ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching isn’t the problem

Would you go to a restaurant in your neighborhood if the service was terrible and the foods mediocre at
best . What about a movie theater that only shows the worst movies ? A golf course that never cuts the greens ?
Lose and constantly disappoint for years and you blame alumni !

When the business model relies on ticket sales and donations to be more successful compared to your peers, then there is a lot of reliance on alumni and donors. You are using the wrong business model in your example.

Pitts performance is actually better than where are support level is. I'd say that is "trying to win".

Now they have made mistakes, but when there is little revenue when compared to your peers, it is harder to fix them.

When the business model relies on ticket sales and donations to be more successful compared to your peers, then there is a lot of reliance on alumni and donors. You are using the wrong business model in your example.

Pitts performance is actually better than where are support level is. I'd say that is "trying to win".

Now they have made mistakes, but when there is little revenue when compared to your peers, it is harder to fix them.
Pitt reaps in over 30 million from the ACC , they’ve elected to invest some of that money back into non revenue sports . It’s wonderful that the woman’s volleyball team is great and that the soccer team is in the NCAAs , but why not invest more heavily in the sport that could carry the entire athletic budget on its back if successful . It needs to be a long term plan since they’re not going to turn the Fb program around overnight . They need to win and that would certainly require a different HC and better players . Maybe they never sell out HF , but maybe they could actually get 40 or 50 thousand real fans not the 15 or 20 thousand that goes to games now and generate millions more for the athletic department . That would require a long term plan and yes some university money to kickstart the process or you can continue to run a half assed program that draws no one except to an occasional marquee game and lose to lousy teams and collect your ACC money .

On your last game of the season your home team with a 7-4 record coming in can’t even get 20k people in this god forsaken city to support them. They would rather support Penn State, the Steelers, Penguins, hell they would do anything but support Pitt sports.

And recruiting will always be difficult because of it

Dude, after the last 20 years, Pitt is lucky to have fans like me who continue to pay for tickets, round up friends and family to go, buy merch, and pump the program and its recruits on social media. Christ, I drove 12 hours to watch the 2009 Sun Bowl. Pitt is lucky I didn't switch to Clemson after that.

What has Pitt done for me?

1 season with 10 or more wins.
1 outright conference/division championship.
A 57% winning rate.
5-10 in bowls.
Blaming lack of attendance on the fans is outrageous. The product, frankly, sucks. Hell I regularly get asked why I'm a Pitt fan down here in Atlanta when I could just spend my Saturdays doing other things. I'm starting to wonder if that's a good point.

Last edited:
Dude, after the last 20 years, Pitt is lucky to have fans like me who continue to pay for tickets, round up friends and family to go, buy merch, and pump the program and its recruits on social media. Christ, I drove 12 hours to watch the 2009 Sun Bowl. Pitt is lucky I didn't switch to Clemson after that.

One season with 10 or more wins.
One outright conference/division champion season.
A 57% winning rate.
5-10 in bowls.
Blaming lack of attendance on the fans is outrageous. The product frankly sucks. Hell I regularly get asked why I'm a Pitt fan down here in Atlanta when I could just spend my Saturdays doing other things. I'm starting to wonder if that's a good point.

Best to ignore that troll, he calls out attendance but famously posts from his couch. Glad to see you making the trips from Atlanta! Many yinzers won't make it in from Carrick or Monroeville.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

1 season with 10 or more wins.
1 outright conference/division championship.
A 57% winning rate.
5-10 in bowls.
Blaming lack of attendance on the fans is outrageous. The product, frankly, sucks. Hell I regularly get asked why I'm a Pitt fan down here in Atlanta when I could just spend my Saturdays doing other things. I'm starting to wonder if that's a good point.

you actually think when referring to attendance I expect people to travel from Georgia to see every home game? Or any home games?

I am referring to the Pittsburgh general area obviously

The team has not regressed. The defense was very good this year. Going in to this season totally new OC, new OL, rbs and wrs with an inconsistent QB. However, it has been the lack of focus and discipline regarding dropped passes, fumbles, and penalties that hurt this team. Also, they have not tried to run the ball.

On your last game of the season your home team with a 7-4 record coming in can’t even get 20k people in this god forsaken city to support them. They would rather support Penn State, the Steelers, Penguins, hell they would do anything but support Pitt sports.

Put a product on the field that doesn’t play down to the competition is discipline and is a consistent winner and 50,000 would show up. I live 3 hrs away and spending all day to watch that game Saturday is a waste of my time and money.

Reactions: brickfhouse

Sure let's blame the fans for Narduzzi's idiocy and inability to decide when to kick a field goal or go for a score. Nonsense comment

Reactions: brickfhouse
I went to that shite show and I’m sorry that I did. Fooled again into believing that Pitt would rise to the occasion — modest as it was.

Pitt has attendance problems because they consistently disappoint. Period.

Exactly why I stayed home this weekend. They have crapped out on me way more than rising up and seem to always disappoint. This year is a perfect example. Every week they were sitting about 26-30 in the polls and had a chance to jump into the rankings they lost. And have done that for years. They went 500 in a crap conference and lost to 2 really bad teams at home and survived Delaware not exactly making me want to spend 7 hrs in the car

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Overstating the obvious to me is it is “Talent and Scheme” that is the offense problem

Put a product on the field that doesn’t play down to the competition is discipline and is a consistent winner and 50,000 would show up. I live 3 hrs away and spending all day to watch that game Saturday is a waste of my time and money.

50k would never show up on a consistent basis. Maybe 40k

50k would never show up on a consistent basis. Maybe 40k

Agree 50k is a stretch but if we put together 2 decent 9 win seasons and were competing for a conference title for 3 or years in a row I’d expect 50k to show up for conference games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT