ADVERTISEMENT

Best game I ever saw! Best team in the world goes down!

correct. go with the idea that it's england's top division. liverpool are in the yankees category. they rebranded it the "premier league," but that doesn't mean anything at all. it remained simply england's top division. but SINCE that time, liverpool hasn't won it. so imagine the yankees go on a mad tare in the 70's up into the early 90's. then can't get past the division round of the playoffs. sort of like that.
Sure, like the Browns and the Bears have a pile of championships from before the Super Bowl Era, to me, those still count. But sure people use that as criticism because it's not recent.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Sure, like the Browns and the Bears have a pile of championships from before the Super Bowl Era, to me, those still count. But sure people use that as criticism because it's not recent.

yes that's true. there is a difference. the NFL had like 6 teams at times (exaggeration) vs the 32 now. the english league had 20-22 teams over time.

still, liverpool should'n't be on a nearly 30 year drought. again, it'd be like the yankees being on a long drought like that, but way worse b/c they have a top 4-ish league record every season and it's only 20 teams.

yes that's true. there is a difference. the NFL had like 6 teams at times (exaggeration) vs the 32 now. the english league had 20-22 teams over time.

still, liverpool should'n't be on a nearly 30 year drought. again, it'd be like the yankees being on a long drought like that, but way worse b/c they have a top 4-ish league record every season and it's only 20 teams.

Number of teams shouldn't matter IMO, a championship is just what it is, champion of what existed, look at the NHL, they had only 6 teams for like 40 years. The NFL I think almost always had 10 or more.

Liverpool had a bad break this year-how can you expect to not win with only ONE loss in 38 games? From what I understand, 97 points would of won it almost any year ever, so Man City just happens to get 98 this year, that is like the Yankees going 110-52 and the Red Sox finishing 114-48.

Number of teams shouldn't matter IMO, a championship is just what it is, champion of what existed, look at the NHL, they had only 6 teams for like 40 years. The NFL I think almost always had 10 or more.

Liverpool had a bad break this year-how can you expect to not win with only ONE loss in 38 games? From what I understand, 97 points would of won it almost any year ever, so Man City just happens to get 98 this year, that is like the Yankees going 110-52 and the Red Sox finishing 114-48.
I am so frustrated right now. Chelsea came over last night to play an MLS team for charity. For whatever reason their owner felt this was a good idea 2 weeks before playing in the championship for a major European trophy. One of their top players likely ruptured his Achilles playing on a shit surface in Foxboro. He will miss the Final later this month and could be out an entire year.

I am so frustrated right now. Chelsea came over last night to play an MLS team for charity. For whatever reason their owner felt this was a good idea 2 weeks before playing in the championship for a major European trophy. One of their top players likely ruptured his Achilles playing on a shit surface in Foxboro. He will miss the Final later this month and could be out an entire year.
Really? You'd think they'd play the scrubs like they do in the summer exhibitions if they have a championship coming up? That's like sending your players to the pro bowl before playing in the Super Bowl.

Really? You'd think they'd play the scrubs like they do in the summer exhibitions if they have a championship coming up? That's like sending your players to the pro bowl before playing in the Super Bowl.
Great minds think alike. That’s the exact parallel someone else drew that I was talking to. They played all first teamers and then brought in 3-4 young guys for the last 5 minutes. It must have been some kind of marketing thing to play the first team guys. The manager wasn’t happy about it.

Great minds think alike. That’s the exact parallel someone else drew that I was talking to. They played all first teamers and then brought in 3-4 young guys for the last 5 minutes. It must have been some kind of marketing thing to play the first team guys. The manager wasn’t happy about it.
They should of brought a bunch of 18 year old kids from their B team, they would of appreciated it and gotten great experience playing against older pros.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT