ADVERTISEMENT

CELL PHONES

Jul 19, 2022
Not as good as dialup (my opinion). Miss when you didnt need the area code also. Cell phones have killed more then Alexander the Great. Should they still be allowed? I can't tell you that. Should you be able t9 have them when driving? Not in my opinion. We need free payphones on the shoulder of all roads if emergency. And then the top of your car should light up if using a cell phone inside. Immediately you are fined.

Reactions: FireballZ
LOL.
But you do have a point. We see people when crimes or mishaps happen, they are too busy being a cub reporter and running to post on You Tube or Tik Tok instead of intervening and helping. Especially with young kids. In fact, these same social media sites implore kids to commit such acts and post on social media via cellphone cameras.

The people killing asteroid cannot arrive soon enough.

I took my son a few weeks to a concert geared more towards the youtube generation and everyone and I mean everyone had their phones out for the entire show. I actually to a degree appreciate bands like tool that kick people out.

As a complete aside I have had no issues with service with my phone since 2020. I think the 5G injected in my blood from the George soros/Bill gates covid vaccine has really helped in this regard. I think at this point I am basically a hot spot.

Reactions: mike412 and cbpitt2
Not as good as dialup (my opinion). Miss when you didnt need the area code also. Cell phones have killed more then Alexander the Great. Should they still be allowed? I can't tell you that. Should you be able t9 have them when driving? Not in my opinion. We need free payphones on the shoulder of all roads if emergency. And then the top of your car should light up if using a cell phone inside. Immediately you are fined.

Every car should have a landline

LOL.
But you do have a point. We see people when crimes or mishaps happen, they are too busy being a cub reporter and running to post on You Tube or Tik Tok instead of intervening and helping. Especially with young kids. In fact, these same social media sites implore kids to commit such acts and post on social media via cellphone cameras.

The people killing asteroid cannot arrive soon enough.
9 of 10 times, it’s looking for the Gotcha situation. But sometimes those need to be exposed.

Cell phones like dinner plates are inanimate objects unable to kill anyone...

You're trying too hard. Take a break.

I think we need to eliminate money and go back to the days of bartering chickens for services.

Cell phones like dinner plates are inanimate objects unable to kill anyone...
Unless your cell phone battery ignites while the cell phone is in your pocket and you’re wearing silk. 🤔

With stupid people driving cars, I think there should be an automatic cell phone killer that disables the cell phone every time you bring a cell phone into a running car. I know we sometimes use the cell phone for the GPS while driving. Then have it wirelessly linked to your display if you have a car that has one. If not, then use Mapquest.

I had a personal experience of a girl running into the back end of my car at 45 mph while my car was stationary. She was on her cell phone when it happened. My wife had a similar experience with a woman running into her back end while she was on her cell phone. Twice. Cell phones should be disabled when in a running car.

Reactions: Tucker99
I think we need to eliminate money and go back to the days of bartering chickens for services.
have Chick-Fila handle the distribution. Wouldn't it be great if SMF's Tesla had a battery death in one of their stacks!! Pushing that extra 1000 lbs would be a chore.

Last edited:
With stupid people driving cars, I think there should be an automatic cell phone killer that disables the cell phone every time you bring a cell phone into a running car. I know we sometimes use the cell phone for the GPS while driving. Then have it wirelessly linked to your display if you have a car that has one. If not, then use Mapquest.

I had a personal experience of a girl running into the back end of my car at 45 mph while my car was stationary. She was on her cell phone when it happened. My wife had a similar experience with a woman running into her back end while she was on her cell phone. Twice. Cell phones should be disabled when in a running car.
Back end run in’s have been common in State College since well before cell phones. In fact they probably still don’t have cell towers in those sticks.

• Haha
Reactions: Pittguy93

Maybe you guys should reconsider your MAGA novelty plates if you want young, university-attending females to stop treating them like a bullseye.

Reactions: mike412
The thing that absolutely pisses me off is people walking around with their heads down diddling their phones. Particularly pedestrians walking into traffic.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Every car should have a landline
mobile_phones_history%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Reactions: ratking17
The thing that absolutely pisses me off is people walking around with their heads down diddling their phones. Particularly pedestrians walking into traffic.

It's absolutely shocking how many people I walk past on the sidewalks who have absolutely no idea I'm even there until there very last second (and some probably never knew they passed me). Like I see them coming 50 yards away, and they are so absorbed in their phones that they don't notice a dude with a Pitbull in one hand and a German Shepherd in the other. It really irritates me, because I'm constantly having to Frogger my way around them. Literally just happened again this morning - someone was walking in the middle of the sidewalk, face buried in the cell phone like they were auditioning to be a modern-day Struwwelpeter cautionary tale. I had to go onto the road with two dogs for the swerve and avoid.

The kicker is that it isn't just young people. This happens with middle-aged people, too.

It's absolutely shocking how many people I walk past on the sidewalks who have absolutely no idea I'm even there until there very last second (and some probably never knew they passed me). Like I see them coming 50 yards away, and they are so absorbed in their phones that they don't notice a dude with a Pitbull in one hand and a German Shepherd in the other. It really irritates me, because I'm constantly having to Frogger my way around them. Literally just happened again this morning - someone was walking in the middle of the sidewalk, face buried in the cell phone like they were auditioning to be a modern-day Struwwelpeter cautionary tale. I had to go onto the road with two dogs for the swerve and avoid.

The kicker is that it isn't just young people. This happens with middle-aged people, too.
I don't take any calls while driving, even Bluetooth. When I retire I'll get a burner.

I don't take any calls while driving, even Bluetooth. When I retire I'll get a burner.
That’s wise. I can’t say the same, but it is def the practice I should follow as well. Even with the phone integrated through the infotainment system of the car, you still really aren’t concentrating enough on driving, particularly if the call is engaging at all. There are times I have had calls en route to somewhere and I’ll suddenly find myself AT the destination while still on the call, and surprised that I recall nothing of getting there.

Last edited:
While we are on the topic of communication: 👇

My wife and I learned to do that. People can't figure out why she and I are the only two laughing when stuck at a boring event.

Try it for yourselves! 👍

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
You're famous!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT