ADVERTISEMENT

Best ending to a Movie.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned: Usual suspects • Planet of the Apes • Seven • As good As It Gets • The Good, the Bad, the Ugly • Scent of a Woman • Dirty Harry • Shawshank Redemption • Magnolia.

Also:

The Truman Show
Willy Wanka and The Chocolate Factory

Last edited:
Reactions: Millerton24
You obviously haven’t seen it. One of the most gripping movies I’ve seen.
The answer to the dilemma was always in full sight. it was just in that time it was unthinkable. So when the only possible decision was made, it still provided a wallop of a shock.

John Q I think, Denzel one. That was good. There was a heist movie with Deniro and Ed Norton. Decent movie but had a great ending.

Dumb movie called the mist but ending was either really good or bad, still not sure which one.

There was a WW2 movie, probably made in 70s where they had a nazi high ranking official in an airplane and he knew he was facing war crimes so they gave him the chance to jump out of the plane. The last scene shows him then pans away then the good guy closing the plane door. Always freaked me out as a kid watching it.

Want to know why? Cause no one cares.
Just curious. Have you seen that movie? I like that movie a lot. Like many other older movies, it has gotten less and less viewing exposure. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t any good. I can’t remember the last time I saw 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda so does that mean it just isn’t very good.

Reactions: gary2
Really 28 responses and not even 1 vote for The Godfather yet?
Was the ending that great? Adrien balboa annoyingly screaming “ read the papers read the papers.”

Nice symbolism with the door closing and the dude kissing Mike’s hand and all but that was pretty much just a few seconds.

Was the ending that great? Adrien balboa annoyingly screaming “ read the papers read the papers.”

Nice symbolism with the door closing and the dude kissing Mike’s hand and all but that was pretty much just a few seconds.
I guess I am a sucker for the symbolism then. LOL

I guess for me it is why that scene makes so much sense. He just went with an all or nothing solution against EVERYONE, and like he said, he "handled all family business today." There really is nothing else but to say to Kay "Don't ask me about my business" then agreeing to one time, then for the door closing scene. To me it is perfect considering what happened right before it.

I know it's a bit cerebral and probably not to the liking of many. But my favorite ending was in Cast Away.

Sixth Sense is pretty good, too.

I guess I am a sucker for the symbolism then. LOL

I guess for me it is why that scene makes so much sense. He just went with an all or nothing solution against EVERYONE, and like he said, he "handled all family business today." There really is nothing else but to say to Kay "Don't ask me about my business" then agreeing to one time, then for the door closing scene. To me it is perfect considering what happened right before it.
no, you are right, it's memorable ending for sure.. talia shire just high pitched ranting about reading the papers with the ny accent keeps jumping out at me though, like nails down a chalkboard...

I know it's a bit cerebral and probably not to the liking of many. But my favorite ending was in Cast Away.

Sixth Sense is pretty good, too.
you mean with him being at the 4 way intersection with the aerial view? that was good. Frustrated at first that we didnt get to see what was in the package but probably best that way, keeps you guessing.

if i was making the movie, i'd have had tom hanks get in the jeep with the hot red head and go drinking at some dive bar.

Reactions: CCHS82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT