ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Cummings 26 points per game

I really just would hate to see us lose him to the portal. If he gets drafted so be it. But getting out spent when u could have a back court of him, Lowe, and Leggett and hopefully a transfer would be a rough look.

Perhaps, but if it came down to it I'd rather roll with Cummings and Lowe and use the money on a talented wing or something than pay for this Cummings, Lowe, Carrington trio. Would Carrington even want to play the 3? I could see a situation where he was unhappy about that because he thinks his NBA appeal is at another position. I mean, obviously the positions aren't completely black and white, but he's certainly going to be used a little differently in a starting lineup with Cummings and Lowe.

I get what you're saying, though, and I agree in principle. You want to know we're at least doing all we can.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Perhaps, but if it came down to it I'd rather roll with Cummings and Lowe and use the money on a talented wing or something than pay for this Cummings, Lowe, Carrington trio. Would Carrington even want to play the 3? I could see a situation where he was unhappy about that because he thinks his NBA appeal is at another position. I mean, obviously the positions aren't completely black and white, but he's certainly going to be used a little differently in a starting lineup with Cummings and Lowe.

I get what you're saying, though, and I agree in principle. You want to know we're at least doing all we can.
Yeah that makes sense. Unfortunately we’re just not in the situation that we can afford Bub AND the expensive talented wing!

There is no chance whatsoever that all those dudes suit up for Pitt.

It may take a year longer than I thought, but Bub will be NBA bound before he’s a junior.

Last CBS mock draft had him going to OKC.
I’d be shocked if a team at the end of the first round wasted a pick on him. More likely a euro they can stash and not pay for a more ready plug and play player. I guess OKC could take a chance on him

It doesn't have to be a basketball vs football thing.

Almost half the roster and the entire Pitt frontcourt next year is international players. We are saving a ton of money on NIL in basketball because of that. This program can afford to go big game hunting in the 2025 basketball recruiting class and get a few studs. And football will have nothing to do with that. All Capel needs to do is keep winning with the freshmen this year.
Yeah it does. Only at the very, very richest the two succeed at a high level at the same time. Look at Michigan BB right now. Look at Auburn FB right now. There is a ying and yang thingy.

I don't think it would help. 😀
Correct. Also people who are so obsessed with me that they care about beaver county basketball teams that will win more this year than they have in a decade should probably know how to check the schedule 😉. Hope he tells Rob Greenleaf I said hello

I’d be shocked if a team at the end of the first round wasted a pick on him. More likely a euro they can stash and not pay for a more ready plug and play player. I guess OKC could take a chance on him
Likely very much the truth. I guess my overall point was that if he's still hanging around a random mock draft now, there's no chance he's still here after two years unless he has no growth and development whatsoever.

Likely very much the truth. I guess my overall point was that if he's still hanging around a random mock draft now, there's no chance he's still here after two years unless he has no growth and development whatsoever.
Hopefully he stays another year, we give him whatever we gave the Bama transfer that probably won’t even play and we have him, Lowe, Leggett and Cummings. That challenges for the best backcourt in the ACC in tact.

Regardless of who others have. I’d Imagine Will Wade will have Louisville stacked up to challenge that backcourt next year and Duke obviously. Not sure anyone else compares.

Hopefully he stays another year, we give him whatever we gave the Bama transfer that probably won’t even play and we have him, Lowe, Leggett and Cummings. That challenges for the best backcourt in the ACC in tact.

Regardless of who others have. I’d Imagine Will Wade will have Louisville stacked up to challenge that backcourt next year and Duke obviously. Not sure anyone else compares.
Thought it was interesting that the ESPNU broadcast on Tuesday mentioned on a few occasions how Bub was probably a draftable guy now, but that “he could be a lottery pick” with another year in college. If that becomes the consensus, then I think we’ve got a good shot at a very nice team next year.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Thought it was interesting that the ESPNU broadcast on Tuesday mentioned on a few occasions how Bub was probably a draftable guy now, but that “he could be a lottery pick” with another year in college. If that becomes the consensus, then I think we’ve got a good shot at a very nice team next year.

Well if the ESPNU broadcast guys said it!

They're definitely not known for overhyping the game they're doing.

Reactions: rockypanther

Not that my donation makes a difference but if I hear we were outbid for our own guys like Bub Carrington, I'm leaving A412. What's he going to cost? 500K? We are paying straight-up football bums that to give us a prayer of going 6-6? If we lose Bub, I better here legit sources saying we matched but he wanted a top program.

Just bustin' his balls. I'm sure that's an impossible gig he has. Seems like a good dude. And he handles those Ls plus the ones on here in stride
Took it in late May over 2 other offers for fun. Haven’t been to the playoffs since 1998. Haven’t won consecutive games in 11 years.

Will do the second one in the next 2 weeks. Will break other streak next year. If the parents don’t run me out for being a big ole meanie to their kids

Took it in late May over 2 other offers for fun. Haven’t been to the playoffs since 1998. Haven’t won consecutive games in 11 years.

Will do the second one in the next 2 weeks. Will break other streak next year. If the parents don’t run me out for being a big ole meanie to their kids

The PG says you are 0-15. I am not familiar with the program but basketball is pretty big in Beaver County so its hard to believe they've been bad for that long. I doubt the top athletes are wrestling instead.

The PG says you are 0-15. I am not familiar with the program but basketball is pretty big in Beaver County so its hard to believe they've been bad for that long. I doubt the top athletes are wrestling instead.
Yeah, they’re wrong. Maxpreps is more accurate than the PG. The top athletes go to Rochester, Beaver, Lincoln Park, Aliquippa etc.

We will also finish not last in the section for the first time in 7 years! Big progress!

The Bub that started the season is a far different player than he is now and it’s not for the better . No one’s breaking the bank for him the way he’s shooting the ball .

Paying a buyout can be done through a donation to the school which is tax deductible while NIL money isn’t a tax deductible expense .

It‘s a lot cheaper for Pitt boosters to fund the NIL than pay a buyout and then pay for any coach who could instantly elevate the program . Plus that magical coach would need the NIL money too !

This is the dream scenario for guards. And our chances for Dixon have gone up exponentially now that Kansas is reportedly no longer recruiting him.

Lowe- JR
Carrington- JR
Cummings- SO
Dixon- FR
Thomas-FR
No chance of Carrington still being here. He’s gone after this year from everything I hear even if scouts tell him he isn’t ready.

Doubt we have Thomas either, but Lowe, Cummings and Dixon is still pretty sweet.

Updating this thread

-Of the 12 schools recruiting Meleek Thomas on his last list cut, only 6 of them have had a D1 coach visit him this season. Those schools include Kentucky, Kansas, Pitt, Auburn, Michigan, and Kansas State. Only 3 schools have had the actual head coach in to see him. Kentucky, Pitt, and Kansas State. Thomas is coming off a visit to Kentucky.

-Pitt staff is in again tonight for major Pitt target Derek Dixon. Dixon has visited Pitt 3 times unofficially and is recently coming off a monster performance against powerhouse Dematha on the road with a win which is one of the best high school programs in the country. If Dixon commits early in late spring it would be a major, major recruiting win for Capel and staff. As mentioned previously, Kansas does not appear to be recruiting him any longer which is a major deal for Pitt. His top 4 include Pitt, Syracuse, Villanova, and Virginia. He is close to Jeff Capel and Milan Brown.

-Heavy Pitt target Amari Evans is coming off an official visit to Tennessee. He is a priority recruit for Tennessee and interest is high with them which was confirmed with Tennessee insider Ben Mckee. Pitt continues to recruit Evans hard. Pitt, Penn State, Xavier, Oklahoma State, and others involved. Recently climbed to 66th Nationally in the country per On3.

-As I mentioned in another thread, I would keep an eye on Colt Langdon with an upcoming visit to Pitt at some point. Jeff Capel has built a quality relationship with him and his stock is increasing. 6'7 sharpshooter that plays with grit. Is pushing the national top 75 as a 4 star recruit in on3s updated rankings.

-Brandin Cummings recently poured in another 29 point performance. Different day, same result, significant points put on the board by a scoring machine. He would be dropping 50+ on some of these teams if he played the full game. Had 28 points and 6 threes at halftime against Beaver previously.

You and 3,500 other people. Unfortunately for you all, football is what butters the bread at this school... to the extent that any bread is even being buttered at all.

If we had as many basketball fans as you guys claim and if buying your way into basketball relevancy was as easy as you guys claim, then we should have an organic NIL cooperative set up by now that is mighty robust and funds only basketball.

They don't get that most of BB's NIL money comes from football fans.

If it was up to BB fans to fund NIL they'd be throwing change at recruits.

They don't get that most of BB's NIL money comes from football fans.

If it was up to BB fans to fund NIL they'd be throwing change at recruits.

Correct. There are fans at many other schools who suggest the same thing (foregoing football success to go all in on basketball). But people like what they like, and you simply can't change that. People don't want to suck at football. It's like telling them they can be an amazing dresser if they sell their car and get a lemon. They don't want to.

If anything, sucking at football would probably lead to a smaller pool of funds and less money coming in for basketball, as you alluded to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT