ADVERTISEMENT

Central Florida- how good are they?

panther.fan

Redshirt
Dec 4, 2016
I have really enjoyed watching Central Florida play the few times I have seen them. Most likely they will be undefeated this year, but I heard they had the 90th strongest strength of schedule. They are returning a good qb, but most likely will lose their coach to Nebraska. How do people see the pitt game going down against them next year? A close winnable game? Will we be an underdog (7 points or more?)

In 4:07, we will find out if they are good enough to win their conference. It might even take more time than the 4+ minutes.

I have really enjoyed watching Central Florida play the few times I have seen them. Most likely they will be undefeated this year, but I heard they had the 90th strongest strength of schedule. They are returning a good qb, but most likely will lose their coach to Nebraska. How do people see the pitt game going down against them next year? A close winnable game? Will we be an underdog (7 points or more?)
I don't know how many seniors they lose but their coach is now gone to Nebraska.

Without Frost Pitt should be able to handle them, especially if they miss tackles like they did today.

Reactions: Chad40301
Hard to tell how good they are against top flight teams because of the schedule they play. That said, they can score points in bunches. Their QB is very good. Good arm and can run. He will give any defense fits. They also have some pretty good receivers. Pitt is going to have to score a lot to beat them IMO.

Cruzer

Reactions: Pittparade
Many on here thought he was taking the florida job. Nebraska has been a done deal for awhile now. 7 years @5M per.

I was told MULTIPLE times in a previous thread that it’s a guaranteed L for Pitt next year.

Many on here thought he was taking the florida job. Nebraska has been a done deal for awhile now. 7 years @5M per.

I think he’s making a mistake, should’ve taken the Florida job.

Nebraska fans similar to Tennessee fans with their way overblown opinion of their program. They have no idea how lucky they are that Frost has that kind of loyalty, without him I doubt they could’ve enticed a big name guy to go to Lincoln.

I was told MULTIPLE times in a previous thread that it’s a guaranteed L for Pitt next year.

Nothings a guaranteed loss, talent on the field will be relatively similar. I would expect UCF to open up a slight favorite, probably 3 or so.

We have to play them there, while we're in the midst of a very difficult OC schedule.
They also will be up for an ACC opponent. I doubt it will be easy for us.

Frost is from the state of Nebraska
Frost was a star QB at Nebraska
Frost is the last QB to lead Nebraska to a NC
Frost is going home
Frost is getting excellent money to go home for a guy who has coached for 2 years. He's not taking a discount to go home.

Your under the assumption he had a Florida offer in hand. Neither of us know the answer to that question. Either way, I don't fault him for going home.

I think he’s making a mistake, should’ve taken the Florida job.

Nebraska fans similar to Tennessee fans with their way overblown opinion of their program. They have no idea how lucky they are that Frost has that kind of loyalty, without him I doubt they could’ve enticed a big name guy to go to Lincoln.

Frost is from the state of Nebraska
Frost was a star QB at Nebraska
Frost is the last QB to lead Nebraska to a NC
Frost is going home
Frost is getting excellent money to go home for a guy who has coached for 2 years. He's not taking a discount to go home.

Your under the assumption he had a Florida offer in hand. Neither of us know the answer to that question. Either way, I don't fault him for going home.

I still think he made the wrong choice, his value will probably never be higher than it is right now.

As to whether or not he had a Florida offer, some of the verbiage made it sound like he did. It certainly seemed like Mullen was a fallback choice when Kelly and Frost said no.

Part of my criticism of his decision is that in my opinion Nebraska is essentially done as an upper level program and nothing Scott Frost does is going to change that.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That was before we had a quarterback though. Next September, Pitt is going to be very happy that Pickett played in some legitimate games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT