ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny to Duquesne?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

I watched the Dru Joyce press conference and it seemed as if the AD was hinting it. If this were to happen to a program like Duquesne, I cant even begin to describe how massive this would be. On the court, I think he'd just be a good A10 player but the guys who would sign up to play with him plus the off the court implications would forever change that program.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
I agree the media and the hype would be over the top. As a player he is average. He is a solid 4 year college player. Imo.

But he is already the GOAT of nepo babies, as a player he's an average schmuck, but if daddy agrees to sign with whoever drafts him, he could be in the NBA next year.

Unless the family decides to move back to Akron, I think it would be hard for him and everyone around him to move to Pittsburgh.

Also, I would think they'll prefer a school in a power conference. I don't even know what network shows Duquesne games. Is it CBS Sports Network?

Unless the family decides to move back to Akron, I think it would be hard for him and everyone around him to move to Pittsburgh.

Also, I would think they'll prefer a school in a power conference. I don't even know what network shows Duquesne games. Is it CBS Sports Network?

ESPN, CBSSN, and USA.

I watched the Dru Joyce press conference and it seemed as if the AD was hinting it. If this were to happen to a program like Duquesne, I cant even begin to describe how massive this would be. On the court, I think he'd just be a good A10 player but the guys who would sign up to play with him plus the off the court implications would forever change that program.
I cant even begin to describe how massive this would be...all of the sudden the cat's got your tongue for the first time in 65,000 posts? Please do detail how "massive" this addition of 5pts a game would be because I'm a tad too slow to pick up on it..

They'll start showing every one :)

I cant even begin to describe how massive this would be...all of the sudden the cat's got your tongue for the first time in 65,000 posts? Please do detail how "massive" this addition of 5pts a game would be because I'm a tad too slow to pick up on it..
The impact has nothing to do with Bronny being any good at basketball, it would be the attention and money they get just for having LBJ's son. LeBron himself could drop a giant NIL donation on them to buy more players, There is actually media Buzz about Mr 5.0ppg getting drafted into the NBA just from that it's clear it has nothing to do with basketball ability.

The impact has nothing to do with Bronny being any good at basketball, it would be the attention and money they get just for having LBJ's son. LeBron himself could drop a giant NIL donation on them to buy more players, There is actually media Buzz about Mr 5.0ppg getting drafted into the NBA just from that it's clear it has nothing to do with basketball ability.
Was he doing that even for USC in P12/B1G? Do any current A10 teams aside from Dayton spend in the portal?

Are you that stupid? LeBron is one of the 5 most popular humans on the planet. At worst, his son is an A10 level starter so its not exactly like he's bad or anything. If he goes to Duquesne, they will sell out of season tickets, get better transfers than they normally would and get more ESPN games. It would change the program forever

Reactions: DruidTM
Are you that stupid? LeBron is one of the 5 most popular humans on the planet. At worst, his son is an A10 level starter so it’s not exactly like he's bad or anything. If he goes to Duquesne, they will sell out of season tickets, get better transfers than they normally would and get more ESPN games. It would change the program forever.
Forever? Doubtful. In fact, when he leaves -which could be after only one year -Duquesne will most likely go back to being same old Duquesne.

It would be great to see it, hope it happens but there’s just so little chance. Someone is going to roster this kid to rent his Dad for a year or two. Miami, San Antonio or the Laker’s. LeBron wants to play with him. No different than the Buck’s rostering Giannis’s bro who has no game. Bronny has yet to prove anything in the college game and making the leap to the NBA in this fashion is going to make it that much harder for him to ever get respect as a player. He’s not getting minutes in the league. If he was a man, he’d play at Duquesne or another college team and let his talent speak for itself. But, he’s a kid and he’s going to do whatever Daddy says.

If we judge popularity by who heard of you, its

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Swift
4. LeBron
5. Trump

If we judge it by how many people "like" you, its

1. Messi
2. Swift
3. LeBron
Source?

Neither of your definitions fit the real meaning of popularity. I like this one - "Popularity is the % of people who have a positive opinion of a person." LeBron has too many people with negative opinions of him to be overly popular by that definition.

You conveniently forgot several of the most famous people in the world, including Elon Musk.

Source?

Neither of your definitions fit the real meaning of popularity. I like this one - "Popularity is the % of people who have a positive opinion of a person." LeBron has too many people with negative opinions of him to be overly popular by that definition.

You conveniently forgot several of the most famous people in the world, including Elon Musk.
And Musk does not have many people with negative opinions of him? You just conflated popular with famous.

Source?

Elon Musk is Top 10, maybe, but he's a businessman. Not as popular as athletes or singers. LeBron, Messi, Ronaldo, and Taylor Swift are known by almost every human on the planet. I wouldn’t say that about Elon Musk. Why does this offend you so much. Oh, wait, its LeBron, one of the enemies of your people, I forgot.

So let me get this straight. The prodigal son of (inarguably) one of the 3 greatest basketball players ever, who has basically lived and played his entire life in either LA or Miami AND whose NIL brand is easily the largest of any male college athlete in the NCAA, is going to come to (inarguably) the 2nd-best program in a city that doesn’t have an NBA franchise???

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
And Musk does not have many people with negative opinions of him? You just conflated popular with famous.
I did not. I was referring to SMF omitting Musk on HIS famous list.

Please learn to read,

Elon Musk is Top 10, maybe, but he's a businessman. Not as popular as athletes or singers. LeBron, Messi, Ronaldo, and Taylor Swift are known by almost every human on the planet. I wouldn’t say that about Elon Musk. Why does this offend you so much. Oh, wait, its LeBron, one of the enemies of your people, I forgot.
I never said Musk was popular. He is famous and you omitted him from your list of famous people.

What offends me is that you shoot your mouth off with inane comments to make some stupid point that no one cares about.

I never said Musk was popular. He is famous and you omitted him from your list of famous people.

What offends me is that you shoot your mouth off with inane comments to make some stupid point that no one cares about.

He's Top 10 famous. Not Top 5.

He's #1 in this list. Unlike you clowns, I have data that supports my claims.

32 most famous people

Lets use basic common sense here. Most humans live in the 3rd World. These people have no clue who Elon Musk is or Oprah or Mark Zuckerberg? Are you kidding me? Soccer is the most popular sport on Earth and Messi is arguably the greatest player ever. Most humans have heard of him. Jeff Bezos? Get real.

If the category was something like college-educated humans or even humans from developed countries than the businessmen would be near the top.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Lets use basic common sense here. Most humans live in the 3rd World. These people have no clue who Elon Musk is or Oprah or Mark Zuckerberg? Are you kidding me? Soccer is the most popular sport on Earth and Messi is arguably the greatest player ever. Most humans have heard of him. Jeff Bezos? Get real.

If the category was something like college-educated humans or even humans from developed countries than the businessmen would be near the top.
But all you have are your feelings. I provided a source unlike you.

You seem to have no clue what third-world people know. Unsurprising.

Was he doing that even for USC in P12/B1G? Do any current A10 teams aside from Dayton spend in the portal?
But it is possible, Duquesne's new coach is also LeBron's high school friend, so I can't see it not helping them at least short term.

Your source is as good as mine. A random list. Messi, Ronaldo, and LeBron are Top 5 without question. Basic common sense. Most people in the 3rd world have heard of these people.
Only in your distorted world view.

Only in your distorted world view.

Kylie Jenner more famous than LeBron? How many people in the 3rd world heard of her? 11? Start with the 3rd world and go from there. LeBron plays the 2nd most popular sport on Earth and is one of its greatest players ever. Many, many more people in Indonesia, Nigeria, Mongolia, etc have heard of LeBron than Kylie Jenner. Probably like a 50 to 1 margin. This is just common sense. Common sense.

Kylie Jenner more famous than LeBron? How many people in the 3rd world heard of her? 11? Start with the 3rd world and go from there. LeBron plays the 2nd most popular sport on Earth and is one of its greatest players ever. Many, many more people in Indonesia, Nigeria, Mongolia, etc have heard of LeBron than Kylie Jenner. Probably like a 50 to 1 margin. This is just common sense. Common sense.
Yet you have NOTHING to prove your point. The only links shown here actually disprove it.

I have basic human common sense. No one in the 3rd world has ever heard of Kylie Jenner or Kim Kardashian or Jeff Bezos.
Your "basic human common sense" fails the reality test.

It does pass the fantasy test.

Your "basic human common sense" fails the reality test.

It does pass the fantasy test.

Let me ask you this. Who is more popular in the 3rd world? Kylie Jenner or LeBron. Just use common sense and give me who you think.

Let me ask you this. Who is more popular in the 3rd world? Kylie Jenner or LeBron. Just use common sense and give me who you think.
Unlike you, I refuse to speculate. The proof is in the linked sources. It ain't LeBron.

Unlike you, I refuse to speculate. The proof is in the linked sources. It ain't LeBron.

You refuse to offer an opinion on a free message board? You are incapable of answering who you THINK is more popular in the 3rd world, LeBron or Kylie Jenner? Does this break a free message board cardinal rule of yours?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT