ADVERTISEMENT

Best ending to a Movie.

arlington rd was good ending. didnt see that coming.. "everyone is where they are supposed to be but you" uh oh..

Here are two movies where the former girlfriend/wife gets the brush off in the end by the guy they did wrong:

The Verdict
Nocturnal Animals

you mean with him being at the 4 way intersection with the aerial view? that was good. Frustrated at first that we didnt get to see what was in the package but probably best that way, keeps you guessing.

if i was making the movie, i'd have had tom hanks get in the jeep with the hot red head and go drinking at some dive bar.

Exactly. I loved the movie to begin with. But that ending just keeps you thinking about what direction he takes. If it were me, I'd find that red hot red head and....well....we'll never know. She was certainly a looker. And the ties in the symbolism with the ranch symbol, the FedEx package, the 4 way intersection. Great ending.

John Q I think, Denzel one. That was good. There was a heist movie with Deniro and Ed Norton. Decent movie but had a great ending.

Dumb movie called the mist but ending was either really good or bad, still not sure which one.

There was a WW2 movie, probably made in 70s where they had a nazi high ranking official in an airplane and he knew he was facing war crimes so they gave him the chance to jump out of the plane. The last scene shows him then pans away then the good guy closing the plane door. Always freaked me out as a kid watching it.
Where Eagles Dare was the WWII movie. With Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton. Good flick.

Favorite movie of all time.

Cry every time at the scene where the Germans get sung over.

Movie had every element.
Ingrid Bergman.

The old love affair between her and Bogey.

"Of all the gin joints of all the world, she has to walk into mine".

A lot of the movies mentioned in this thread are in my library. This is a favorite. So is " To Have And Have Not" Lauren Becall at 19 years old rocks.

Reactions: gary2
Ingrid Bergman.

A lot of the movies mentioned in this thread are in my library. This is a favorite. So is " To Have And Have Not" Lauren Becall at 19 years old rocks.
How about For whom the bell tolls?

Last edited:
Inglouriuous Basterds
Once upon a time in Hollywood

Or 90% of all Tarantino movie.

Not the final scene in the movie, but definitely one of the best scenes of all-time:

I also love the final scene in “Casablanca,” which is my all-time favorite movie.

However, I think that the best ending of a movie is in another old black & white movie which most here probably have never seen: “Young Mr. Lincoln” directed by John Ford. The final 4 minutes, beginning as Lincoln walks out of the Springfield courtroom, are the best ever made. Sergei Eisenstein, the great Russian director (Battleship Potemkin), wrote that it was the one American movie he wished he had directed and he would have given up all the accomplishments of his career if he could be identified as the director of that final scene.

There are some badly edited versions of the ending on YouTube, but do yourself a favor and watch the whole movie. The Criterion Collection version is available free on YouTube.

Not the final scene in the movie, but definitely one of the best scenes of all-time:

I also love the final scene in “Casablanca,” which is my all-time favorite movie.

However, I think that the best ending of a movie is in another old black & white movie which most here probably have never seen: “Young Mr. Lincoln” directed by John Ford. The final 4 minutes, beginning as Lincoln walks out of the Springfield courtroom, are the best ever made. Sergei Eisenstein, the great Russian director (Battleship Potemkin), wrote that it was the one American movie he wished he had directed and he would have given up all the accomplishments of his career if he could be identified as the director of that final scene.

There are some badly edited versions of the ending on YouTube, but do yourself a favor and watch the whole movie. The Criterion Collection version is available free on YouTube.
I probably have about 25 John Ford movies. I am a huge Henry Fonda, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart fan. "Young Mr. Lincoln" is a movie I make sure I watch at least once a year.

"My Darling Clementine" and "Fort Apache" are on that list too. If you get a chance....watch " The Informer" by Ford. 1935. Victor McLaglen won an Oscar for Best Actor and Ford won for best Director. You won't be disappointed.

Ingrid Bergman.

Of all the gin joints in all the towns...

I probably have about 25 John Ford movies. I am a huge Henry Fonda, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart fan. "Young Mr. Lincoln" is a movie I make sure I watch at least once a year.

"My Darling Clementine" and "Fort Apache" are on that list too. If you get a chance....watch " The Informer" by Ford. 1935. Victor McLaglen won an Oscar for Best Actor and Ford won for best Director. You won't be disappointed.
The jury selection scene is hilarious in Young Mr Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT