Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
NET 40 47 50 53
Q1 1-6 3-4 2-4 4-6
Q2 4-3 1-2 5-2 1-3
Q3 5-0 5-2 7-1 4-2
Q4 6-0 8-0 6-0 6-0
Road 2-7 6-2 4-5 1-7

The UVA/VT game was a huge NET mover. I think VT is still pretty far off the bubble, but it really moved UVA squarely on it, and they’re schedule is probably the hardest left of any bubble team in the ACC.

I think VT is closer to the field than many think. And for me, UVa is a Last 4 In type of team now. There is very little difference between these 4 teams.

What about this, should Pitt lose to Wake, VT and Mizz drops to quad 4.
NET 51 52
Q1 5-6 3-6
Q2 1-3 1-2
Q3 4-2 5-1
Q4 6-0 8-1
Road 2-7 6-3

I think VT is closer to the field than many think. And for me, UVa is a Last 4 In type of team now. There is very little difference between these 4 teams.
I think VT gets hurt by just having 11 losses. Although their OOC wins probably way better than anyone on the bubble.

They just lost to Notre Dame like a week ago, I’m not really sure how good they are. If we beat them on Saturday I think they are probably out.

Lunardi in his updated bracket this morning still has St John’s and Villanova ahead of Pitt in the next four out category which is complete garbage. I don’t see even see how Colorado is ahead of Pitt. One thing is for sure if Pitt wins this game tonight they should definitely jump Wake Forest in the brackets and be one of the last 4 teams in the tournament. No team on the bubble right now has 4 Quad 1 road wins which is what Pitt would have if they win this game at Wake tonight.

Lunardi in his updated bracket this morning still has St John’s and Villanova ahead of Pitt in the next four out category which is complete garbage. I don’t see even see how Colorado is ahead of Pitt. One thing is for sure if Pitt wins this game tonight they should definitely jump Wake Forest in the brackets and be one of the last 4 teams in the tournament. No team on the bubble right now has 4 Quad 1 road wins which is what Pitt would have if they win this game at Wake tonight.

I seriously wouldn't worry about this at this point in time. No team is getting into the NCAA Tournament with a record around .500 for an at large. He is just trying to drive clicks right now.

He did this same non sense with Ohio State last year and I must have told this board at least 10 times Ohio State had zero chance to get in. After losing something like 10 games in a row, Lunardi finally figured things out. It only took that major losing streak and half of the college basketball community on twitter to get this guy to understand they were going no where. Personally, I think he is doing this to drive clicks to bigger name schools. Almost everyone with a pair of eyes knew Ohio State was done. They lost something like 15 straight anyway to where it wasnt even close.

Villanova is in better position than St. Johns but they still have 11 losses already which is bad. The killer for Pitt is once again the non conference schedule because of who we beat, who we lost to , and the SOS numbers. We will get major style points for the road record which is undervalued by many. We need some more big Q1 wins and we will be solid inside the tournament. Tonight is huge obviously. We need this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT