ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 WPIAL Football Players For 2024

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010
Quinton Martin - Belle Vernon - 6-3, 205, running back

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida State, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin

Note: Quinton has a team of advisors… No chance for Pitt

Anthony Speca - Central Catholic - 6-3, 220, inside linebacker

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Nebraska, LSU. Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin.

Note: Has shown some interest in Pitt. Likely going elsewhere…For now…. Pitt will be fall back plan….

Cameron Lindsey – Aliquippa - 6-3, 203 - outside linebacker

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Maryland, and Syracuse.

Note: Pitt has a good chance

Ryan Cory - Pine-Richland - 6-4, 290, offensive line

3 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville and Oregon.

Peter Gonzalez - Central Catholic - 6-3, 200, wide receiver

3 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Note: Pitt has a good chance. However, he is a legacy. Pitt has not done well in this department

Pitt has a good chance of landing 3 out of the 5 kids listed. Outside chance with Speca. Little chance with Martin...

Last edited:
Reactions: columbus mike

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida State, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Nebraska, LSU. Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia Akron, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin.

Note: Has shown some interest in Pitt. Likely going elsewhere…For now…. Pitt will be fall back plan….

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Maryland, and Syracuse.

3 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville and Oregon.

3 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Note: Pitt has a good chance. However, he is a legacy. Pitt has not done well in this department

Pitt has a good chance of landing 3 out of the 5 kids listed. Outside chance with Speca. Little chance with Martin...

No chance we land a Pitt legacy.

Martin: 50%

Speca: 0%

Lindsey: 75%

Cory: 0%

Gonzalez: 0%

Martin 0%

Speca 25%

Lindsey 10% (his dad is already fielding offers for him on social media)

Cory No idea... Does having Phil help?

Gonzalez 75%

Martin 0

Speca 30

Lindsey- 25 percent out of high school. 100 percent out of transfer portal in 2 years.

Cory- 60

Gonzalez-50

All 5 will go elsewhere. 3 will come back after getting no playing time elsewhere, 1 will go pro after sophomore year, 1 will bust.

Pitt has to outbid everyone for Martin since he's a big time local just as WVU did with Gallagher. He means more to Pitt than Alabama or Ohio State

Pitt has to outbid everyone for Martin since he's a big time local just as WVU did with Gallagher. He means more to Pitt than Alabama or Ohio State
There are some rumors Martin could be going to IMG Academy. If you look at it, he delivered the State Champ to Belle Vernon, what else does he have to play for? It would likely help him who is another one of these "tweeners" in position like we have seen with others notably Derrick Davis.

Pitt won’t get into bidding war to land players in the portal. Dante Cephas has a “handler” taking care of his business. That’s why you won’t see him coming to Pitt.

Reactions: boseman7
Good luck to the old man. There isn't a big market for 3 Star players with no big P5 offers.... Pitt will be it...
Why don’t these guys learn from a guy like Robert Foster that it’s probably better to take your chances at pit where you’ll probably play early and put together a lot of film and be able to make a case to play in the NFL earlier than you were at those big schools that you’re not gonna play? And even though people are going to say well Foster got drafted and played in the NFL I’m a firm believer that pedigree has a lot to do with how are you navigate in your career. And I think if he would’ve done the Tyler Boyd thing where he is the number one receiver on offense That’s a big plus to the scouts rather than you being a number 4 option Because you can’t stay healthy or beat out the younger recruits that they got coming in. The real question should be is ship it take these other teams leftovers if they don’t come here first? Especially if they put out mediocre film

Why don’t these guys learn from a guy like Robert Foster that it’s probably better to take your chances at pit where you’ll probably play early and put together a lot of film and be able to make a case to play in the NFL earlier than you were at those big schools that you’re not gonna play? And even though people are going to say well Foster got drafted and played in the NFL I’m a firm believer that pedigree has a lot to do with how are you navigate in your career. And I think if he would’ve done the Tyler Boyd thing where he is the number one receiver on offense That’s a big plus to the scouts rather than you being a number 4 option Because you can’t stay healthy or beat out the younger recruits that they got coming in. The real question should be is ship it take these other teams leftovers if they don’t come here first? Especially if they put out mediocre film
I would disagree with this in saying that Robert Foster was a multiple year starter for Alabama and has 2 championship rings. He just could not stay consistently healthy enough to stay on the field. It certainly did not stop him from getting a shot in the NFL as he has collected NFL paychecks for 4 years on various active/practice squad rosters.

In the end he just wasn’t talented or durable enough to be a legitimate NFL WR, I don’t see how that would’ve changed had he went to Pitt.

Reactions: TheFormula
In the end he just wasn’t talented or durable enough to be a legitimate NFL WR, I don’t see how that would’ve changed had he went to Pitt.

I do not disagree with this.

I will say however, that had RF come to Pitt it may have led others to come as well, thinking of doing big things together.

I only bring this up because this trend (a kid commits and others want to join as well) seemingly is a thing of the past with players now selling themselves to the highest bidder.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Foster was not drafted.

4 Star prospect. P5 Offers: Nebraska, LSU. Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin.

Anth has South Carolina and just got FSU the other day.

Anth has South Carolina and just got FSU the other day.
Well, I hope he ends up at Pitt, but I doubt it…ND?

If he does commit to Pitt, I’m sure he’ll lose a star… Oops!

Idiot King Of All Message Boards = Not pleased 😀

Well, I hope he ends up at Pitt, but I doubt it…ND?

If he does commit to Pitt, I’m sure he’ll lose a star… Oops!

Idiot King Of All Message Boards = Not pleased 😀
I’m pretty sure he would have committed to ND if that was his first choice. He was their first offer of 2024 in the country. ND fans hate on him because they can’t understand why he isn’t committed. He likes Pitt a lot. He was wearing a pitt shirt last night at my party!

There are some rumors Martin could be going to IMG Academy. If you look at it, he delivered the State Champ to Belle Vernon, what else does he have to play for? It would likely help him who is another one of these "tweeners" in position like we have seen with others notably Derrick Davis.

I dont know why a kid like this wouldn't just opt out? Why does he need to play 13 more HS football games? Hang out with your boys your senior year and train with some Pgh area guy. You have 7 figures waiting for you. Why risk it playing vs Mount Pleasant or going up against SEC recruits everyday at IMG?

I dont know why a kid like this wouldn't just opt out? Why does he need to play 13 more HS football games? Hang out with your boys your senior year and train with some Pgh area guy. You have 7 figures waiting for you. Why risk it playing vs Mount Pleasant or going up against SEC recruits everyday at IMG?
He's got a long way to go before he's a guaranteed 7 figure guy

On the first clip, do you think that's 7 figure speed?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
So what exactly is a team of advisors? Are those meal ticket people, family, negotiators, NIL wheel and dealers?

I think he’d have a lot more big offers if he was a 7 figure kid. He’s a stud athlete but what position will he play.

So what exactly is a team of advisors? Are those meal ticket people, family, negotiators, NIL wheel and dealers?
I guess they negotiate on behalf of the player to NIL reps from different schools. They get a cut of whatever they make... These 'advisors" could be the parents, local pastor, street pimp, teacher, mafia member, etc...No experience necessary...

I think he’d have a lot more big offers if he was a 7 figure kid. He’s a stud athlete but what position will he play.

I see him as a lower-level Lavar Arrington type. Big athlete, no position. Make him a LB. Another comparion I'd use is Dorin Dickerson who they made a LB then turned him into a TE.

I see him as a lower-level Lavar Arrington type. Big athlete, no position. Make him a LB. Another comparion I'd use is Dorin Dickerson who they made a LB then turned him into a TE.
He is most likely a big corner. I think that is what OSU and Mich want him as. He has a good frame for lb but he doesn’t like to tackle and he has really stiff hips. He is very similar to Dorin.

Last edited:
Dude, that's just a horrible take. I mean I hope you play a sport because you also like playing the sport.

oh lord SMF, will you stop with this. Now you have high school kids opting out?

Reactions: Section 509
Here is a question for this thread.

1/ Can pick any one of them to go to pitt but you know the other 4 are going elsewhere OR let it play out and see how we do?

Here is a question for this thread.

1/ Can pick any one of them to go to pitt but you know the other 4 are going elsewhere OR let it play out and see how we do?
I’ll cross Martin off the list since most people think he’s not interested in Pitt.

Speca reminds me of McKillop at the same age, so I’ll go with him. I like Cory second, Lindsey third, and then Gonzalez last on that list.

Reactions: Section 509
I’ll cross Martin off the list since most people think he’s not interested in Pitt.

Speca reminds me of McKillop at the same age, so I’ll go with him. I like Cory second, Lindsey third, and then Gonzalez last on that list.
so you'd choose Speca and let the other 4 go elsewhere? I think i would too. I love recruiting good backers and it would be cool to get a good Inside one. When is the last time we recruited a good ILB out of high school?

Obviously Dennis turned into a great one but we discoverd that in what, year 3? McKillop was a really good one but he was a late bloomer. I think Galambos was the last decent MLB recruit out of high school that i can remember..

Martin is intriguing but i see a lot of people saying he doesnt have a true position. Stiff hips doesnt sound like a good attribute for a larger Corner back. we put anyone and everyone over 210 pounds as our next "H" back for an offense that doesnt use H backs so that's out.

Lindsay's dad auctioning his kid off on social media completely turned me off on him. I havent seen Pistol Pete Jr play so i dont know about him. I love WPIAL OL so hope we can land the PR kid.

Speca's going to PSU, most likely, per my CC friends. Martin is not staying in-state and will likely wind up with the highest bidder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT