ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy on Friday?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Seems likely considering there is no ESPN Friday game that week and that's the only Week 1-3 game time which hasnt been announced.

I kinda like it. I know originally we boycotted those Friday night home games due to the WPIAL but at this point, who cares. The WPIAL is garbage football and the best players, especially sons of former players, dont go to Pitt. Would attendance be any different on a Friday night than Saturday at noon? I, for one, am more likely to attend a Friday night game since Saturdays having me running around all of SW PA for youth sports games.

Has Pitt ever played a friday night home game ?
Since we have Carolina at home on a SATURDAY this season, I suppose this game would be cool on a Friday .
Love to see Pitt pound this team heading into the Hole a week later.

I would be down for a Friday nighter!! Then I could go watch my grandson play on Saturday, otherwise I'll MISS his game!!

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Seems likely considering there is no ESPN Friday game that week and that's the only Week 1-3 game time which hasnt been announced.

I kinda like it. I know originally we boycotted those Friday night home games due to the WPIAL but at this point, who cares. The WPIAL is garbage football and the best players, especially sons of former players, dont go to Pitt. Would attendance be any different on a Friday night than Saturday at noon? I, for one, am more likely to attend a Friday night game since Saturdays having me running around all of SW PA for youth sports games.
I hope not. They should not play any Friday night home games until November if they are going to play them at all.

Reactions: Burgh15
I have a wedding that Saturday in DC so screw you for even getting my hopes up

That's what I thought, so I doubt it happens then.

There are 16 TBD games left for that weekend. These are the ones that ESPN has the rights to:

Cincy @ Pitt
Illinois @ Kansas
WMU @ Syr
Houston @ Rice
Texas St @ UTSA
Marshall @ ECU
6 Mountain West vs FCS games

Which do you think becomes the Friday night game? Keep in mind, Illinois @ Kansas can also be a FS1 game.

There are 16 TBD games left for that weekend. These are the ones that ESPN has the rights to:

Cincy @ Pitt
Illinois @ Kansas
WMU @ Syr
Houston @ Rice
Texas St @ UTSA
Marshall @ ECU
6 Mountain West vs FCS games

Which do you think becomes the Friday night game? Keep in mind, Illinois @ Kansas can also be a FS1 game.
Doesn't matter to me either way, I wont miss the game for anything.
Guessing there is more to it than ESPN just picking a game.
There probably has to be AD's agreeing, stadium availability and such.

Pitt should actually take the Friday game if it can just to spite the WPIAL and its primadonna helicopter racist parents and gibrone fat-ass Bike-short-up-to-the-tits football coaches that love Boy Rape U so much and dreamed forever of their precious boys cavorting in the Sandusky Showers.

The problem is more there might actually be recruits from OTHER places that we’d like to have attend, but who also likely play games that night. But maybe it’s not likely a big recruit visit weekend either way, that early in the high school season.

No decision should EVER be made with consideration for those Lil Nit WPIAL schools though. We’re dead to them, so the feeling should be more than mutual. In fact do they play HS hoops playoffs at the Pete still? That should be eliminated. Go down to Morgantown or up to Rape College

I'd say 99% no this year? They have a Thurs already. And I'm assuming they still 'request' no Fri home games.
But its a different world now.

Pitt should actually take the Friday game if it can just to spite the WPIAL and its primadonna helicopter racist parents and gibrone fat-ass Bike-short-up-to-the-tits football coaches that love Boy Rape U so much and dreamed forever of their precious boys cavorting in the Sandusky Showers.

The problem is more there might actually be recruits from OTHER places that we’d like to have attend, but who also likely play games that night. But maybe it’s not likely a big recruit visit weekend either way, that early in the high school season.

No decision should EVER be made with consideration for those Lil Nit WPIAL schools though. We’re dead to them, so the feeling should be more than mutual. In fact do they play HS hoops playoffs at the Pete still? That should be eliminated. Go down to Morgantown or up to Rape College

Post of the Week

Also, seems like PSU is leaving revenue on the table. They could make a killing charging cultists to shower at the Lasch Facility. That's like a bucket list thing for those pedos.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

The game is scheduled for Saturday, with the game time TBD. How do you conclude that it might be played on Friday?

NO THANKS.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, with the game time TBD. How do you conclude that it might be played on Friday?

There is also no ESPN2 games scheduled yet for 7:00, and no ESPNU game scheduled for 3:30. Most people would assume that either of those would be far, far more likely.

Most people.

There is also no ESPN2 games scheduled yet for 7:00, and no ESPNU game scheduled for 3:30. Most people would assume that either of those would be far, far more likely.

Most people.

There has to be a Friday night game. Which one will it be of the ones I listed? Houston @ Rice? That's possible I guess.

There has to be a Friday night game. Which one will it be of the ones I listed? Houston @ Rice? That's possible I guess.

Why does there have to be a Friday night game? All the other Friday night games have been announced, what makes you think that weekend is going to be the one where they are going to move a game but have not announced it yet?

As to what game they could move if they did move a game, here are some of the other Friday games that ESPN is showing on their channels this season:

Army at UTSA
Tulane at Memphis
SMU at Temple
Florida Atlantic at Charlotte
North Texas at SMU
South Florida at UTSA

Seems like quality isn't really a determining factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT