ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl huge success

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
The Super Bowl on Sunday shattered all previous records and was the most watched tv show of all time.

Nielsen has changed the way they count viewers which explains away some of the increase, but I think we can all “swiftly” say that this years Super Bowl was an overwhelming win for the NFL.

The Super Bowl on Sunday shattered all previous records and was the most watched tv show of all time.

Nielsen has changed the way they count viewers which explains away some of the increase, but I think we can all “swiftly” say that this years Super Bowl was an overwhelming win for the NFL.

Everyone here was saying no one's going to watch this Super Bowl because its the same 2 teams. I correctly said it will be the most watched of all time. For one, its the Super Bowl, its going to get great ratings. Throw in a Taylor Swift storyline and you get the few Americans who dont like football to watch. Easy prediction.

Everyone here was saying no one's going to watch this Super Bowl because its the same 2 teams. I correctly said it will be the most watched of all time. For one, its the Super Bowl, its going to get great ratings. Throw in a Taylor Swift storyline and you get the few Americans who dont like football to watch. Easy prediction.

I don't recall anyone saying other people wouldn't watch it. They said they just didn't personally care about these teams.

It was obviously going to get huge ratings because of the star power it involved, including the Muppets cast (Taylor Swift = Skinny Ms. Piggy; Mahomes = Kermit the Frog; Kelce = Fozzie or maybe Animal; Reid = Fat Gonzo; Purdy = Beaker; etc.).

Who said nobody was going to watch? Come on man.

Reactions: Pitt79

Swifties effect ,
Let’s be honest

i didnt really care about either team but i watched it. first half kind of sucked, exciting ending. like i said in another thread, i used the extended halftime show to take a piss and grab a couple beers from the bar while the women watched sweaty usher roller skating..

its the super bowl, sunday night, what the hell else are you going to watch? Btw, can they please move this damn game to saturday night already? Please, for the love of christ, it makes so much sense..

oh and i heard a guy say it and it cracked me up and makes sense, taylor swift's body looks like big bird from sesame street.

• Haha
Reactions: mike 301 and Pitt79
black national anthem lol, yeah, go to any nfl football game and do what every other non racist does during this and get the beer and nachos at the refreshment stands during this league mandated, forced, nonsense..
I've almost always stayed in the concourse until the pregame crap at Steelers or Pitt games ended, I have no desire to see or hear any anthem or see special guest introduced.

I've almost always stayed in the concourse until the pregame crap at Steelers or Pitt games ended, I have no desire to see or hear any anthem or see special guest introduced.
well if it's a pitt football game, im in the parking lots still tailgating well into the first quarter.

if im dragging my ass to the north shore for this game, im tailgating as long as possible until the light blue parking lot mafia forces me to shut it down and go to the game..

The Super Bowl sucked. Boring game and OT wasn’t that exciting either to be honest. If Sam Francisco has stayed aggressive on defense they would have probably won but they went to that soft 5 deep cover and Mahomes just took each small chunk until in the red zone. Doesn’t help that Chiefs did not get called on some egregious holds.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
The Super Bowl sucked. Boring game and OT wasn’t that exciting either to be honest. If Sam Francisco has stayed aggressive on defense they would have probably won but they went to that soft 5 deep cover and Mahomes just took each small chunk until in the red zone. Doesn’t help that Chiefs did not get called on some egregious holds.
If SF's OT blocks down and picks up the inside rusher before their last FG in OT, they win. Just a bad scheme because he was expecting the TE to release and there would be help inside. Lots of "ifs". KC put the ball on the ground five times but only gave one away. SF lost two.

Also, KC was flagged for more yards than SF. There wasn't any issue with holding or any other penalties. Was called pretty much the way they always call the game.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
My 14 year old daughter and all her friends were at my house watching it... and it wasnt because they wanted to see if Smoot would be able to press Samuel.

Taylor Swift was the reason this game was so hyped
I read that TS was on screen only 54 seconds, all these Swiftees watched a 4-hour broadcast to see that?

My daughter is 22 and she's not a fan of TS, wondering if she's more popular with younger kids?

• Haha
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I read that TS was on screen only 54 seconds, all these Swiftees watched a 4-hour broadcast to see that?
lol, that's a great point. hey, if you are a teenage girl and love taylor swift, i get it, i have a daughter and nieces. but watching football which most teenage girls could care less about, to see a 2 second clip of her in the luxury box just doesnt seem worth it..

if she was doing halftime show then yes, i get it but her doing a high 5 with mahomes drunk dad and rapist brother, doesnt seem all that interesting..

if she was doing halftime show then yes, i get it but her doing a high 5 with mahomes drunk dad and rapist brother, doesnt seem all that interesting..
Absolutely! I would have been more interested in seeing Taylor Swift do the halftime show than Usher, I've never seen her perform, so it would be interesting to see what all the Swifty mania is all about.

Absolutely! I would have been more interested in seeing Taylor Swift do the halftime show than Usher, I've never seen her perform, so it would be interesting to see what all the Swifty mania is all about.
nfl probably cant afford her. lord knows what that price tag would be.

nfl probably cant afford her. lord knows what that price tag would be.
I've read they don't pay much, the artists just do it because it's such a big stage and so many people see it. But she's so currently huge, she doesn't need any more attention.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
I've read they don't pay much, the artists just do it because it's such a big stage and so many people see it. But she's so currently huge, she doesn't need any more attention.
yeah, great point, why would she even want to do it. she gets more attention hanging out in a luxury box watching the game than having to perform a show..

yeah, great point, why would she even want to do it. she gets more attention hanging out in a luxury box watching the game than having to perform a show..
She definitely doesn't need any help to be in demand, she had that concert tour where some nut job Swifties paid up to $15K for one ticket! More than the ridiculous Super Bowl tickets. I saw fans interviewed at her Tokyo concert before the Super Bowl and they were all paying thousand$ for tickets, one woman said she quit her job and flew up from Australia and spent like $10K to see her show and said she had already seen her like 6 times.

If SF's OT blocks down and picks up the inside rusher before their last FG in OT, they win. Just a bad scheme because he was expecting the TE to release and there would be help inside. Lots of "ifs". KC put the ball on the ground five times but only gave one away. SF lost two.

Also, KC was flagged for more yards than SF. There wasn't any issue with holding or any other penalties. Was called pretty much the way they always call the game.
Did you see Bosa get tackled in OT?

I honestly feel like swift could perform the next 3 super bowls. Has enough material to do a part 1/2/3. Throw in the chiefs going for a three peat, but Kelce and her break up. Plays into the how does he respond while ex is playing halftime. Part 2, the reunion. Part 3, post marriage. A never ending ratings smash with football and music.

Reactions: Jeffburgh

Well... I think the game itself was awesome. One of the better Super Bowls ever I would think. Steelers-Cards was my fav of course, Rams-Titans, and many others, but certainly one of the best.

Shoot... I make a point to go to the bathroom or get a beverage at all home games during the national anthem let alone the other ones. Not against it just a good time to get that beer and take a pee.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Shoot... I make a point to go to the bathroom or get a beverage at all home games during the national anthem let alone the other ones. Not against it just a good time to get that beer and take a pee.
or just hang out in the parking lot at the tailgate spot until 1/2 way thru the first quarter like me.. you miss all of this while drinking beer that doesnt cost 8 bucks a cup..

The pregame for the game is over six hours, they recognized countless people for countless things on the field before hand.
I try to avoid as much of it as possible. Usually if I'm watching at home I DVR the start of it, so I can FF past all that CRAP and just start at the kickoff.

I try to avoid as much of it as possible. Usually if I'm watching at home I DVR the start of it, so I can FF past all that CRAP and just start at the kickoff.
i've really tried to stick with this for pitt and steeler games when watching. DVR it and watch it a few hours after it started.. to be able to FF thru commercials and instant replays. Its sooooo much better.

Only thing is, its super hard to do if you arent doing anything cause you got to turn your phone off to avoid any texts from your buddies on game.

But if you have plans during a pitt or steeler game, and can turn the phone off and avoid any updates, then come home and watch the game in about 1/3rd of the time with DVR, it's fantastic..

It’s not a penalty to not set the edge. To be an OL and tackle a Defensive lineman is a penalty.

I watched it a bunch of times wondering if Bosa could have won the Super Bowl there.

Two things prevented it. They went play action hard to Pacheco the other way. Bosa bit on it. Also, they timed Kelce’s reverse motion to be there in case Bosa tried to set the edge. Bosa was already inside of him taking a step to #10.

I could see TJ swimming under Kelce and blowing it up. So while I do think there was a play to be made there, they accounted for him in a couple ways. I still probably sneak it there.

I watched it a bunch of times wondering if Bosa could have won the Super Bowl there.

Two things prevented it. They went play action hard to Pacheco the other way. Bosa bit on it. Also, they timed Kelce’s reverse motion to be there in case Bosa tried to set the edge. Bosa was already inside of him taking a step to #10.

I could see TJ swimming under Kelce and blowing it up. So while I do think there was a play to be made there, they accounted for him in a couple ways. I still probably sneak it there.
Was an RPO and they were depending on Bosa to bite. If he plays it straight, KC is in trouble because #15 had nowhere to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT