ADVERTISEMENT

Big crowd Friday?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Ticket values are rapidly increasing on Stubhub. I sold my 4 free ones for $39.99 each but probably should have waited. May have been able to get $50 or $60 each.

The Pitt website does not have any lowers available. I am wondering if long-suffering bandwagon Miami fans within a 5-6 hour radius are all coming. 10K Miami fans? 15K? 50K total?

Last edited:
Gotta be Miami fans. I'm the only one going in my party of 4. Everyone else is working/spending time with family and I can't give my extras away. I've asked over 30 people who are Pitt grads and/or casual fans and there is zero interest in this game.

Ticket values are rapidly increasing on Stubhub. I sold my 4 free ones for $39.99 each but probably should have waited. May have been able to get $50 or $60 each.

The Pitt website does not have any lowers available. I am wondering if long-suffering bandwagon Miami fans within a 5-6 hour radius are all coming. 10K Miami fans? 15K? 50K total?
It's the Pickett effect!! Didn't someone here predict it? Haha.

Gotta be Miami fans. I'm the only one going in my party of 4. Everyone else is working/spending time with family and I can't give my extras away. I've asked over 30 people who are Pitt grads and/or casual fans and there is zero interest in this game.

I'll take your extra 3. Wouldn't mind the extra $120

I expect something similar to the UNC crowd, maybe a little bit smaller.

My group will be there.

I think Miami traditionally doesn't travel, but they are 1 game away from being undefeated in the regular season. Its been a while for them. If the roles were reversed, I would think a lot of Pitt fans would head south.

Do Miami fans travel?
Not normally but they do have a pretty large fanbase in the NE and this is a big game for them. Its also probably a bit of college football fans who don't have a big interest in Pitt but are coming because Miami is a name team ranked in the top 5 in the country. Casual fans who might not come to a game with a 8-3 Pitt team vs duke but will come to a bad Pitt team vs a top 5 name program.

1/ spend yet another boring day with your family doing nothing which is what you already did on thanksgiving

2/ spend a day shopping with the bored housewives of western pa, fighting for that much needed deal at the mall with people who are already pissed off at the crowds, despite knowing this and consciously partaking in this

3/ go to a game, drink some beers, tailgate and go watch a pitt football game

hmmm, tough decision.

If any of you guys want to get rid of a ticket or two I'd love to go.

I think Pitt is artificially inflating the prices on stubhub to try to milk as much money out of this last game as possible.

Definitely something going on with the stubhub pricing - every other game had hundreds of tickets for $6 but there are none below $20 for Miami.

Definitely something going on with the stubhub pricing - every other game had hundreds of tickets for $6 but there are none below $20 for Miami.

The something going on is that this game has crazy high value. Its not rocket science. Miami has the Swag back. They are undefeated and are playing for a CFP bid. They are back. When Miami is Miami, they are a big-time draw. No, they don't travel well but given the circumstances since its been so long for them, I'm thinking they bring 10K, mostly from Philly, NY/NJ, DC.

I just sold my season lowers for $70 each. I put them on there just seeing what I could get and they sold in a day. But I want to go to the game so I'll have to buy 2 uppers from Pitt. Oh well, I'll take it.

Let's see. No students will be there. But they haven't been at the recent games anyhow. Quite a few of the regular season ticket holders are just not going because it's the Holiday and they have other things going on. Maybe 20,000 total there?

Let's see. No students will be there. But they haven't been at the recent games anyhow. Quite a few of the regular season ticket holders are just not going because it's the Holiday and they have other things going on. Maybe 20,000 total there?

Then they are throwing good money away because lowers are selling like hotcakes.

And its not possible to have only 20K people at an event with secondary market values this high. What happens is the people who weren't going to go, all of a sudden find out how much their tickets are worth and sell them.

I had the great misfortune of having to sit with a few dozen Pgh city school students at the UNC game. Apparently, lots of freebies were given away for that one. If my experience that night is any indication, within 10 years, the city of Pittsburgh will resemble the movie Idiocracy. I hope that isn't the case again.

show up to game...walk towards stadium....buy a ticket from a local street merchant for 8 bucks (offer not a penny more)...do not listen to posts above if you value your money....

Way to be a financial advisor!

show up to game...walk towards stadium....buy a ticket from a local street merchant for 8 bucks (offer not a penny more)...do not listen to posts above if you value your money....
hate scalpers, scum bags. do the city a favor and don't support this nuisance. id give a heroine addict my left over pain pills before giving money to a scalper

got

Got our tickets for $ 44 a ticket From STUHUBS, SEC 106.

hate scalpers, scum bags. do the city a favor and don't support this nuisance. id give a heroine addict my left over pain pills before giving money to a scalper
then by all means give SMF 39.99 for his freebies...I'd rather give some dude on the street some coin that some dude hosing me for 40 bucks a pop...

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

Penn State doesn't allow them. Why do you think that is?

then by all means give SMF 39.99 for his freebies...I'd rather give some dude on the street some coin that some dude hosing me for 40 bucks a pop...
lol, well im not feelin that option either. between those 2, im picking C, go to game, tailgate, then go to local bar..

cause scalpers are homeless people with a tiny bit of knowledge in how to get tickets only to mark up to people who are lazy. no homeless people in central pa, we have plenty of them, not something to be proud of. I know you think it's progressive to have this in our streets but it's not.

cause scalpers are homeless people with a tiny bit of knowledge in how to get tickets only to mark up to people who are lazy. no homeless people in central pa, we have plenty of them, not something to be proud of. I know you think it's progressive to have this in our streets but it's not.
gee, penn state does not allow underage drinking at their tailgates or child sexual abuse on their campus either but alas it goes on anyways....

I usually get seats from Stubhub for every game, so I have been monitoring what Pitt does with the tickets closely all season.

Pitt pulled this same thing for the OK St game. They thought it was going to be a hot ticket with a top 10 team coming into Heinz. All week they inflated the ticket prices on the secondary ticket sites along with controlling the # of tickets listed, so that it looked like the event was in demand. I chose to get them from a scalper at the stadium instead which was easy as ever, of course. Got to the game, and saw a tiny crowd. Then checked stubhub once into the stadium and game time was approaching and suddenly tons of seats were available for next to nothing.

This is all Pitt's doing. Sadly some people are dumb enough to fall for it and pay well above the market value.

gee, penn state does not allow underage drinking at their tailgates or child sexual abuse on their campus either but alas it goes on anyways....
they don't allow underage drinking at their tailgates? How so? It's college, underage drinking at tailgates is basically what constitutes college football on a P5 campus. you cant have one without the other. I mean you can but it would suck..

A friend of a friend is a low-level scalper. Because of that, I know a good deal about the scalp game. Think The Wire but without the violence. Its set up like the drug game. There's kingpins or whatever they call them. They get the tickets, give the foot soldiers 10 or 20 tickets each and give them a corner. They bring back whatever they make and earna commission.

This guy actually used to do the PSU games all the time. Tons of Pittsburgh and Philly scalpers would make the drive up there until PSU banned it. Lots of Pittsburgh scalpers also work the WVU games.

they don't allow underage drinking at their tailgates? How so? It's college, underage drinking at tailgates is basically what constitutes college football on a P5 campus. you cant have one without the other. I mean you can but it would suck..
yeah, point I was making was in regards to scalpers and overlooked illegality....plenty up there...

I usually get seats from Stubhub for every game, so I have been monitoring what Pitt does with the tickets closely all season.

Pitt pulled this same thing for the OK St game. They thought it was going to be a hot ticket with a top 10 team coming into Heinz. All week they inflated the ticket prices on the secondary ticket sites along with controlling the # of tickets listed, so that it looked like the event was in demand. I chose to get them from a scalper at the stadium instead which was easy as ever, of course. Got to the game, and saw a tiny crowd. Then checked stubhub once into the stadium and game time was approaching and suddenly tons of seats were available for next to nothing.

This is all Pitt's doing. Sadly some people are dumb enough to fall for it and pay well above the market value.

Can you explain how Pitt can control what other people list their tickets for on the secondary market?

there is a sucker born every minute....don't know, seemed to apply to someone paying 44 bucks for the 8 dollar ticket I mentioned above...that's ok, goes to a good cause.. some dude on stubhub..
there is a sucker born every minute....don't know, seemed to apply to someone paying 44 bucks for the 8 dollar ticket I mentioned above...that's ok, goes to a good cause.. some dude on stubhub..

Its cool, not a big deal, after airline tickets and hotel $200 in tickets for 4 is not bad.

Reactions: Pitt MD
A friend of a friend is a low-level scalper. Because of that, I know a good deal about the scalp game. Think The Wire but without the violence. Its set up like the drug game. There's kingpins or whatever they call them. They get the tickets, give the foot soldiers 10 or 20 tickets each and give them a corner. They bring back whatever they make and earna commission.

This guy actually used to do the PSU games all the time. Tons of Pittsburgh and Philly scalpers would make the drive up there until PSU banned it. Lots of Pittsburgh scalpers also work the WVU games.
interesting and makes sense. I hate scalpers though, hate them. I am far from financially well off but I would absolutely pay 30 from a respectable looking human being than paying 15 to this filth..

Reactions: pitt2010
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT