ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12

Yeah, I don't get the top-heavy thing. We have the weakest 1-seed in the tournament and then a freaking 4-seed. I get that it's still relative to the rest of the conference, but I still wouldn't call it top heavy. Especially when NC State and BC both got hot late.

Last edited:
Seth Davis is a Dookie but a CBS guy and they hate the ACC. The ACC is top heavy but just because the bottom is weak doesn't mean that Pitt, Wake, Syr, and VT are worse than Boise, CSU, TCU, Colorado, Dayton, FAU, etc.

What conference isn't top heavy, then? Duke and UNC both lost to GT. Clemson lost to Miami, VT, BC, and ND. Top heavy, to me, is like Gonzaga and St. Mary's being in a conference with a bunch of rec teams all those years. The ACC has a few pond scum teams, but that doesn't make it top heavy.

Just more weak rationalization.

Ans the more I see 💩 like this coming from designated media touts and pundits being used as mouthpieces, the more convinced I become that the committee are just a bunch of marionettes. With CBS as the puppet masters pulling the strings.

kids puppets GIF by Bob Baker Marionette Theater

What conference isn't top heavy, then? Duke and UNC both lost to GT. Clemson lost to Miami, VT, BC, and ND. Top heavy, to me, is like Gonzaga and St. Mary's being in a conference with a bunch of rec teams all those years. The ACC has a few pond scum teams, but that doesn't make it top heavy.

I think they look at the ACC and see Louisville and a few other bad teams and feel like the league isnt very good. I'd agree that our bottom is worse than the others but you only play 4-5 games vs the bottom and everything goes into the mix for SOS. By that top heavy rational, Pitt should have gotten in over UVa because we played 13 vs the top while UVa played 7. A drastic difference.

I think they look at the ACC and see Louisville and a few other bad teams and feel like the league isnt very good. I'd agree that our bottom is worse than the others but you only play 4-5 games vs the bottom and everything goes into the mix for SOS. By that top heavy rational, Pitt should have gotten in over UVa because we played 13 vs the top while UVa played 7. A drastic difference.
Who do you have as the bottom 5 in ACC?

Louisville is the only team I would view as a very likely win playing away.

Everyone else carries a degree of worry.

Just more weak rationalization.

Ans the more I see 💩 like this coming from designated media touts and pundits being used as mouthpieces, the more convinced I become that the committee are just a bunch of marionettes. With CBS as the puppet masters pulling the strings.

kids puppets GIF by Bob Baker Marionette Theater
this, been tryin' to tell people...

The irony of this...we were dinged because we played the bottom team in the Big 12, SEC and Pac 12. If those conferences were so good, those games should have helped our overall OOC schedule and NET ranking not hurt it.

The irony of this...we were dinged because we played the bottom team in the Big 12, SEC and Pac 12. If those conferences were so good, those games should have helped our overall OOC schedule and NET ranking not hurt it.

Lol. Never thought of it that way. I guess those conferences were too top heavy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT