ADVERTISEMENT

CBI Semis on ESPN2 tonight. Who you got?

Not familiar with HPU but why so nice? All that furniture money???
I could be wrong but the President of the school who they named the arena after, had a vision and transformed the school. Oddly you mentioned Cal U and there was a time that they had a vision there too. I remember seeing models of monorails and all kinds of stuff for Cal U. Then they ran out of money.

But at High Point, there was a vision to make it a Disney world resort for students and that’s what they did. They even brought in imagineers. The place is like a fairy tale.

Watching Cincy and Ind St off and on and can’t help but wonder if anyone at Pitt regrets not playing the NIT. I get it’s not what it once was but as someone who only wishes he could have played hoops at a high level I’d have wanted to play until I fell over.

Whoa. That is nice.
I’ve probably been there a dozen times through the years. I had 2 kids recruited by them. Both kids fell in love with the place, but who wouldn’t? But for all the money the school has, or maybe it’s all debt, the various athletic programs aren’t fully funded. So I think they depend on getting kids to campus, have them fall in love with the place, offer a few thousand dollars and then have mom and Dad go into debt paying the tuition/room and board. We weren’t going to do that just for all those bells and whistles. Over the last ten years I’ve known a girl from Mt Lebo and a girl from North Allegheny who went there and probably hundreds from around here would have loved to go there.

But first time there we arrived at night around the holidays. The whole campus was lit up with Christmas lights and all the water fountains and pools around campus are always lit up throughout the year. And then the soccer/lacrosse stadium and baseball stadium has white porch rockers lined up on the terraces above the seats so you can sit, rock, and sip lemonade or tea like they do in the south while watching a game. And all the bathroom, locker room, ticket windows and concession areas are granite topped.

Watching Cincy and Ind St off and on and can’t help but wonder if anyone at Pitt regrets not playing the NIT. I get it’s not what it once was but as someone who only wishes he could have played hoops at a high level I’d have wanted to play until I fell over.
I agree.And it was a year we could have actually won it.That could have been us vs. Cin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT