ADVERTISEMENT

Carrington mocked #4 overall

Seems like the Bub Hype Train is really picking up steam. Sam Vecenie mocked him at 24 the other day and the other guy on his podcast said if he shows out against Florida and whoever they play after that he could jump into the top 20 or top 15.

I just hope this kid doesn't turn into another Xavier and gets ruined by the hype.

Just let the kid be and stop hyping them up with silly and way too soon mock drafts

It wasn’t the hype that ruined XJ. There wasn’t a whole lot to ruin…Compared to Parker Stewart and company he looked good, but Bub already has a stronger stat line versus same opponent and I don’t recall XJ ever hitting so many threes in a game.
Too much hype gives kids an inflated ego lots of time.

Seems like the Bub Hype Train is really picking up steam. Sam Vecenie mocked him at 24 the other day and the other guy on his podcast said if he shows out against Florida and whoever they play after that he could jump into the top 20 or top 15.

Just turned 18 in July. Younger than many current HS seniors. 6'5, can shoot, athletic, handle. I wouldn’t plan on witnessing Carrington Year 2.

Reactions: TreesHero
Just turned 18 in July. Younger than many current HS seniors. 6'5, can shoot, athletic, handle. I wouldn’t plan on witnessing Carrington Year 2.

Maybe that’s a reason to stay year 2. Develop a little more…become a legend here…have a chance to be top 5 - still only be 19 when drafted.

Maybe that’s a reason to stay year 2. Develop a little more…become a legend here…have a chance to be top 5 - still only be 19 when drafted.

I want him to stay because I'm a Pitt fan but his age is a huge benefit to his draft status. Some of these frosh were held back a year or prepped a year and are 20ish on draft day. Carrington will be 18. They are essentially drafting a kid who could have been a HS senior but who showed out in major D1 basketball. NBA teams eat that up. Its increasingly looking like he's gone but we have a year to plan for that and this is a good thing. If we have a 1st Round guard + a borderline NBA guy in Hinson + a good college guard in Leggett + a good enough post presence, we can be really really good.

Yeah but it’s not football. Career altering injuries are exceedingly rare for 19 years old basketball players

If its a pretty safe bet you can go Round 1, you go. If its dicey on whether or not you can go Round 1, you have to see if your school can pay you 2nd Round money to stay. If you are a sure 2nd rounder, you should get 2nd Round money from your school and stay. Like Judah Mintz. One of the reasons Jesse Edwards left is they paid Mintz and not him.

If its a pretty safe bet you can go Round 1, you go. If its dicey on whether or not you can go Round 1, you have to see if your school can pay you 2nd Round money to stay. If you are a sure 2nd rounder, you should get 2nd Round money from your school and stay. Like Judah Mintz. One of the reasons Jesse Edwards left is they paid Mintz and not him.
Ok so if Carrington needs to be “paid” to return for his Soph season, is Pitt adequately set up for this?

Ok so if Carrington needs to be “paid” to return for his Soph season, is Pitt adequately set up for this?
I mean, if he's a first round pick then Pitt's going to need to pay him $3M+ to even make him think about it.

Assume Carrington is gone after at least a sweet 16 run. I’ll take that. Then hope Lowe, Cummings, Kante, and a transfer or two can sustain the momentum of losing Hinson and Bub. Also while not ideal, it’s something he can sell to Maleek. You can be a lottery pick at Pitt.

Last edited:
Assume Carrington is gone after at least a sweet 16 run. I’ll take that. Then hope Lowe, Cummings, Kante, and a transfer or two can sustain the momentum of losing Hinson and Bub. Also while not ideal, it’s something he can sell to Maleek. You can be a lottery pick at Pitt.
My hope is that the twins take a big step and start to play to their potential next year. Their 2 man game could be unstoppable if they both put it together. next year is looking solid right now with lowe cummings and leggett at the g will austin amdy barnes and jdg at wing and kante fede and gdg at the 5. With 2 ships open, and capels ability to identify impact transfers, their should be a good amount of excitement moving forward, especially if we are able to have another tournament season

If he is projected 2nd Round and Alliance 412 cannot pay him $500K, they should close up shop. We cannot compete with the 1st Round though nor should we really even try.

If he is projected 2nd Round and Alliance 412 cannot pay him $500K, they should close up shop. We cannot compete with the 1st Round though nor should we really even try.
Even second round though he may declare. JC supported JC declaring and that was no guarantee. We will know in 13.5 hrs if he is staying or going.

Even second round though he may declare. JC supported JC declaring and that was no guarantee. We will know in 13.5 hrs if he is staying or going.

There wasnt NIL for Champagnie. If a college team can match 2nd Round money, that player should seriously consider staying in school

He can be a lottery pick at Duquesne too.

OP has 11 posts , his alter ego was ashamed to post this dumb topic after 4 games against the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Don't know why anyone responds to these dumb conversations.

My hope is that the twins take a big step and start to play to their potential next year. Their 2 man game could be unstoppable if they both put it together. next year is looking solid right now with lowe cummings and leggett at the g will austin amdy barnes and jdg at wing and kante fede and gdg at the 5. With 2 ships open, and capels ability to identify impact transfers, their should be a good amount of excitement moving forward, especially if we are able to have another tournament season
Do you think the Twins can eventually get on the court enough at the same time, and develop enough, to create a Tanner and Jacob Groves EWU situation?

I mean, if he's a first round pick then Pitt's going to need to pay him $3M+ to even make him think about it.

If you are good enough to be a first round pick you have to think that you are good enough to get a second contract. And second contracts are where the really big money is, and where you want to get to as fast as possible. Even if a college will pay you $3 million that isn't nearly enough for a smart player (or a player with smart advisors) to decide to stay.

Do you think the Twins can eventually get on the court enough at the same time, and develop enough, to create a Tanner and Jacob Groves EWU situation?
To me, the big issue is fede. At the moment for next season the starts seem like lowe and leggett with austin jeffress and jdg battling for the 3 and 4. Fede and kante both could keep gdg as the backup. With hinson and bub both gone next year, gdg could take the starting job because of his offensive prowess

To me, the big issue is fede. At the moment for next season the starts seem like lowe and leggett with austin jeffress and jdg battling for the 3 and 4. Fede and kante both could keep gdg as the backup. With hinson and bub both gone next year, gdg could take the starting job because of his offensive prowess
If Fede and Kante were to split time at the 5, that might be great. Nothing better than 2 centers who can go 20 minutes each. As for G, I've been wondering how he'd fare at the 4. I really don't know but it's something I thought about.

No. That's absurd.
He is already high in two mocks after playing cupcakes. If he dominates tonight against the gators, the other mocks will catch up. We will know shortly if he is the real deal. XJ was never mocked a few games into the season or ever highly by anyone outside of Pitt fans.

OP has 11 posts , his alter ego was ashamed to post this dumb topic after 4 games against the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Don't know why anyone responds to these dumb conversations.
4 and a half games......... what does the OP think now ?

So far based on first half he will be back next year.
Just patently wrong. Still 6’5 still has 7 pts 4 ast 3 rebs and only 1 to. Shots havent been falling, but any scout will be able to see the officials are letting way too much contact go

Just patently wrong. Still 6’5 still has 7 pts 4 ast 3 rebs and only 1 to. Shots havent been falling, but any scout will be able to see the officials are letting way too much contact go
They will also see him end of game making careless drives and not taking the clutch shots. He is good. But has to do a lot between now and end of year. Looks more boy than man vs the gators.

Carlton is a smooth player. He doesn't look nearly as smooth against heavy ball pressure as we found out tonight. I expect him to learn from it and get better. For now, I would pump the breaks on him being a first round NBA draft pick, let alone a top 5 guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT