ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz Williams at Vir.Tech and Dan Hurley Rhode Island

Which is exactly the reason he left: He would be the only player of any substance on this team, and his production would be artificially limited as a result. He's chasing pro dreams and he needs to play on a team where he can't be triple teamed every night because everyone else sucks.

I'd be really interested in seeing the worst team records of any players drafted in recent years.
I thought he left because of Stallings, guess I was wrong.

Exactly, but Fsgolfdr doesn't get it at all.
Hey you guys are missing the point . I don’t blame him for not wanting to be here . Who in their right mind would choose Pitt over UNC . But he was here and his coaches plan was to build the offense around him . That same coach had two number picks not that long ago . The nba doesn’t care where you played your ball at ,they don’t care how many games your team won all they care about is how much talent and potential you have .
As a Pitt fan I feel he ran away from the pressure of being the man here and going to a conference opponent made it worse . If he wanted to leave go to TCU , if it wasn’t for JD taking a chance on him he’d have been playing his ball at Rice .

Hey you guys are missing the point . I don’t blame him for not wanting to be here . Who in their right mind would choose Pitt over UNC . But he was here and his coaches plan was to build the offense around him . That same coach had two number picks not that long ago . The nba doesn’t care where you played your ball at ,they don’t care how many games your team won all they care about is how much talent and potential you have .
As a Pitt fan I feel he ran away from the pressure of being the man here and going to a conference opponent made it worse . If he wanted to leave go to TCU , if it wasn’t for JD taking a chance on him he’d have been playing his ball at Rice .
Except he is a player whose entire NBA shot is predicated upon showing he can be a role player and excel in a couple areas that benefit an NBA team off the bench. At Pitt, he wouldn't get that opportunity because he would be expected to do everything, would be surrounded by trash, and would receive below average coaching. "Going to a conference opponent" made it tougher for you to swallow, but it doesn't reflect poorly on him, at all.

Except he is a player whose entire NBA shot is predicated upon showing he can be a role player and excel in a couple areas that benefit an NBA team off the bench. At Pitt, he wouldn't get that opportunity because he would be expected to do everything, would be surrounded by trash, and would receive below average coaching. "Going to a conference opponent" made it tougher for you to swallow, but it doesn't reflect poorly on him, at all.
The scouts aren’t all of a sudden going to discover him at UNC . They know everything they need to know about him . Plus he’ll be invited to the nba combine . They find guys all over the world they could’ve found him in Oakland .

The scouts aren’t all of a sudden going to discover him at UNC . They know everything they need to know about him . Plus he’ll be invited to the nba combine . They find guys all over the world they could’ve found him in Oakland .
Yeah, we have been over this and you don't understand the situation, at all. Not worth continuing it, again.

I thought he left because of Stallings, guess I was wrong.

I don't know anything about what Cam thought of Stallings as a coach. Even if Cam thought KS was a great coach and offensive genius, he wouldn't have stayed on an 0-18 team. This year would've been awful for his pro aspirations.

I don't know anything about what Cam thought of Stallings as a coach. Even if Cam thought KS was a great coach and offensive genius, he wouldn't have stayed on an 0-18 team. This year would've been awful for his pro aspirations.
And the team is going to be especially awful because Stallings gutted the roster and didn't bring in high quality players for 16 or 17. If he had, maybe Cam stays.

And the team is going to be especially awful because Stallings gutted the roster and didn't bring in high quality players for 16 or 17. If he had, maybe Cam stays.
You forgot one important point, you really have to have a roster before you can gut it, at least one with some small level of capability in order for ‘gutting’ to be applicable.

Reactions: gary2
You forgot one important point, you really have to have a roster before you can gut it, at least one with some small level of capability in order for ‘gutting’ to be applicable.
No, no I didn't. It was his 2nd year. He had a 2016 recruiting class he could shape, sign, and build his future roster. He signed 3 leftover recruits, added no one else, and then booted them all. He jettisoned other players on the roster, which were surely as good as what he signed for 2017 and lost his best recruit because of it.

Yeah, we have been over this and you don't understand the situation, at all. Not worth continuing it, again.
Your right anyone who goes to UNC all of a sudden becomes noticed by scouts . Put an NBA talent on Pitts roster and no one would notice !

ADVERTISEMENT