ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Cummings 26 points per game

Correct. There are fans at many other schools who suggest the same thing (foregoing football success to go all in on basketball). But people like what they like, and you simply can't change that. People don't want to suck at football. It's like telling them they can be an amazing dresser if they sell their car and get a lemon. They don't want to.

If anything, sucking at football would probably lead to a smaller pool of funds and less money coming in for basketball, as you alluded to.

It's a bizarre thought process that's always permeated. There's nothing better for each program than the success of the other.

Reactions: PittMBA
Updating this thread part 2.

Meleek Thomas is taking an official visit to Pitt in the upcoming few weeks per PSN. He's been on about 4 unofficial visits to Pitt so far this season, most of which were with Brandin Cummings.

Bub Carrington's father has told 5 Star Meleek Thomas to stay home and go to Pitt on social media. Carrington's father has been quite vocal on social media in regard to his support to both Pitt and Jeff Capel. Carrington's father also called Capel a "good friend" wishing him a happy birthday, a relationship that goes back over a decade. I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the negative people, but Carrington is not transferring anywhere in the offseason unless its to the NBA which I also dont think is happening.

Brandin Cummings had 27 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and 7 steals against Imani Christian in a win. He continues to surge and pour it on.

Derek Dixon should be taking an official visit to Pitt in the future, which would be his 4th visit to Pitt. He is a major target and I have said this many times in the past.

Meleek Thomas is taking an official visit to Pitt in the upcoming few weeks per PSN. He's been on about 4 unofficial visits to Pitt so far this season, most of which were with Brandin Cummings.

Bub Carrington's father has told 5 Star Meleek Thomas to stay home and go to Pitt on social media. Carrington's father has been quite vocal on social media in regard to his support to both Pitt and Jeff Capel. Carrington's father also called Capel a "good friend" wishing him a happy birthday, a relationship that goes back over a decade. I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the negative people, but Carrington is not transferring anywhere in the offseason unless its to the NBA which I also dont think is happening.

Brandin Cummings had 27 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and 7 steals against Imani Christian in a win. He continues to surge and pour it on.

Derek Dixon should be taking an official visit to Pitt in the future, which would be his 4th visit to Pitt. He is a major target and I have said this many times in the past.
Well if Lowe and Bubs do return next year, and a good portal addition or 2, I would have to suspect Pitt would be highly ranked in the preseason polls. But I am not counting on that happening.

Well if Lowe and Bubs do return next year, and a good portal addition or 2, I would have to suspect Pitt would be highly ranked in the preseason polls. But I am not counting on that happening.

It's a priority that we keep at least Lowe at Pitt for next year, preferably both Lowe and Bub. But I don't have a good feeling that both will be here. Pitt needs to do whatever it takes to keep Jaland here. Nothing against Bub, but Jaland is the guard we've needed for so long and he is developing into a top guard in the ACC.

It's a priority that we keep at least Lowe at Pitt for next year, preferably both Lowe and Bub. But I don't have a good feeling that both will be here. Pitt needs to do whatever it takes to keep Jaland here. Nothing against Bub, but Jaland is the guard we've needed for so long and he is developing into a top guard in the ACC.
I agree, Bub's ceiling is SKY high, but Jaland's floor is already sooooo high and has a big ceiling as well. Exciting times

Reactions: jctrack
If you get a chance, go see Cummings play. You all are going to love this kid. He will be coming to the Pete with Maleek Thomas for the 4A title game in the near future. It may not be against the greatest competition like Nuemann Goretti, who they beat for the state title last year, but, he and Maleek are two special players. We got one for now, perhaps we can get lucky and get both.

I don’t see why people continue to believe this , both players fathers are coaches and friends with JC . They steered their sons to Pitt to be coached by JC and they’ve both flourished under his tutelage. They had better options and certainly closer to home for Jaland . Loyalty to their coach has been inbreed in them ….they’re going nowhere and they’ll be taken care of properly .

Correct. Also people who are so obsessed with me that they care about beaver county basketball teams that will win more this year than they have in a decade should probably know how to check the schedule 😉. Hope he tells Rob Greenleaf I said hello
Aren’t you two in the ex-Pitt managers club together?

Would like to see them add a wing who can shoot 3’s to make up for some of Hinson’s shooting and a big man with some weight to him

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Aren’t you two in the ex-Pitt managers club together?
Dunno who special sauce is and don’t care.

But I tripled the teams’ wins, won back to back for first time since 2012, didn’t finish last in section for first time since 2017 and will triple the wins again next year when I have control of schedule and don’t have to play good 4A teams to Start the season for some reason! And my best 2 players are a freshmen and sophomore (who spent half the season ineligible). GROWTH!

Dunno who special sauce is and don’t care.

But I tripled the teams’ wins, won back to back for first time since 2012, didn’t finish last in section for first time since 2017 and will triple the wins again next year when I have control of schedule and don’t have to play good 4A teams to Start the season for some reason! And my best 2 players are a freshmen and sophomore (who spent half the season ineligible). GROWTH!
I was talking about Greenleaf. He taught my kids in HS.

There is a really cool article in the PG regarding our freshmen guards in Jaland and Bub.

Not only do both of these guys love Capel, both of their fathers love Capel. I think the cooler part of the story that I did not know is, the 2 fathers were friends beforehand and talked basketball on a lot of phone calls before these 2 were even going to Pitt or even being recruited by Pitt. And both Bub and Bub's father were both recruiting Lowe to Pitt after Bub committed.

Its an interesting twist, because when Lowe started to surge in the EYBL as the sessions went on, Pitt went all in on Lowe and stopped recruiting Ty-laur Johnson who was a major Pitt target before and a teammate of Papa Kante where our staff was front and center for the 2 of them all EYBL long.

So there is a lot more history with Bub, Bub's father, Jaland, Jaland's father, and Jeff Capel than was previously known. These 3 have all known one another for a long time and I did not know Bub and Jaland's fathers were friends long before Pitt even got into the picture.

As I mentioned in the above post 3 weeks ago, Derek Dixon would be making an official visit to Pitt, his 4th visit to Pitt. That official visit is happening in April per on3 confirmed today. He will also be making an official visit to Virginia, his second trip there. Dixon is a MAJOR recruiting target in 2025 and is expected to commit early. Virginia is in his top 2-3ish schools. I expect Dixon to push for a 4 star top 50 national ranking within 1 year from today if not higher.

Amari Evans is coming off his Tennessee visit and just picked up another offer recently by another SEC school, Texas A&M. He was also recently named overtime elite defensive player of the year and remains a significant Pitt target who has already visited once. He is high on Tennessee and Tennessee is high on him.

Lincoln Park opens state championship playoffs on March 8th led by Brandin Cummings and Meleek Thomas. Jeff Capel and staff have were at multiple wpial games watching the dynamic duo win the wpial title. Thomas is still making an official visit to Pitt in the near future and all indications are Pitt is right there to get him.

Colt Langdon has already taken a visit to Pitt in the past and his offer sheet along with his recruiting ranking are both picking up steam as I said they would previously. He just broke the school record for points as a sophomore and is going to continue to rise in the national rankings. I would expect an OV to Pitt in the future and possibly in the spring. He has a strong relationship with both Capel and Milan Brown. He is a big time shooter at the wing / forward. Alabama is starting to come pretty hard and he is expected to be making a 2nd visit to LSU.

As I mentioned in the above post 3 weeks ago, Derek Dixon would be making an official visit to Pitt, his 4th visit to Pitt. That official visit is happening in April per on3 confirmed today. He will also be making an official visit to Virginia, his second trip there. Dixon is a MAJOR recruiting target in 2025 and is expected to commit early. Virginia is in his top 2-3ish schools. I expect Dixon to push for a 4 star top 50 national ranking within 1 year from today if not higher.

Amari Evans is coming off his Tennessee visit and just picked up another offer recently by another SEC school, Texas A&M. He was also recently named overtime elite defensive player of the year and remains a significant Pitt target who has already visited once. He is high on Tennessee and Tennessee is high on him.

Lincoln Park opens state championship playoffs on March 8th led by Brandin Cummings and Meleek Thomas. Jeff Capel and staff have were at multiple wpial games watching the dynamic duo win the wpial title. Thomas is still making an official visit to Pitt in the near future and all indications are Pitt is right there to get him.

Colt Langdon has already taken a visit to Pitt in the past and his offer sheet along with his recruiting ranking are both picking up steam as I said they would previously. He just broke the school record for points as a sophomore and is going to continue to rise in the national rankings. I would expect an OV to Pitt in the future and possibly in the spring. He has a strong relationship with both Capel and Milan Brown. He is a big time shooter at the wing / forward. Alabama is starting to come pretty hard and he is expected to be making a 2nd visit to LSU.

Rivals has updated their top 150 national recruit ranking.

Of the 4 players I mentioned yesterday,

As expected,

Derek Dixon's rise has continued and he has climbed to 65th in the country and his rise in the rankings will continue going into the summer. Expect National Top 50 or better.

Meleek Thomas checks in at #7 in the country.

Colt Langdon enters at 135th in the country.

And Amari Evans is not evaluated although is pushing the national top 50 in on3s updated rankings.

Derek Dixon's visit to Pitt is confirmed for April 12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT