ADVERTISEMENT

C.J. Stroud

BFo8

Head Coach
Apr 2, 2013
Rookie or not that’s one of the best games I’ve ever seen a QB play. I thought he would be decent at this level but not nearly to this extent.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Rookie or not that’s one of the best games I’ve ever seen a QB play. I thought he would be decent at this level but not nearly to this extent.
I caught the end of the game and he was incredible.

Great kid with a great upbringing. I’m on the bandwagon.

Reactions: TD_6082
There were a couple of concerns with Stroud's game and he answered them for me with his performance against Georgia in the semifinals. He should've went No. 1 overall.

Kirk Herbstreet on Thursday laid it out for all the whiner fans and the anti-Pitt Pgh media (could have just said “Pgh media” I guess) …

Tomlin is a defense-first coach that does not want his offense and QB to be the ones who WIN the game … All the O is there to do is to not LOSE the game. It sounds eerily familiar doesn’t it?

The evidence proves it. On the Steelers, most of the money is regularly put into the defense. The defense has the best THREE players on the team…where else do you see that? On most teams, all the $tars are on O, and the D might have one marquee player.

This doesn’t excuse the occasional bad throws (and bad habits in the pocket) from Pickett; he has to reduce those. And in games where he makes a lot of them, he should be benched. Andif he doesn’t improve, bench him for GOOD and cut/trade his ass (once players Are gone from Pitt I love for them to succeed in the NFL, but I love my team to WIN much more; sane reason I grit my teeth and root for JPJ).

But it DOES excuse why the HC and owner are unconcerned with the bad offense and the fan/media bleats of outrage. Especially when the HC knows the owner will never, ever fire him.

Reactions: Pitt79 and Fk_Pitt
Kirk Herbstreet on Thursday laid it out for all the whiner fans and the anti-Pitt Pgh media (could have just said “Pgh media” I guess) …

Tomlin is a defense-first coach that does not want his offense and QB to be the ones who WIN the game … All the O is there to do is to not LOSE the game. It sounds eerily familiar doesn’t it?

The evidence proves it. On the Steelers, most of the money is regularly put into the defense. The defense has the best THREE players on the team…where else do you see that? On most teams, all the $tars are on O, and the D might have one marquee player.

This doesn’t excuse the occasional bad throws (and bad habits in the pocket) from Pickett; he has to reduce those. And in games where he makes a lot of them, he should be benched. Andif he doesn’t improve, bench him for GOOD and cut/trade his ass (once players Are gone from Pitt I love for them to succeed in the NFL, but I love my team to WIN much more; sane reason I grit my teeth and root for JPJ).

But it DOES excuse why the HC and owner are unconcerned with the bad offense and the fan/media bleats of outrage. Especially when the HC knows the owner will never, ever fire him.
Herbstreit had a weird agenda on Thursday. He was over the top in praising Matt Canada. Canada had a decent game plan but Herby was laying it on thick

I don't follow every Steelers or NFL transaction, and I'm not trying to second guess coaches or anything like that, but how did Josh Dobbs not secure a #2 spot in Pittsburgh?

I've saw him twice against the Cowboys (kids a Cowboy fan) and today against the Falcons, and he brings a lot to the table for a backup.

Addison is soooo smooth. Really wish he were in Black and Gold.

A rookie QB with a 14/1 TD to Int ratio is almost unheard of. To do so with what Stroud is working with is incredible.
Let’s not compare Pickett and stroud. With the numbers Stroud is putting up, maybe we should be comparing him to the elite QBs in the league. Did Burrow, Allen and Mahomes put up these kinds of numbers? I’d include Hurts too but Kenny has better numbers than Hurts did. He probably has better numbers than Allen too for that matter.

There were a couple of concerns with Stroud's game and he answered them for me with his performance against Georgia in the semifinals. He should've went No. 1 overall.
There are rumors that Frank Reich really preferred Stroud over Young and that David Tepper intervened and made them take Young.

Reactions: Burgh15
How do you defend Pickett’s 160 yds 1 TD performance against a rookie with 470 and 5 TDs?
When will this stop? Why aren't you comparing Stroud's performance vs Mahomes? Get over it, please. No matter what Pickett does people (like yourself) will be comparing Pickett to people. What about comparing how many 4th quarter comebacks Pickett has to Stroud?

Stroud has been extremely impressive at such a young age. It will be interesting to see how he finishes this season.

After watching him in-person at the Peach Bowl last year, he was my pick for QB1… thought Houston caught a huge break after Carolina took Bryce Young no. 1 overall. Such a good QB and he seems to be a good kid.

Reactions: 303vND
How do you defend Pickett’s 160 yds 1 TD performance against a rookie with 470 and 5 TDs?

I'd like JUST ONCE, to see him crack 300 yards and 3 TDs, in a game, they tell me stats don't matter, but I enjoy stats, and it's depressing seeing continual anemic stats week after week.

I'd like JUST ONCE, to see him crack 300 yards and 3 TDs, in a game, they tell me stats don't matter, but I enjoy stats, and it's depressing seeing continual anemic stats week after week.

He will, but with the Steelers offensive pace and amount of running, it's just not what they seem to be going for.

How did he have 10 yards on 0 carries?

Because there was a play that he handed the ball off that the running back lateraled the ball back to him and he ran for ten yards. I wasn't watching, so I don't know if it was an aborted flea flicker or something like that. But in any event, in that case the running back gets credit for a carry and the amount of yards he gained before he handed the ball off, and then the second player, in this case Stroud, gets credit for the yards that he gain but it doesn't count as a rushing attempt for him (because if you did you end up with two carries on one play).

Because there was a play that he handed the ball off that the running back lateraled the ball back to him and he ran for ten yards. I wasn't watching, so I don't know if it was an aborted flea flicker or something like that. But in any event, in that case the running back gets credit for a carry and the amount of yards he gained before he handed the ball off, and then the second player, in this case Stroud, gets credit for the yards that he gain but it doesn't count as a rushing attempt for him (because if you did you end up with two carries on one play).

I see. Thanks. I think it should be a carry.

Didnt see it but I was a huge Stroud/Levis/Young non-believer. I'll admit when I'm wrong but still too early.

Did not see this coming from his, especially with talent around him, but no doubt having an OC who was passing game coordinator under Shanahan (SF not JMU) helps. But still give him his due, having a great rookie year.

The owner also doesn't care about offense, beyond pounding the rock to slowly move the ball to rest the people he cares about, the D, and if they get a TD or a few FGs that's fine too, but their job is to play second fiddle to the D.

Did you enjoy Super Bowl XL?
Sure, I also enjoyed how Ben won the three playoff games to get there throwing the ball, I also loved the final drive of Super Bowl XLIII with Ben flinging it down the field to win the game, I also loved when Ben threw 6 TD passes in consecutive games, i also loved Ben's NFL record number of 500 yard passing game, I also loved when Tommy Maddox put on a furious and frenetic passing display to come from 24-7 down in the 3rd quarter to beat the Browns 36-33 in a playoff game, so there's a lot of different games that I enjoy. and yeah, I like to see some high scoring great big numbers QB performances from the guy on my team at least some of the time.

Sure, I also enjoyed how Ben won the three playoff games to get there throwing the ball, I also loved the final drive of Super Bowl XLIII with Ben flinging it down the field to win the game, I also loved when Ben threw 6 TD passes in consecutive games, i also loved Ben's NFL record number of 500 yard passing game, I also loved when Tommy Maddox put on a furious and frenetic passing display to come from 24-7 down in the 3rd quarter to beat the Browns 36-33 in a playoff game, so there's a lot of different games that I enjoy. and yeah, I like to see some high scoring great big numbers QB performances from the guy on my team at least some of the time.
Well, he threw it around at Denver. They kinda picked their spots for him to throw during the rest of that playoff run.

He came away from that whole Super run more lauded for his tackling than his skills as a passer.

Herbstreit had a weird agenda on Thursday. He was over the top in praising Matt Canada. Canada had a decent game plan but Herby was laying it on thick
He did, I agree. But he was laying out the whole Steelers philosophy at the start of the game before the play even started. The Defense is Priority 1, the Offense is there to kill clock. Many others have said this too of course, but are accused of being Pickett ball-washers.

Things are shaping up for Pitt and Steelers to be similar. Assuming things end the same for both. I’m (fairly) sure Cignetti and Canada will be let go. But will the philosophy change with either? Doubtful.

PSU definitely leads the nation in rape. Cant take that away from them. Rape U
It’s fair game to be critical of Pickett. But the agenda is posters like these are absurdly obvious. Just throwing the facts of their atrocities in their face since everybody else is afraid to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT