ADVERTISEMENT

Capel presser today @ 2:30

What more can you promise any recruit other than an opportunity to play and improve your game to potentially fulfill your dream of playing professionally ? Oh of course I’m sure the academic considerations were also very important to them .

X and Trey haven’t improved and have no chance of having an NBA career and Trey has had an opportunity at two schools now . Toney has improved, but likewise will never be an NBA player . All three will find some minor overseas team to play for , but I doubt that is very satisfying for them . That’s not on JC or his staffs , those guys simply aren’t talented enough .

How could any rational thinking person believe that going to a program with the worst D1 roster in the country would result in playing for a winning program in a yr or two . In fact you needn’t look much further than at both X and Trey for not improving one lick for Pitts failure to achieve that goal .

You constantly say the past performance of a team has nothing to do with recruiting , but your wrong . Everyone wants to win and choosing between a winning and losing program is a no brainer . Losing wears everyone out .
So when he was recruiting them, he said you guys aren’t very talented, we’re never gonna win and I can’t get you to the NBA. I’m also confused how them getting better ISNT on the staff. You do realize what basketball coaches are paid to do right?

What you have just poster is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: Pitt Nightmare
You had me up until you said the timeline doesn’t matter as long as he pulls a top 25-39 class.

You matter-of-fact wrote that as if there’s a reasonable possibility of that occurring??

im not sold on capel being a great in game coach, but the 2020 class was one of the best we’ve ever had. There’s no question he can recruit and I’m not gonna doubt his recruiting ability because there’s panic outside of the program about the timeline.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Let's face it....the days of guys staying with one program for more than a year or 2 are gone. Guys staying with a program throughout their whole careers is a thing of the past. Our players decide to transfer, so Capel has to aggressively go after other teams' guys who also enter the transfer portal. We know it's only for a year or 2, so what's the difference?

So when he was recruiting them, he said you guys aren’t very talented, we’re never gonna win and I can’t get you to the NBA. I’m also confused how them getting better ISNT on the staff. You do realize what basketball coaches are paid to do right?

What you have just poster is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
A coach instructs you on how to get better , the work you put in is what makes you better not the coach . If it was simply all on the coach then every student of Butch Harmon would be on the pro tour !

You are without a doubt the most obnoxious poster on this board thinking that you know everything and every one of your posts just recks of some hatred for JC , his staff ,players , Heather and other posters who have the nerve to call your constant shit out . For the life of me I can’t understand how you get any enjoyment out of Pitt bb . JD is gone it’s not JC fault , it’s not Heathers fault or the current players fault .Go follow TCU .

Last edited:
Reactions: TWPitt
A coach instructs you on how to get better , the work you put in is what makes you better not the coach . If it was simply all on the coach then every student of Butch Harmon would be on the pro tour !

You are without a doubt the most obnoxious poster on this board thinking that you know everything and every one of your posts just recks of some hatred for JC , his staff ,players , Heather and other posters who have the nerve to call your constant shit out . For the life of me I can’t understand how you get any enjoyment out of Pitt bb . JD is gone it’s not JC fault , it’s not Heathers fault or the current players fault .Go follow TCU .
You’re right, Pitt basketball has given me little enjoyment since Jamie Dixon left. The first time you’ve been right on this website. Congrats!

You’re right, Pitt basketball has given me little enjoyment since Jamie Dixon left. The first time you’ve been right on this website. Congrats!

Let's be straight here (not referring to the "sexual identity" nonsense). Pitt basketball has given Pitt fans very little enjoyment since Dixon left. That is just a fact. There have been a few highlights that can be counted on one hand, but that's it. Whose fault is that? In the end, the blame is entirely on the head coaches and the staffs we've had since JD left. Nothing controversial or even opinionated about that. Unless you're trying to live in delusion and believe we're a better program since JD left.

As I read this, it dawns on me how much fun it would be to go to one of the old taverns my grand-dad used to frequent and sit with y'all at the big ole table on the far side of the pool table, in the back, and buy pitchers and listen to you discuss Pitt Basketball.....oh the good old days

im not sold on capel being a great in game coach, but the 2020 class was one of the best we’ve ever had. There’s no question he can recruit and I’m not gonna doubt his recruiting ability because there’s panic outside of the program about the timeline.

Femi - solid as a FR but time will tell how good he can be

Jeffress - getting pulled for Drumgoole

Collier - not good enough to play for one of the worst teams in the ACC

Amadusun- will never play here

Hugley - gone

That's actually a bad class, not "one of the best we've ever had." The Stallings class that brought in Carr and Stewart was better

Hugley - gone

That's actually a bad class, not "one of the best we've ever had." The Stallings class that brought in Carr and Stewart was better

This was Jeffress best game, by far, on the defensive end of the floor.

Jericole Hellems is State's top score and was 5-13 shooting today. Considering Will's mistakes earlier this year on defense, he took a pretty significant step moving forward on defense as a 17 year old kid.

Ill also point out AKC didnt practice all week because he was sick and they thought it was covid.

Reactions: CougarClaws

Hugley - gone

Jeffress reinserted and played good defense after getting coached up on the weak contest foul

collier has athletic ability which gives him a foundation to build on .

max was always a project so don’t be an idiot

Jeffress reinserted and played good defense after getting coached up on the weak contest foul

collier has athletic ability which gives him a foundation to build on .

max was always a project so don’t be an idiot

No Pitt player has ever played less as a freshman than Collier and ended up having a good career so that's scary considering what a bad team Collier can't even crack the lineup on

Ashton Gibbs averaged 4 points and less than 1 rebound and assist per game as a freshman.

Before he got hurt and redshirted, Lamar Patterson played 10 games and averaged 2.3 points and 1.2 rebounds per game.

Curtis Aiken averaged 3.6 points and 1.9 assists per game.

Ike Hawkins averaged 2.5 points and 2.5 rebounds per game.

After redshirting a year, Talib Zanna averaged 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game as a redshirt freshman.

Aaron Gray averaged 1.7 points and 1.5 rebounds per game as a freshman.

Trey Woodall played 10 games before he got hurt and redshirted and he averaged 1.7 points and 1.7 assists per game as a freshman.

Brad Wanamaker averaged 2.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game as a freshman.

And those are just guys who ended up scoring over 1000 points in their careers.

Ashton Gibbs averaged 4 points and less than 1 rebound and assist per game as a freshman.

Before he got hurt and redshirted, Lamar Patterson played 10 games and averaged 2.3 points and 1.2 rebounds per game.

After redshirting a year, Talib Zanna averaged 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game as a redshirt freshman.

Trey Woodall played 10 games before he got hurt and redshirted and he averaged 1.7 points and 1.7 assists per game as a freshman.

Brad Wanamaker averaged 2.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game as a freshman.

And there you go once again using FACTS. Don’t you know you are supposed to go half cocked with outlandish opinions to prove you are right.

Reactions: TWPitt

Well done. We won’t be seeing SMF in this thread anymore. He only comes back around for victory laps on his 1 out of every 100 predictions that come true.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
This was Jeffress best game, by far, on the defensive end of the floor.

Jericole Hellems is State's top score and was 5-13 shooting today. Considering Will's mistakes earlier this year on defense, he took a pretty significant step moving forward on defense as a 17 year old kid.

Ill also point out AKC didnt practice all week because he was sick and they thought it was covid.

Jeffress defense on Hellems. Much, MUCH better job on defense by Jeffress. Earlier this year he was failing to close on shooters and was getting burned from 3 and was benched because of it. In this one single game, it looks like Jeffress reading the "play" has slowed down for him. Very nice effort by him and it continues to close the season.

This is major improvement from earlier this year.

Well done. We won’t be seeing SMF in this thread anymore. He only comes back around for victory laps on his 1 out of every 100 predictions that come true.

LOL. Not well done. Name me one of those guys who played as much or LESS than Collier which is what I actually said. All those guys were regular rotation players on really really good teams. Collier cant sniff the court on a really really bad team.

All those guys were regular rotation players on really really good teams.

Those guys most certainly were NOT all regular rotation guys, and some of those teams weren't really all that good. I mean Curtis Aiken's freshman year was on a team that went 6-10 in the Big East. Were they "really really good"?

And what about the guys who redshirted? For instance at this point in Talib Zanna's freshman season he had played one game for a grand total of three minutes. He had zero points, zero rebounds and zero assists. In fact his whole statistical line was zeros, except for the one foul that he committed. Is that better or worse than Collier?

And as I said, that was only a list of guys who ended up scoring more than 1000 points in their careers. If you don't think that there were guys who didn't score 1000 points but who became good contributors after doing little or nothing as a freshman then one thing is for certain. You not only don't know basketball, you don't even know Pitt basketball.

On a. Scale of 1-10 how would you rate Curtis Aiken as a player, taking into account his complete game and impact on games?

If he was a starter on you team would you be quite satisfied or attempt to recruit over him?

Did his career live up to the hype on his recruitment?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT