ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 is hot garbage

Of course. We would beat Pitt pretty much every season since we have been in XII. Superior conference to ACC which is littered with small, metro schools and larger schools that emphasize hoops. Pitt’s style of play couldn’t keep up in this league.

We would beat them annually in hoops and football, in my opinion.
Yes, we saw how superior the Big 12 was yesterday.

Fair enough. Just thought I’d offer a rebuttal to ridiculous notion of Pitt fan (or any ACC team other than Clemson) tossing shade at XII.

The B12, a conference that hasn't had a national champion in football, men's hoops, or baseball in over a dozen years. But hey, it's a women's basketball conference I guess...not as good of one as the ACC, but there is Baylor.

And 0-3 vs the Sun Belt in one day, with TT having to stop a 2-point conversion to preserve a win over FCS Houston Baptist. This year, HOT GARBAGE is the correct title.

The B12, a conference that hasn't had a national champion in football, men's hoops, or baseball in over a dozen years. But hey, it's a women's basketball conference I guess...not as good of one as the ACC, but there is Baylor.

And 0-3 vs the Sun Belt in one day, with TT having to stop a 2-point conversion to preserve a win over FCS Houston Baptist. This year, HOT GARBAGE is the correct title.
Definitely agree for this one week. Again, just saying that the division that Pitt/VPI are in is “hot garbage” and has been for 10 years. It’s not even really discussed and never was because many of the teams don’t have great traditions/brands (Miami is awful from that standpoint....VPI only program that garners respect when it comes to tradition/brand). People simply ignore that entire side of the conference.

However, it’s unfair to only criticize that division. The other division is “hot garbage” as well besides Clemson.

Clemson becoming a power and winning some titles doesn’t change the fact, as a whole, that the ACC is an inferior product compared to SEC, XII and B1G.

Pitt’s division IS the Big East and that was an inferior conference that allowed us to win multiple championships.....despite the massive recruiting disadvantage from not having home grown talent.

It took longer than I expected but the Big 12 is finally coming down to what it SHOULD be.

The years of having more or less "nothing programs" like OKST, KST, Iowa St, WVU, TCU, TT taking turns being Top 10-15 teams are over. Those programs are no better than UNC, NCST, Pitt, VT, GT, Miami, etc. Just for whatever reason, coaching I guess, they were all really good while similar ACC programs were mediocre.

I am quite sure the Iowa Hawkeye fans enjoyed watching the Cyclones get hammered by a sun belt team

Definitely agree for this one week. Again, just saying that the division that Pitt/VPI are in is “hot garbage” and has been for 10 years. It’s not even really discussed and never was because many of the teams don’t have great traditions/brands (Miami is awful from that standpoint....VPI only program that garners respect when it comes to tradition/brand). People simply ignore that entire side of the conference.

However, it’s unfair to only criticize that division. The other division is “hot garbage” as well besides Clemson.

Clemson becoming a power and winning some titles doesn’t change the fact, as a whole, that the ACC is an inferior product compared to SEC, XII and B1G.

Pitt’s division IS the Big East and that was an inferior conference that allowed us to win multiple championships.....despite the massive recruiting disadvantage from not having home grown talent.
Take your burnt couch hot garbage athletic coaching education rear end baaaaaack to sheep board plz.

Yes, but all signs point to it being better. The Big 12 is Oklahoma and......Oklahoma.....and.....well Oklahoma. Texas is just a brand name. TCU's days have come and passed. Baylor was never a power and will fall back. Ok State and WVU are no different than ACC Coastal programs. So I would get off the high horse.

Hey hoopie in Columbus....
Pitt #58 (#19 public, #30 best schools for veterans, #50 most innovative schools)

Still about 15 to 20 spots from where Pitt should be, IMO, based on the reputation of its graduate programs. There is no reason Pitt should not be at least where Georgia is.

ACC easily has the top average and median of all FBS conferences.

Other notables (including all PA schools in national universities, italics ACC):
1. Princeton
2. Harvard
8. Penn
12. Duke
19. Notre Dame

26. Carnegie Mellon
26. Virginia
28. North Carolina
28. Wake Forest
35. Boston College
35. Georgia Tech

49. Lehigh
49. Miami
53. Villanova
58. Pitt
58. Florida State
58. Syracuse

63. Penn State
74. Clemson
74. Virginia Tech
80. NC State

103. Temple
133. Drexel
143. Duquesne
176. Louisville
176. Thomas Jefferson
187. Chatham
196. Robert Morris
206. Misericordia
206. Widener
217. Wilkes
227. Gannon
241. Immaculata
251. West Virginia
284. IUP

Reactions: BLH2P
Hey hoopie in Columbus....
Pitt #58 (#19 public, #30 best schools for veterans, #50 most innovative schools)

Still about 15 to 20 spots from where Pitt should be, IMO, based on the reputation of its graduate programs. There is no reason Pitt should not be at least where Georgia is.

ACC easily has the top average and median of all FBS conferences.

Other notables (including all PA schools in national universities, italics ACC):
1. Princeton
2. Harvard
8. Penn
12. Duke
19. Notre Dame

26. Carnegie Mellon
26. Virginia
28. North Carolina
28. Wake Forest
35. Boston College
35. Georgia Tech

49. Lehigh
49. Miami
53. Villanova
58. Pitt
58. Florida State
58. Syracuse

63. Penn State
74. Clemson
74. Virginia Tech
80. NC State

103. Temple
133. Drexel
143. Duquesne
176. Louisville
176. Thomas Jefferson
187. Chatham
196. Robert Morris
206. Misericordia
206. Widener
217. Wilkes
227. Gannon
241. Immaculata
251. West Virginia
284. IUP
All jokes aside, my god for a University the size of WVU, that is absolutely horrible. They are the lowest ranked of the P5 conference teams I believe.

Reactions: pierre93
Wvu is doing what the state of WVA wanted it to do.Wvu was created to give Wva kids an affordable education and a place that borderline academic kids could go.WVU has done a good job of doing what it was supposed to do.Pitt wasn't created to do what Wvu is doing.

Reactions: bayardstreet
Wvu is doing what the state of WVA wanted it to do.Wvu was created to give Wva kids an affordable education and a place that borderline academic kids could go.WVU has done a good job of doing what it was supposed to do.Pitt wasn't created to do what Wvu is doing.
Thats called community college - which I agree is the equivalent to WVU

All jokes aside, my god for a University the size of WVU, that is absolutely horrible. They are the lowest ranked of the P5 conference teams I believe.
I'm replying to Columbus since he racked on Pitt as a University a few posts back. Wvcc is bottom of the barrel among all P5 teams. There are some exceptions where my cousin in the 90's played at wvcc and majored in medicine. But he said most of the team didn't take academics serious and wouldn't of maintained eligibility anywhere else.

Last edited:

Conference strength goes in cycles. 2016 the ACC could of went toe to toe With any conference..... why? Great QB play that year.

Again, this year 2020. The ACC could go toe to toe with any conference including the Big 10 and PAC 12. ACC has 7 very good teams this year. Not including FSU who still recruits Top 10 classes every year.

I am a proud Pitt grad from the 70’s
There was a period in the mid 80’s into early 90’s when Pitts reputation wasn’t looking so good. Like it was tired old commuter school. WVU has a completely different mission than Pitt. That being said the chancellor at WVU was at Ohio State for a long time and quite frankly they should be ranked higher under his leadership. Maybe he needs to go.

At least that conference played. The big 10 didn't have the guts to play.

Conference strength goes in cycles. 2016 the ACC could of went toe to toe With any conference..... why? Great QB play that year.

Again, this year 2020. The ACC could go toe to toe with any conference including the Big 10 and PAC 12. ACC has 7 very good teams this year. Not including FSU who still recruits Top 10 classes every year.
Yeah. I mean, this is not the year for a Big 12 fan to talk trash on the ACC. With their Week 1 meltdown nothwithstanding, aside from Oklahoma, who in that conference was supposed to be any good this year? Texas? Texas is now FSU or Miami. Once proud program who is a middle of the pack team.

Reactions: sherepower
I hope and pray that Narduzzi doesn't beat us like a Red Headed step child in 2022.Surely he'll take his foot on the gas pedal in the 4th quarter and not humilinte us.One day "maybe" we'll get to the same level that Pitt is on in athletes.Unlike some schools we know where we are on the athlete
hierarchy list.

I hope and pray that Narduzzi doesn't beat us like a Red Headed step child in 2022.Surely he'll take his foot on the gas pedal in the 4th quarter and not humilinte us.One day "maybe" we'll get to the same level that Pitt is on in athletes.Unlike some schools we know where we are on the athlete
hierarchy list.

If you're lucky they'll agree to only play ten minutes in the 3rd and 4th quarters!

;)

Yeah gotta watch on here since some wvcc bleeding hearts are lurking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT