ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Free Agency Summed Up By Kadyn Proctor

College football = dead. Also college football = massive TV ratings. Somehow its both.

This Proctor situation is example #1,812 why these kids need to be employees with contracts. Should have signed a 4 year deal with Bama out of HS.

I'm waiting for a team to just flat out not have enough players and have to forfeit a season.

Reactions: pittdan77
College football will be dead when people will stop watching and supporting it. Which doesn't seem likely. It's changing.

I don't like it. I only watch Pitt and some ACC, when in the past I would watch anything all day.

But the majority of America will still stick with it even if holding their nose.

College football will be dead when people will stop watching and supporting it.
I am fast approaching that level. I am holding my nose a little. If a person told me just 5 years ago pre-Covid I would watch as little football as I do, I would never have believed them. It is worse than pro sports and I do not have the interest to follow it as closely as I used to. Back in the day I was the kind of guy who watched the Thursday College game, went to an HS game on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all day watching football, then MNF. Now I watch Pitt and Steelers and if I have nothing else I will watch but I generally find something better to do. I can't tell you the last time I watched MNF that was not a Steelers game.

I'm losing interest. I used to check this board all day- now I spend about 10-15 minutes on here most days. I still watch Pitt. But I didn't watch many of the prime time games of the week last year.

College football will be dead when people will stop watching and supporting it. Which doesn't seem likely. It's changing.

I don't like it. I only watch Pitt and some ACC, when in the past I would watch anything all day.

But the majority of America will still stick with it even if holding their nose.

yep national fanboys like Stew Mandel keep saying nothing is wrong because the ratings are as good as ever and so is attendance. He's all in favor of the rich getting richer and having an alabama Georgia rematch for the playoff every year.

yep national fanboys like Stew Mandel keep saying nothing is wrong because the ratings are as good as ever and so is attendance. He's all in favor of the rich getting richer and having an alabama Georgia rematch for the playoff every year.

That's partly true though. People cant stop watching. We can debate whether they'd stop watching if there's a breakaway 40 team league but at this point, ratings will only go up or remain the same, especially with the expanded CFP where more teams are playing for something in October and November.

Only 1 problems to that tweet, he didn’t get paid to return to Iowa (per Iowa beat writer) nor did he get a bag to return to Alabama. Most of these NIL deals aren’t front loaded specially in the B1G. He just resumed his NIL deal he had before leaving.

Ohio St writer told me that the #1 player in 2024 only got $25k upfront. He receives $17.5k per month and a vehicle of his choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT