ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl huge success

Was an RPO and they were depending on Bosa to bite. If he plays it straight, KC is in trouble because #15 had nowhere to go.

It wasn’t a traditional RPO that the decison was based on the edge. The RB went the other way. I don’t think handing off was ever an option. So it’s not like Mahomes pulled it because of that.

I think it was an straight option for Mahomes. If Bosa played it straight, Kelce likely engages him. Then he could run or throw to another guy. Since Bosa bit, Kelce was free both as a downfield blocker and a target. It was a great design.

To your point, Bosa could have gotten them in trouble, but he would have had to get around Kelce too.

Every year. Same thing.

It's the Super Bowl. People are going to watch. It is no different than non religious people celebrating Christmas. It is a holiday.

People are going to love the halftime show, people are going to hate, and people are going to ignore. Every year.

Now in this country, we have to throw in politics dependent on one's party choice. People will cheer and say how great someone's performance is if they come out and just play with themselves. People are just blind followers without the guts to be honest if something sucks or conversely if it is good.

Next year same thing. What I don't get is why do people and mostly the media care if people like or dislike Taylor Swift being there? Who cares. Really, why do we get so wrapped up in this crap.

I’m pissed they didn’t show more Blake lively. I get teenage girls want to se Taylor swift but every straight guy wanted less Taylor and more Blake lively.

I’m pissed they didn’t show more Blake lively. I get teenage girls want to se Taylor swift but every straight guy wanted less Taylor and more Blake lively.

I didn't like how Ice Spice was always in the shot. I didn't know who she was until Sunday but she is way too ugly to be a famous singer/rapper, whatever.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Didn't watch a minute of it and woke up $300 richer ..
Woo Hoo half time score ....

i've really tried to stick with this for pitt and steeler games when watching. DVR it and watch it a few hours after it started.. to be able to FF thru commercials and instant replays. Its sooooo much better.

Only thing is, its super hard to do if you arent doing anything cause you got to turn your phone off to avoid any texts from your buddies on game.

But if you have plans during a pitt or steeler game, and can turn the phone off and avoid any updates, then come home and watch the game in about 1/3rd of the time with DVR, it's fantastic..
You don't need to do a few hours, just do a half hour, then by halftime you can FF through to the 3rd quarter. Over the last few years though, I have watched a lot of noon Pitt games at 6pm or later, where I live, I just need to avoid social media and contact with a few close people, I can walk around town all day here in a Pitt jersey or shirt and nobody will say anything because Pitt's not on anybody's radar :)

I've read they don't pay much, the artists just do it because it's such a big stage and so many people see it.

In fact, the NFL does not pay them anything at all. What the artist gets from it is the attention of all those people watching them, which they hope will drive record sales, streams and concert ticket purchases.

As an example, Usher released his latest album last Friday. That was not a coincidence. He is also selling tickets for a big tour that starts later this year that is playing multiple nights in every city he is playing. That is also not a coincidence.

In fact, the NFL does not pay them anything at all. What the artist gets from it is the attention of all those people watching them, which they hope will drive record sales, streams and concert ticket purchases.

As an example, Usher released his latest album last Friday. That was not a coincidence. He is also selling tickets for a big tour that starts later this year that is playing multiple nights in every city he is playing. That is also not a coincidence.
Same with Gaga before
Its supposed to be an honor -
Because the nfl doesn’t make enough to pay them

It wasn’t a traditional RPO that the decison was based on the edge.
The play fake was there so Mahomes could run if the quick hit to Kelce wasn't open. That's why Bosa was unblocked. He was the read. If he makes the correct read, Kelce was in his way, but the guy Kelce eventually blocks is free to make a play. As soon as Kelce realized Mahomes was running, he turned and blocked. Five yard gain on 4th and inches, just like they drew it up.

We're also not talking about Purdy locking into one receiver and missing wide open guys but it's easier to blame one missed call.

great call, just saw this..

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Sheesh. With the amount of money some people rake in , will only be a matter of time
until we have the first trillionaire .
Musk will be a trillionaire within 15 years if the market conditions are good. There are only 60 nations on Earth who have an annual GDP higher than his net worth.

To not get blocked and let a QB run right past you isn't a penalty either but I guess you can cry about one call and get sympathy. Pretty typical for defensive players.
You are arguing that a human being should have done X but he didn’t. What I am saying is that another human being committed a penalty that would have negated the winning touchdown and it wasn’t called.
OOOOKKKKK.... if you cant enjoy an overtime superbowl then you shouldnt be on this message board.
why? This is about Pitt sports not the NFL.

Same with Gaga before
Its supposed to be an honor -
Because the nfl doesn’t make enough to pay them

If you have all sorts of big stars falling over themselves to do it for free, why would you pay any of them?

I mean Usher is a big star. All sorts of number one songs. Sold tons of records and streams. Sells out arenas all over the world. And more people in the US heard his music on Sunday than had heard his music in his whole career up until now.

If you have all sorts of big stars falling over themselves to do it for free, why would you pay any of them?

I mean Usher is a big star. All sorts of number one songs. Sold tons of records and streams. Sells out arenas all over the world. And more people in the US heard his music on Sunday than had heard his music in his whole career up until now.
Usher had a residency in Vegas - so was pretty easy for him after 2 years there .
Which he made over $1mil per show so well over $100mil gross .
So name recognition isn’t a selling point for him , I’d say

You are arguing that a human being should have done X but he didn’t. What I am saying is that another human being committed a penalty that would have negated the winning touchdown and it wasn’t called.
Human beings made mistakes in both instances. Here's a news flash, just about every play that occurs during a game features a human being making a mistake. Missed block here, blown read there. Sometimes that's a missed penalty. Like I said, you had a badly blown defensive read and a QB locking into one guy on the last two series. SF didn't even know the OT rules. Huge mistake. There are lots of ways that game could have gone outside of one missed holding call if other people were doing what they were supposed to.

one thing i saw online that people kind of missed is that the chefs had at least one OL and maybe two, way past the line of scrimmage, downfield, on that play. no call..

NFL refs need to start calling that garbage. college has cracked down on it but it goes missed way too often in the nfl.

one thing i saw online that people kind of missed is that the chefs had at least one OL and maybe two, way past the line of scrimmage, downfield, on that play. no call..

NFL refs need to start calling that garbage. college has cracked down on it but it goes missed way too often in the nfl.
We do this every year after the super bowl. The refs seem to put the whistle away in big games. Seems to happen pretty regularly in the playoffs and notably when it doesn't involve the play. Really could care less so long as the calls go the same both ways.

We do this every year after the super bowl. The refs seem to put the whistle away in big games. Seems to happen pretty regularly in the playoffs and notably when it doesn't involve the play. Really could care less so long as the calls go the same both ways.
ok, i get it, my point was in a more general sense of not calling "illegal man downfield", especially as these RPO systems become more prevalent.

Wasn’t that the case with the SF td pass by the wr too? I think Romo said it.
i dont know, maybe. quite frankly, it's probably one of those things were it can be called on most pass plays now with how bad it's gotten..

Well as noted ushers shows in Vegas just completed in December .
Super Bowl in Vegas - so why not -
To kick off the tour .
I’m simply pointing out for name recognition isn’t a thing usher needs
I mean it is the Super Bowl. Artists don't perform for name recognition, they get selected because of name recognition.

Though I am totally shocked "Up With People" never became a bigger thing.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT