ADVERTISEMENT

cal at pittsburgh 2024 football battle

from a cal perspective: any travel/gameday recommendations?...excited to experience the pittsburgh roadtrip

Thrilled Cal & Stanford are joining the league. I was pounding the table for you both even before Oregon & Washington left the PAC. Looking forward to heading out to Berkeley and Palo Alto in the next couple years.

If you end up out here for the weekend. Get ya some pregame breakfast at Pamela's. Then head over to Pitt's campus to check out the jewel of our campus, the Cathedral of Learning. After the game, head over to Fathead's to wind down.

On Sunday, take the rental out to Fallingwater, an hour and change outside of the city. As you're passing back through the city on the way back to the airport, hop a ride on the Duquesne Incline for one last look at the city before the flight back to Scottsdale!

ntop, ucla's colors are a lighter shade of blue

pitt & cal along with west virginia seem to have darker blues & gold (which for us has become more electric yellow over time)

the stanford/cal rivalry to be honest with you is very cordial, the fans of both schools are very respectful to one another at the big game

the pac 12 rival cal hated wuz usc, now florida state is gonna take that slot...can't wait for our roadtrip to tallahassee this fall!

Most of their students are Asian. Problem just bow pleasantly!! And I think UCLA tried a darker blue once .

gonna probably be in town flying in from scottsdale thursday & then flying out sunday afternoon

cal fb wuz done forever due to incompetence of our athletic director & the then pac 12 commish but luckily we drafted into the acc on the coattails of stanford's condoleezza rice & notre dame's athletic director jack swarbrick so we kinda feel like a rescue doggy that got a 2nd chance in life

to be honest with u, as a diehard bears fans that goes to all the games i wuz kinda done with all the pac 12 roadtrips, very excited to visit pittsburgh, winston-salem, dallas & our new arch rivals in tallahassee...florida state is NOT very likable, right?

when you visit berkeley or palo alto, you will find yourself in beautiful stadiums with tens of thousands of open seats so u can move around & friendly fanbases...and great dining of course in san francisco with potential side trips to napa's wine country or the monterrey peninsula for golf if that's ur deal

cal had to give up a significant portion of media revenues for multiple years to get the invitation

how's former cal offensive lineman jackson brown (dad a standout at pitt & later the nfl) doing, has he cracked the 2 deep?
Correct, FSU is not likeable at all.

Reactions: shocky5
from a cal perspective: any travel/gameday recommendations?...excited to experience the pittsburgh roadtrip
You and your crew are more than welcome to join our tailgate in Red 7a. We will make it as easy on you as possible. You don't have to bring anything except an appetite and thirst.

Does the Gateway Clipper run a boat from Station Square to the stadium on game day?

Does the Gateway Clipper run a boat from Station Square to the stadium on game day?
Yes.
Screenshot-20240228-144948-Firefox.jpg

Reactions: PITT 76
The last time I stayed in Pittsburgh it was at the Sheraton Hotel in Station Square. Lots to do there and they still have the boat to the stadium. There's also a subway station right across the street, as well as the incline.

I've always liked Southside. It's something to consider.

Station Square is a pretty neat place. Places to eat and drink, and the fountains are cool. I haven't been there for years, but I enjoyed staying there and using it as my base to see the rest of Pittsburgh.

sean (used to call him the donut boy of tuscon), why r the iconic restaurants gone?...agreed that staying near campus would give the best visitor experience, exit 5 would be like staying anywhere in the usa with an applebees on the corner

honestly if the acc didn't offer (at vastly reduced revenue flows for years, smu is actually getting zero revenues) both cal & stanford wuz done...my bears would've been relegated to the mountain west conference against mid majors & the fans/donors would've quickly disappeared

the 2024 acc season kinda feels like a 2nd lease on life & the FUN roadtrips like pitt r gonna be lifelong memories

and yeah we all hate florida state, rite?
I always wanted to see a Cal/Stanford game with my late brother but only in Berkeley. He passed early so 1st game Pitt plays there, I’m going!

Thrilled Cal & Stanford are joining the league. I was pounding the table for you both even before Oregon & Washington left the PAC. Looking forward to heading out to Berkeley and Palo Alto in the next couple years.

If you end up out here for the weekend. Get ya some pregame breakfast at Pamela's. Then head over to Pitt's campus to check out the jewel of our campus, the Cathedral of Learning. After the game, head over to Fathead's to wind down.

On Sunday, take the rental out to Fallingwater, an hour and change outside of the city. As you're passing back through the city on the way back to the airport, hop a ride on the Duquesne Incline for one last look at the city before the flight back to Scottsdale!
You must schedule/book your visits to Fallingwater well in advance.

Reactions: shocky5 and Ray-Ray
appreciate the bookings heads up on fallingwater, living in north scottsdale there's a frank lloyd wright school talesin west with guided tours...the tour guide last time hinted that frank might've been "very friendly" with the female students

kinda sounds like the head coaches at some sec schools or something

appreciate the bookings heads up on fallingwater, living in north scottsdale there's a frank lloyd wright school talesin west with guided tours...the tour guide last time hinted that frank might've been "very friendly" with the female students

kinda sounds like the head coaches at some sec schools or something
If you are going to Fallingwater, might as well make a day of it and go to Kentuck Knob and Polymath Park. You can actually stay at houses in Polymath Park. Kentucky Knob is a FLW design. Two of the houses at Polymath Park are FLW designs and two are designed by Peter Berndtson who was a FLW student. Six houses within 20 miles of each other.

Reactions: shocky5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT