fiestada cause they ran out of cow.

Hey, I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying after the past years it would be enough progress to keep him around another year. Especially since the person hired him and still wants him to succeed is making the decision.

On a side note, I want you to know that making the 1996 NIT was the crowning achievement of my undergrad years. So even if its true what you say, try not to be too harsh on it. It's all some of us have to hold onto!

Well that and Jason Maile dropping 40 over Tim Thomas on Big Monday. That was awesome too.

Hey, I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying after the past years it would be enough progress to keep him around another year. Especially since the person hired him and still wants him to succeed is making the decision.

On a side note, I want you to know that making the 1996 NIT was the crowning achievement of my undergrad years. So even if its true what you say, try not to be too harsh on it. It's all some of us have to hold onto!

Well that and Jason Maile dropping 40 over Tim Thomas on Big Monday. That was awesome too.

The NIT is hard to make now with only around 20 or bubblish-type teams making it so making the NIT would have generally been enough for Capel. However, lets say we barely made the NIT at like 17-15, lost all 5 starters key reserves, and had a poor class coming in, that could possibly have been enough to fire him. Im not saying they would have or should have but it could have been. However, he has put together an NCAAT season whether they make it or not, has key players coming back, and one of the best freshman classes in years. So no way

Reactions: Gep Dawg
SMF and Insider are probably the closest to needing psych counseling as any on this board. Insider is a compulsive liar and SMF is just nuts.
I believe some people on here know Insider personally. Has anyone actually met SMF? I've always suspected that he may be an internet bot created a couple decades ago and programmed with an algorithm to claim that he's always right about everything.

I believe some people on here know Insider personally. Has anyone actually met SMF? I've always suspected that he may be an internet bot created a couple decades ago and programmed with an algorithm to claim that he's always right about everything.
SMF is a hermit.

Reactions: FireballZ
^^^ This. Capel has had 1 good season. ONE. He has proven very little to this point, other than he isn't a very good gameday coach but he was able to put this team of mature, hard-working players together for this one good season. His coaching trend is poor. Let's see what he can do for the next 3 or 4 years before declaring him as a good coach or extending him.
Come on, you can’t totally disregard Capel’s Year 1 and Year 2. We were the worst P6 team in the nation Stallings last year. Capel had us competitive those years.

SMF is a hermit.
I find the stories about attending all of these various Pitt events particularly enjoyable. Usually filled with random tidbits that anyone watching on tv or going down random twitter rabbit holes could state.

Reactions: PittPoker
In the world of college athletics, you never say never. The decision-making process isn't always rational. I don't see him being fired, regardless of how the rest of the season plays out. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he's coaching somewhere else next year.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. Capel, like any other coach, is probably going to want to cash in on this season. I think it's likely that he pushes for an extension. Otherwise, he would be coming back with only 3 years left on his contract - and once again, probably coaching for his job. If Pitt's not willing to extend him, I think he's going to shop himself around.
He should be coaching for his job EVERY day until he's no longer HC.

Maybe we’re the same person hired by Chris to drive traffic

I find the stories about attending all of these various Pitt events particularly enjoyable. Usually filled with random tidbits that anyone watching on tv or going down random twitter rabbit holes could state.

Or maybe I actually go to games. The idea that I am a PSU or WVU fan is ridiculous. Honestly though, probably only been to 50% of bball games this year. Just renewed my football tickets yesterday and was sent a YouTube link for a "Thank You" video by Narduzzi but I just research all this stuff to fake my fanhood. Baldwin youth basketball played at halftime of GT game. There was a youth game after Pitt/Syr (guessing too much going on at halftime). Looked like middle schoolish, want to say NA but I didnt get a great look. I researched this all on Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT