ADVERTISEMENT

BC Game

Bub's jumpers are so smooth tonight. He's catching it and shooting it
in perfect rhythm.

Wake Forest loses at Virginia Tech tonight. That is two losses on the road this week at Notre Dame and now at Virginia Tech. I don’t care if they blew Pitt out by 33 points 11 days ago Pitt and Wake should be right near each other when it comes to their chances of making the tournament.

Wake Forest loses at Virginia Tech tonight. That is two losses on the road this week at Notre Dame and now at Virginia Tech. I don’t care if they blew Pitt out by 33 points 11 days ago Pitt and Wake should be right near each other when it comes to their chances of making the tournament.
Wake is a completely different team on the road 2-9 and 15-0 at home while
Pitt with 7 P6 wins is one of best in the country

It's just what it is for now. We don't have a strong 5 yet. We have limited avenues to victories over really good teams, but at least the avenues exist
Yeah, I agree. Of course when youre hitting like we are
tonight it masks some other difficiencies. We can beat
anyone in the league when we hit like this. We're a jump
shooting team with a lot of positives including our two
frosh guards.

Reactions: Dewey Eye
Post have any eligibility left after this season? The Capels should fill out some paperwork before they leave town to see if they can't adopt him.

Yea just hoping that 32 point lead which ended up being 25 doesn’t cost Pitt and extra spot or two in the NET Rankings. A 25 point win on the road though should definitely get the NET up quite a bit tomorrow.

Nice win. That might be our best performance of the year? Thought everyone played pretty well.

Yea just hoping that 32 point lead which ended up being 25 doesn’t cost Pitt and extra spot or two in the NET Rankings. A 25 point win on the road though should definitely get the NET up quite a bit tomorrow.
Yeah it’s funny I was pissed they hit those last two threes! Definitely doesn’t help the numbers. It’s so dumb it works like that.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
We should shoot a 3 at the end in exchange for them fouling to get that substitution.

When that guy first did that I thought, wtf are you intentionally fouling there for? But I guess it would have been too difficult to take out two of their players at the same time. And god knows, both Jaeden Zachery and Mason Madsen both deserve their moment in the proverbial sun.

Because what else do they have tonight?

This was a DRUBBING. Again - if big losses hurt, destroying this team on the road should boost NET.

Jim Boeheim, Carlos Boozer and Luke Hancock on the postgame show on ACC Network all think Pitt is in the tournament right now as long as they win their last two home games with FSU and NC ST. They are really pushing Pitt hard and their 7 road wins and winning potentially 11 of their last 14 if they win these last 2 games. They said Pitt passes the eye test and the committee will see that as well and put them in. Good stuff to hear from these guys and makes you feel a lot better about Pitt’s chances especially after this blowout win tonight.

I laugh at those who focus on this NET nonsense. Look at the teams and how they're playing over the last 10 or 12 games. And if they're winning on the road. Give more weight to later games in the season that show a trend of how that team is playing NOW. If Pitt can now beat FSU and NCState to close out the season, I think they should be in. Of course, the NET computer nerds will not and will say we have to win 2 more in the ACCT.

Pitt right now is playing as well as anyone in the ACC with maybe the exception of Duke and UNC. We win on the road and we are showing we can play high scoring offense, lockdown defense, we rebound, Pitt is a team.

Jim Boeheim, Carlos Boozer and Luke Hancock on the postgame show on ACC Network all think Pitt is in the tournament right now as long as they win their last two home games with FSU and NC ST. They are really pushing Pitt hard and their 7 road wins and winning potentially 11 of their last 14 if they win these last 2 games. They said Pitt passes the eye test and the committee will see that as well and put them in. Good stuff to hear from these guys and makes you feel a lot better about Pitt’s chances especially after this blowout win tonight.

Yeah, but they weren't exactly saying that as independent analysts, haha. I think every game I've seen involving a bubble team was accompanied by the announcers or studio guys saying that team should be in. ACCN guys have to shill for the conference a bit, which is understandable.

That said, it's probably going to be damnnnnn close. Virginia and Wake haven't done us any favors lately - those are our second and third best wins. Nothing we can do about it now, except keep winning. My biggest issue is the love some of these mid-majors are getting. I just don't think some of them are that good. Not so sure how I feel about the Big East, either, after you get past the top three teams. Not that the ACC doesn't have plenty of flaws.

I hope Pitt fans understand that in this warped world of NIL, either or both of Carrington and Lowe will probably not be here next year. I hope we can hold on to at least 1 of them, but I just don't see it happening. A Kentucky, Auburn or Houston will be sniffing around soon if not already doing it.

I laugh at those who focus on this NET nonsense. Look at the teams and how they're playing over the last 10 or 12 games. And if they're winning on the road. Give more weight to later games in the season that show a trend of how that team is playing NOW. If Pitt can now beat FSU and NCState to close out the season, I think they should be in. Of course, the NET computer nerds will not and will say we have to win 2 more in the ACCT.

Pitt right now is playing as well as anyone in the ACC with maybe the exception of Duke and UNC. We win on the road and we are showing we can play high scoring offense, lockdown defense, we rebound, Pitt is a team.
I’m with you if they beat FSU and NC State at home and win one game in the ACC tournament they should be in. They have done enough I think and should be in the NCAA Tournament.

I hope Pitt fans understand that in this warped world of NIL, either or both of Carrington and Lowe will probably not be here next year. I hope we can hold on to at least 1 of them, but I just don't see it happening. A Kentucky, Auburn or Houston will be sniffing around soon if not already doing it.

If we can't break the bank for two guys who are our guys, and whose families have a solid relationship with both each other and our coach, then we should just fold the program. Need to do whatever it takes to keep both of them. And I think we will.

Yeah, but they weren't exactly saying that as independent analysts, haha. I think every game I've seen involving a bubble team was accompanied by the announcers or studio guys saying that team should be in. ACCN guys have to shill for the conference a bit, which is understandable.

That said, it's probably going to be damnnnnn close. Virginia and Wake haven't done us any favors lately - those are our second and third best wins. Nothing we can do about it now, except keep winning. My biggest issue is the love some of these mid-majors are getting. I just don't think some of them are that good. Not so sure how I feel about the Big East, either, after you get past the top three teams. Not that the ACC doesn't have plenty of flaws.

Why doesn’t Pitt stop being like Bob Nutting and pony up the bucks.

If we can't break the bank for two guys who are our guys, and whose families have a solid relationship with both each other and our coach, then we should just fold the program. Need to do whatever it takes to keep both of them. And I think we will.
It should be the AD’s number 1 priority, but nothing I’ve seen leads me to believe it is.

It’s a win/win. They can improve their draft position and make even MORE money

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT