ADVERTISEMENT

BIG looking at Clemson and FSU

Interesting. Not good between FSU and ESPN in what way? Not aware of any direct agreement between ESPN and FSU. Just between ESPN and the ACC/ACCN.

Everybody wants a better deal. That’s always the case. Just not sure how FSU - as a stand-alone entity - expects more?
You aren't aware of any, because there aren't any.

I thought the same thing when Miami left the Big East.
Pitt football is in a much better place now then in 2003. We've been the ACC's most consistant team outside of the bible cult since we have joined. No one in the coastal has touched what we have done

Interesting. Not good between FSU and ESPN in what way? Not aware of any direct agreement between ESPN and FSU. Just between ESPN and the ACC/ACCN.

Everybody wants a better deal. That’s always the case. Just not sure how FSU - as a stand-alone entity - expects more?
lol, thank you. i was curious about this "espn and fsu" relationship. what is pitt and espn's relationship status?

Reactions: PittMan 72
Pitt is also pissed because ESPN promised to pay for an on-campus stadium in Oakland and didn't. Because ESPN didn't, Chancellor Gallagher was forced to resign.

I got this info from a fan-based Twiiter account that sounded like he was well connected to Pitt's administration and in the know.

Now, see how easy it is to spread a rumor! 🤷‍♂️

lol, thank you. i was curious about this "espn and fsu" relationship. what is pitt and espn's relationship status?
Contractually directly with ESPN? The same as FSU’s: non-existent.

This is apparently just another “Warchant” hissy fit. Certain posters insist on dragging this kind of non-Pitt individual school-related 💩 they find anywhere on the Internet, onto this site. Riles some folks up. Like the gun-runners bringing whiskey to the renegades.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Not sure the validity but

Makes sense from FSU. Assuming the 70 million / yr big ten is accurate they are still ahead of current acc and guarantees spot long term

This is all regurgitated from the Greg Swaim rumor. He is literally the Dude of WVU but with a radio show. GO back and look at all of his relaigment stuff. He is 0 for 10,000.

In all seriousness, do the mods keep all of these WVU/PSU/Big Pretend folks off of the pay board? This nonsense is getting a bit much on here.
If you pay for a Rivals subscription, do you get access to *all* the Rivals school-specific pay sites or just one? Not sure but if it’s the latter, they likely don’t have to worry about that much since they’re less likely to pay for a Pitt membership.

Then again, I’m sure Chris wouldn’t have a problem with WVU/PSU fans paying towards his site… :oops:

If you pay for a Rivals subscription, do you get access to *all* the Rivals school-specific pay sites or just one? Not sure but if it’s the latter, they likely don’t have to worry about that much since they’re less likely to pay for a Pitt membership.

Then again, I’m sure Chris wouldn’t have a problem with WVU/PSU fans paying towards his site… :oops:
I haven't subscribed 2-3 years but I think you can read articles on any page but if you want to post on the paid boards you have to sign up and pay for multiple subscriptions..there were a few Penn State weirdos who posted but not too many

Reactions: HailToPitt725

No, just the one u signed up for. You don’t get membership access to other teams boards.

This is all regurgitated from the Greg Swaim rumor. He is literally the Dude of WVU but with a radio show. GO back and look at all of his relaigment stuff. He is 0 for 10,000.

I dont know why I cant be Greg Swaim. He completely makes stuff up. He somehow even missed Colorado even though that was a good possibility to happen. The thing about him and The Dude is its not even like they just have bad sources. They have no sources and are just making stuff up. They pioneered fake news.

I dont know why I cant be Greg Swaim. He completely makes stuff up. He somehow even missed Colorado even though that was a good possibility to happen. The thing about him and The Dude is its not even like they just have bad sources. They have no sources and are just making stuff up. They pioneered fake news.
He's not making things up. These guys have "insiders" that "had a conversation with someone" so now it's real or something.

The Colorado stuff was driven by panic and rumors. We'll see if it was justified or not.

He's not making things up. These guys have "insiders" that "had a conversation with someone" so now it's real or something.

The Colorado stuff was driven by panic and rumors. We'll see if it was justified or not.
Swaim seems like the type of a guy who throws a bunch of stuff to the wall and see if it sticks, but he was on the money re: UCLA/USC well before anyone else.

It makes me wonder if he’s actually on the ball with the latest Big Ten expansion rumors… were his sources in the program or the conference? That’s rhetorical but if it’s the latter, they could be feeding him the same scoops now.

Last edited:
Swaim seems like the type of a guy who throws a bunch of stuff to the wall and see if it sticks, but he was on the money re: UCLA/USC well before anyone else.

It makes me wonder if he’s actually on the ball with the latest Big Ten expansion rumors… were his sources in the program in the conference? That’s rhetorical but if it’s the latter, they could be feeding him the same scoops now.
I thought Flugar was getting credit for USC/UCLA? Whatever, that one wasn't really all that surprising.

I think the B1G (directly or indirectly) is inciting some chaos behind the scenes. Fanning the flames or something. The internet trolls are all to eager to spread chaos. I don't know what they would see in Washington or Oregon. That would be done if it had any legs to it so they are likely looking southward. I don't even think expansion is even on their radar in the short term but fanning the flames of discontent benefits them.

Just my thoughts, and I'm probably full of crap, but I could see UCF being the easiest one to pick off. They don't have the history but it's a gigantic school that would spend every cent it has to win and is all too happy to jump.

It makes me wonder if he’s actually on the ball with the latest Big Ten expansion rumors… were his sources in the program in the conference? That’s rhetorical but if it’s the latter, they could be feeding him the same scoops now.

Swaim, going back to 2012, just makes stuff up. He is all over the place. Like you said, they throw out a million different scenarios, and then when one hits, they ride it as "he got that one right" forever.

That Greg Flugar does the same. The Dude of WVU. MVher. They are all the same.

Of course they are going to hit occassionally when they throw out a million different scenarios.

When Thamel, Dellinger, Teel (ACC), Wilner(pac 12), Castanzo (pac 12) say something, that is when my ears perk up.

Swaim, going back to 2012, just makes stuff up. He is all over the place. Like you said, they throw out a million different scenarios, and then when one hits, they ride it as "he got that one right" forever.

That Greg Flugar does the same. The Dude of WVU. MVher. They are all the same.

Of course they are going to hit occassionally when they throw out a million different scenarios.

When Thamel, Dellinger, Teel (ACC), Wilner(pac 12), Castanzo (pac 12) say something, that is when my ears perk up.
Yeah, good post.

College football has so many people that think they are connected and love the attention that guys like Swaim give them.

No. This guy in particular is absolutely making things up. He has no sources at all and is no different than me saying "Pac 12 Team X will join Big 12 on Wednesday." He might luck into one but incredibly, he has never once hit on one. Not once.

im just curious why Oregon isnt a bigger player in all of this. i see another freakin rumor about the corner schools rumored to be going to the big 12, im gonna puke. but never any real mention of oregon, who i think is pretty much the last remaining program that would actually add value to a conference..

and they seem to either forgotten or on mute.

im just curious why Oregon isnt a bigger player in all of this. i see another freakin rumor about the corner schools rumored to be going to the big 12, im gonna puke. but never any real mention of oregon, who i think is pretty much the last remaining program that would actually add value to a conference..

and they seem to either forgotten or on mute.

I think no one wants them because they will jump at the big 10 the first second they get. I think the big xii are trying to add schools that have some value but aren’t going to create the drama the Texas, usc, fsu, Clemson, oregons of the world are going to create. They just want stability without cutting to deep into their pet school payout.

I think no one wants them because they will jump at the big 10 the first second they get. I think the big xii are trying to add schools that have some value but aren’t going to create the drama the Texas, usc, fsu, Clemson, oregons of the world are going to create. They just want stability without cutting to deep into their pet school payout.
Big12 would take anyone from another P5 in a heartbeat, regardless of whether they'd jump or not. Oregon is roughly the same size as Pitt. Their success is relatively recent and if Nike ever pulled funding they'd fade back into oblivion. That said, they do have a decent TV following but they are also way out in the middle of nowhere. I think the ACC would have added them before Louisville if they were anywhere near the Mississippi but they're not. There's some risk with Oregon so far as sustainability in a "smaller" media market and a relatively small number of alumni. Plus they're just really far away. Maybe if the B1G couldn't break into the south but if they were that attractive they'd be in already.

Reactions: pittmeister
Big12 would take anyone from another P5 in a heartbeat, regardless of whether they'd jump or not. Oregon is roughly the same size as Pitt. Their success is relatively recent and if Nike ever pulled funding they'd fade back into oblivion. That said, they do have a decent TV following but they are also way out in the middle of nowhere. I think the ACC would have added them before Louisville if they were anywhere near the Mississippi but they're not. There's some risk with Oregon so far as sustainability in a "smaller" media market and a relatively small number of alumni. Plus they're just really far away. Maybe if the B1G couldn't break into the south but if they were that attractive they'd be in already.

I typically don't buy the "if X, they'd be in already" argument. I mean when the ACC took Miami, VT and BC, and fans of BIg East schools saying they would be next if the ACC expanded always got the "they'd be in already if the ACC wanted them" argument. Then 9 years later Pitt and Cuse were added.

The legit national writers have confirmed there is interest between Oregon/Washington and the BIG, but the BIG presidents want to "pause" and integrate USC/UCLA. It may happen. It may not happen. But I think there is legit interest from both sides, and as long as there is, a school like Oregon, or Washington, or Clemson (another smallish school), or UVA (another smallish school that the BIG would be interested in), UNC, FSU, Miami (another school the BIG is rumored to have be interested in) will always have one foot out the door.

Stability for what? To become FCS2? If indeed as most say, the two large conferences are poaching their choice schools with intent to then break off into their own private league, a significant schools left out of the NC pictures are going to eventually drop football (like ours for example). Is the B12 more strategic than folks here believe? Maybe, thinking that the particular schools they add can get by playing in a minor league, aka rural enough and enough ‘school spirit’ or whatever else that they’d continue to make enough money to survive playing minor league?

I’m genuinely curious. Is the B12 taking the gamble that the big 2 will be prevented from locking out the others, so it wants enough teams on it’s roll by then that it will get more allocated spots in the playoff? That the big 2 will be decreed to provide this benevolence by the TV networks (wanting enough relevant content)? By the federal government (antitrust threat)? Why the heck else would the Big 2 be so beneficent to the Leftover losers?

Why is the B12 working so feverishly, almost desperately it seems, to prepare for a coming storm, yet the ACC is doing nothing?

Do the ‘leftover’ ACC schools like us merely assume the B12 will take the ones that will continue to play, while others will just drop the sport?

Please, no more empty platitudes that “everything is a crazy rumor, nothing will happen” but that “Pitt football will be fine if it does”. There has to be some reasoning behind that belief. Nobody gives any.

I typically don't buy the "if X, they'd be in already" argument. I mean when the ACC took Miami, VT and BC, and fans of BIg East schools saying they would be next if the ACC expanded always got the "they'd be in already if the ACC wanted them" argument. Then 9 years later Pitt and Cuse were added.

The legit national writers have confirmed there is interest between Oregon/Washington and the BIG, but the BIG presidents want to "pause" and integrate USC/UCLA. It may happen. It may not happen. But I think there is legit interest from both sides, and as long as there is, a school like Oregon, or Washington, or Clemson (another smallish school), or UVA (another smallish school that the BIG would be interested in), UNC, FSU, Miami (another school the BIG is rumored to have be interested in) will always have one foot out the door.
The Big East to ACC was more a matter of who wanted to go. At that time, schools like Pitt and Syracuse were pretty content to stay put.

Interest may be "legit" but it's obviously conditional. Plan B, maybe? TV money is TV money so why wait to grab more of it if it's worth it? Add to that, if you're integrating two schools, why not just do four? Like I said, heading south would reap more rewards if they could pry someone loose. That's what they really covet.

Pitt football is in a much better place now then in 2003. We've been the ACC's most consistant team outside of the bible cult since we have joined. No one in the coastal has touched what we have done

Conference wins by Coastal teams since we joined:

Pitt - 48
Miami - 48
Virginia Tech - 42
UNC - 43

I don't know that's it's the runaway you're making it out to be.

The Big East to ACC was more a matter of who wanted to go. At that time, schools like Pitt and Syracuse were pretty content to stay put.

Interest may be "legit" but it's obviously conditional. Plan B, maybe? TV money is TV money so why wait to grab more of it if it's worth it? Add to that, if you're integrating two schools, why not just do four? Like I said, heading south would reap more rewards if they could pry someone loose. That's what they really covet.

I don't think it was a matter of who wanted to go. I mean there were lawsuits filed and a lot of pissed off people, especially from Pitt. I don't think they or anyone else wanted to be left behind. There was only an open invitation to Miami, VT and BC. If Pitt and Cuse (or anyone else) wanted to come, they would have. But they weren't invited.

Not at all. The ACC pulling Miami and BC was all done behind closed doors with the intent to destroy the Big East and usurp its auto-BCS bid. Syracuse was then invited and had no choice but to follow...and they were set to leave...until the Virginia legislature forced UVA to block the vote to force VT to be added, who until then was also party to the resulting lawsuits against the ACC.

FSU Board of Trustees Chair Peter Collins is vague on some issues but is confident something is going to be happening in the relatively near future. To me, it sounds like they are banking on a BIG invite.

I just posted this in the other thread: he doesn't come out an say it directly, as to not "endanger what they are doing," but easy to read between the lines that FSU leadership is clearly intending to leave the ACC and doing everything they can to do so. Clear belief the financial gap is insurmountable and also think they can defeat the GOR in court, though there may be other legal issues. Clearly also believe they have a spot in the SEC or Big 10 lined up as soon as the timing is ready. Based on the comments I'd guess they are thinking of leaving in a time frame with in two to five years.

There are some things on the research side that seem a little unrealistic so I'm not sure they have realistic take on everything in athletics either, but it doesn't matter. Their minds appear to be made up. When the university leadership is all but openly pursing a way out like they have been, it might as well be over. You can't keep the band together with schools doing that, and honestly, it probably wouldn't matter if ESPN match the SEC's money tomorrow. Going to be a big legal nightmare, I'd expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePanthers
Like I said, fsu wants out. They will be the ones that fight it hard.

And once they go, any school with a big or sec invite will follow shortly after.

Pitt better have a spot in the big xii. It’s not ideal but there won’t be much left in the acc.

Like I said, fsu wants out. They will be the ones that fight it hard.

And once they go, any school with a big or sec invite will follow shortly after.

Pitt better have a spot in the big xii. It’s not ideal but there won’t be much left in the acc.
I'm not sure what's left of the ACC will be worse than the B12. Regardless, no used worrying about things you can't control. There is still a lot of things that can happen.

I’m just to the point I’m done with college athletics, especially football. Which is a shame because it has always been my favorite thing to follow.

You had 5 or 6 really good regional type conferences. And while there has always been movement it’s been the same 60-70 teams.

Now everything is consolidating into 2 huge whatever the hell 18 to 24 teams is called and there is such a huge gap it’s sucks.

I will always support Pitt. I will always be a season ticket holder. I’ve grown to love the Olympic sports more and more because they still seem “pure”.

But my days of watching college football from midday to midnight and never missing bowl games or the playoffs are pretty much over.

I’m just to the point I’m done with college athletics, especially football. Which is a shame because it has always been my favorite thing to follow.

You had 5 or 6 really good regional type conferences. And while there has always been movement it’s been the same 60-70 teams.

Now everything is consolidating into 2 huge whatever the hell 18 to 24 teams is called and there is such a huge gap it’s sucks.

I will always support Pitt. I will always be a season ticket holder. I’ve grown to love the Olympic sports more and more because they still seem “pure”.

But my days of watching college football from midday to midnight and never missing bowl games or the playoffs are pretty much over.
There is still a lot to play out. Including a lot of potential legal stuff.

It will be interesting to see if there is a reaction to this video across the league. We may not see it, because rightfully it should play out behind closed doors.

Reminds me of Andy Haggard a lot.

Also, for someone intentionally not trying to give away what FSU is working on so as not to disrupt it, is sure appears stupid to "walk up to the line" of what he believes he can say, and by doing so, just about give everything away. Seems like being a fan favorite is a big deal to this guy. Really just dumb to be this public and on video. But also shows they just don't care about the ACC at all. Their decision for FSU to leave appears to have been made when UCLA and USC left. Clearly they reached out pretty immediately to both the SEC and B10 and started working on legal issues.

Their argument that media contracts is a smaller % of the budget because they make so much more money, and therefore the media contract gap affects them more because it means more to them, is just absolutely idiotic. Very self-inflated view of FSU.

There is still a lot to play out. Including a lot of potential legal stuff.

It will be interesting to see if there is a reaction to this video across the league. We may not see it, because rightfully it should play out behind closed doors.

Reminds me of Andy Haggard a lot.

Also, for someone intentionally not trying to give away what FSU is working on so as not to disrupt it, is sure appears stupid to "walk up to the line" of what he believes he can say, and by doing so, just about give everything away. Seems like being a fan favorite is a big deal to this guy. Really just dumb to be this public and on video. But also shows they just don't care about the ACC at all. Their decision for FSU to leave appears to have been made when UCLA and USC left. Clearly they reached out pretty immediately to both the SEC and B10 and started working on legal issues.

Their argument that media contracts is a smaller % of the budget because they make so much more money, and therefore the media contract gap affects them more because it means more to them, is just absolutely idiotic. Very self-inflated view of FSU.

I am watching it now. At the "insurmountable" part. I would like to ask him, how much money does FSU need to win a NC. If they make the same as Bama, will they win NC's? I would also ask, if they are making XXXX less than Bama, why wouldn't they still be able to recruit 4-5 star recruits like they are doing now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT