ADVERTISEMENT

Board Research Question:

It's a relevant question because the "stability" argument always finds its way into the conversation. There's no point in worrying about stability if the current staff is going to hurt the program by staying.

I hear what you are saying, but I don't totally agree. Firing Duzz could very well lead to a new coach that is more successful with Pitt ending up in a better place. However, it could also lead to another round of WTF decisions, and if possible make Pitt even more of a laughing stock.

Look at Wanny. In hindsight, he should have been retained. The end result was worse than keeping him. Of course, dipship Peterson was a big reason for the multiple clusters, and he is not longer destroying the program (although he presence is still felt).

This is what I fear. If the trajectory of the program is headed downwards and you throw in a terrible recruiting class on top of it, it probably becomes a matter of when not if for Narduzzi. Of course, he has many games left this season to fix things but we have looked really bad all year even including the Albany game

Sean,

As a research question...

Is Kenny Pickett still better than Trace McSorely?

Or are you just going to continue to ignore your own predictions when questioned?

Yes. McSorely is an average QB playing with NFL players all around him

I was OK with the extension because I thought we needed to show some stability for once. Sadly it has not helped at all with recruiting. And if the 7 years means something like 5 full years would need to be bought out, that would be a huge problem -- hopefully it wasn't something like that.
Yet this is Pitt so almost certainly what it is.

I suspect the contract extension likely reduced the buy out. Does anyone have a clue what the buy out may be? I'm hoping it does not go that way...but if Pitt plays as poorly as it has the past several weeks...it may need to be explored. Hail to Pitt!

I've been begging for an answer to the buyout question for weeks. I really have to believe it was part of the equation.

I suspect the contract extension likely reduced the buy out. Does anyone have a clue what the buy out may be? I'm hoping it does not go that way...but if Pitt plays as poorly as it has the past several weeks...it may need to be explored. Hail to Pitt!

I've been begging for an answer to the buyout question for weeks. I really have to believe it was part of the equation.

We never got the terms of Stallings or Pederson's buyout and never will. Pitt is not a fully public university and wont release these details

Yeah a QB with 69 TDs and 20 INTs, who made lead his conference in total yards for three consecutive seasons -- only average.

I love good "system" quarterbacks. Because they can run their system.

We never got the terms of Stallings or Pederson's buyout and never will. Pitt is not a fully public university and wont release these details

I am well aware of that. I do happen to know that the Stallings buy out was a tiny fraction of what was "contractually" owed him. Pitt played hardball, and had him in a tight spot...so he caved, rather than go nuclear and risk Pitt destroying his reputation and possibly future ability to coach. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to provide any details...but let's just say that Pitt could not afford not to do the deal that was ultimately completed. Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: California Panther

I am well aware of that. I do happen to know that the Stallings buy out was a tiny fraction of what was "contractually" owed him. Pitt played hardball, and had him in a tight spot...so he caved, rather than go nuclear and risk Pitt destroying his reputation and possibly future ability to coach. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to provide any details...but let's just say that Pitt could not afford not to do the deal that was ultimately completed. Hail to Pitt!

Hmmm, so SMF was right again because that is basically what I predicted and everyone thought Pitt wouldn't be able to use anything for leverage

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT