ADVERTISEMENT

Brits Beat Yanks at Wembley

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I didn’t see it. Anyone else? Statistically it looks like England was the better team.

I did not see it, in fact I didn't even know the score until now, but I did see the US lineup before the game started and you cannot say that the US coach just played a bunch of older players to try to get a result. They even brought 17 year old Alyssa Thompson off the bench late when trying to get an equalizer.

I did not see it, in fact I didn't even know the score until now, but I did see the US lineup before the game started and you cannot say that the US coach just played a bunch of older players to try to get a result. They even brought 17 year old Alyssa Thompson off the bench late when trying to get an equalizer.
I saw Rapinoe in the starting lineup and knew they weren’t serious. I don’t understand what the woman has over US Soccer.

I saw Rapinoe in the starting lineup and knew they weren’t serious. I don’t understand what the woman has over US Soccer.

Yeah, but look at much of the rest of the lineup. They started a back line of Fox, Girma, Cook and Huerta (most of the people here just said who, who, who and who?). They started Sullivan and Rodman in the midfield and Sophia Smith up top.

Rapinoe and I would say Naeher were the only old, undeserving players in the lineup. And Sauerbrunn was the only old player they brought in off the bench. When was the last time you could say that they played so few of the old guard in a match?

The Brit’s looked solid in Euros and I predicted them beating US. Simple question, who could they put on the field to beat the Brits?

Trinity Rodman scored a great goal to make it 2-2, but it was taken away because our forward was an eyelash ahead of the England defender. Only in soccer does the tie not go to the offensive team. So dumb.

England might have won anyway, but we were still experimenting with some of the spots.

Rodman and Sophia Smith are going to be superstars— and likeable ones too.

It’ll be refreshing when the old guard get the hell off the roster. But looking at the future the players on younger national teams haven’t faired so well internationally.

It’ll be refreshing when the old guard get the hell off the roster. But looking at the future the players on younger national teams haven’t faired so well internationally.
Yeah our U17s, U20s etc have really been poor. Too many washed up British coaches in the US Youth system if you ask me. It would be nice if some of the top college coaches would get involved again like 15-20 years ago, but US Soccer isn’t known to be too friendly to having part-time coaches — even if they are the best options. What’s left are foreign coaches and under qualified American club coaches.

Yeah our U17s, U20s etc have really been poor. Too many washed up British coaches in the US Youth system if you ask me. It would be nice if some of the top college coaches would get involved again like 15-20 years ago, but US Soccer isn’t known to be too friendly to having part-time coaches — even if they are the best options. What’s left are foreign coaches and under qualified American club coaches.
I thought the rumor was FSU coach resigned last year to get involved in national team stuff. No idea if he is or not or coaching pro women.

I thought the rumor was FSU coach resigned last year to get involved in national team stuff. No idea if he is or not or coaching pro women.
No he is the GM of the Washington Spirit in the NWSL now.

Krikorian is far and away the best coach in America at any level — and he is American.

Ok, that was funny.
It’s not funny to me. In fact it’s tiresome. I’m as critical as the next person of our WNT, but the comparison of them to players with penises is so irrelevant. It’s two different sports.

Saw Sophia Smith play last week here in NJ with my daughters.

Her strength and confidence on the ball was impressive. At one point she was being held up by a defender behind her with another defender trying to swipe the ball and she looked completely unfazed. I think she’ll be a good one.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt and JD1976
Saw Sophia Smith play last week here in NJ with my daughters.

Her strength and confidence on the ball was impressive. At one point she was being held up by a defender behind her with another defender trying to swipe the ball and she looked completely unfazed. I think she’ll be a good one.
Yeah. Excited about her. We’ve been following her career a bit and wanted to see he more involved with the WNT more than she has been.

Reactions: zookeeper2000
USWNT U-17 sent home from World Cup. Another disappointing performance. lost to Nigeria in PKs but spent much of the game behind. We have now seen multiple US girls teams underperform. Is the world catching up, is the same selection process for players failing the US, poor coaching selections, or all of the above.

USWNT U-17 sent home from World Cup. Another disappointing performance. lost to Nigeria in PKs but spent much of the game behind. We have now seen multiple US girls teams underperform. Is the world catching up, is the same selection process for players failing the US, poor coaching selections, or all of the above.
What’s even more disturbing is the sexual misconduct in US soccer going all the way down into the youth levels.

US women drawn with Vietnam, Netherlands and one of the playoff winners, either Cameroon, Thailand or Portugal for next year's World Cup.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT