ADVERTISEMENT

Coulibaly in transfer portal now

MarshallGoldberg

All Conference
Oct 23, 2017
@CraigMeyerPG
·
3m

Pitt sophomore forward Abdoul Karim Coulibaly has entered the transfer portal, the school just announced. He becomes the fifth Panthers player to do so in the past month

I would be OK with AKCleaving if we had secured Cam Martin. I feel sure that is not the case.

So when is the open tryouts for Pitt students? There has to be some bigger issues in the locker room.

Maybe he thinks he can play better outside of the ACC? I don't know, with all of the upcoming transfers, I can't really say anything will suprise me.

Xavier Johnson, Toney, Drumgoole, Coulibaly, Brown, indefinitely suspended Hugley considering NBA Justin

Are we at 25% yet?

You seem confused. Hugley, Champagnie and even Brown who graduated, have nothing to do with this number.

25% means every team will have 3 to 4 players on average in the portal.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
You seem confused. Hugley, Champagnie and even Brown who graduated, have nothing to do with this number.

25% means every team will have 3 to 4 players on average in the portal.
They probably SHOULD have something to do with the number because one would think in a healthy environment, that the less returning players on the roster because of 'natural' causes such as graduation, nba, expulsion, the less likely those remaining would transfer because in theory there is more playing time available.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
This is not just isolated to Pitt. Yes, we’ve had a lot of players leave. Too many. But there is a bigger issue here as well. A lot of players feel like the grass is greener on the other side.

Some of the players don’t feel as important as they did when they were being recruited. They feel just like one of the other players trying to get playing time.

So, to feel important again, they decide to leave and go through the recruiting process. Coaches calling them, telling them how great they are, telling them how they can fit into their offense, etc....

Unfortunately the NCAA has made it easy to stroke their egos by telling them you don’t have to fit in. You don’t have to play as a member of a team. You don’t have to listen to the coach or take his criticism. You can just leave with no penalties!

Capel can take some blame, but the vast majority is on the players in my opinion...

This is not just isolated to Pitt. Yes, we’ve had a lot of players leave. Too many. But there is a bigger issue here as well. A lot of players feel like the grass is greener on the other side.

Some of the players don’t feel as important as they did when they were being recruited. They feel just like one of the other players trying to get playing time.

So, to feel important again, they decide to leave and go through the recruiting process. Coaches calling them, telling them how great they are, telling them how they can fit into their offense, etc....

Unfortunately the NCAA has made it easy to stroke their egos by telling them you don’t have to fit in. You don’t have to play as a member of a team. You don’t have to listen to the coach or take his criticism. You can just leave with no penalties!

Capel can take some blame, but the vast majority is on the players in my opinion...
Where we currently are is crazy. The coach is responsible for that, no one else.

No excuses.

Are you kidding me? What is going on here???
What's going on is you have a head coach who can't coach, can't recruit and can't keep his teams together at all. But we can all thank Heather for extending him last year for no reason after the team collapsed. Now we're stuck with him for at least 2 more years where he should be shown the door yesterday.

Coulibaly transferring is puzzling, something else has to be going on there, this one really doesn’t make sense.
I said it a couple times during the season. Seemed pretty clear to me that his teammates never appeared to really like the guy, unfair or not. I certainly saw people yell at him a few times on the defensive end and rarely saw anyone give him props even in the moments when he'd perform well offensively.

I said it a couple times during the season. Seemed pretty clear to me that his teammates never appeared to really like the guy, unfair or not. I certainly saw people yell at him a few times on the defensive end and rarely saw anyone give him props even in the moments when he'd perform well offensively.
I didn't notice that at all. And maybe there is a language barrier which made it tough for lots of the players to have in depth conversations with him. Regardless it's pretty evident that there is a big problem with Capel and/or his staff. Too many kids can't wait to get the hell away from them. Not good at all. Capel was definitely a bad hire.

I certainly saw people yell at him a few times on the defensive end

Well sure, but that was due mostly to the fact that he had no idea on how to properly play defense. When you continually find yourself in the wrong spots on defense and you contribute so little on offense, sometimes your teammates are not going to be happy with you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT