ADVERTISEMENT

Coulibaly in transfer portal now

He’s a decent rotational big .
It hurts depth at a position we have absolutely none
It’s concerning
I said it a few weeks ago and will say it again. Coulibaly provides about 10-15 mins. off the bench for a good team. There are going to be over 1,000 players in the portal. I feel confident we will be able to find someone else that can fit his role. The bar isn’t high.

I said it a few weeks ago and will say it again. Coulibaly provides about 10-15 mins. off the bench for a good team. There are going to be over 1,000 players in the portal. I feel confident we will be able to find someone else that can fit his role. The bar isn’t high.
Nobody in the portal wants to only play 10-15 minutes. They’re mostly leaving because they want starter minutes.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
Nobody in the portal wants to only play 10-15 minutes. They’re mostly leaving because they want starter minutes.
No kidding. Nobody wants to sit the bench and only play 10-15 minutes. The point is the bar for replacing him isn’t very high. People freaking out over losing Brown, Drumgoole, or Coulibaly are either hypocrites and/or trolls.

Reactions: pittmeister

More like 1,500 players....The problem is, there isn’t enough quality places for them to go...

The problem is with Coulibaly we needed 1 now we need 2 and AKC was the only one we had recruited in 3 years.
Not being negative but bigs aren’t exactly flocking to us.

It doesn’t seem like it, considering how many players we appear to be actively recruiting.
Active recruiting means more than an initial inquiry or cursory contact.

How many contacts above that have occured? Not very many have been publicly reported.

Like the guy who scored 0 pts in their last game. We will be okay.
Active recruiting means more than an initial inquiry or cursory contact.

How many contacts above that have occured? Not very many have been publicly reported.
The dead period is through May 31st
These virtual visits and contacts are all thats allowed

Reactions: Ski11585
@CraigMeyerPG
·
3m

Pitt sophomore forward Abdoul Karim Coulibaly has entered the transfer portal, the school just announced. He becomes the fifth Panthers player to do so in the past month

Coulibaly wasnt good. Like I said, he was Derrick Randall. That said, its better to have Derrick Randall than to have nobody.

SMF hits again:

I said 1 of Femi, Horton, Jeffress, Collier, Coulibaly will transfer.

SMF Predictions Inc. has had a good 6 weeks.

Coulibaly wasnt good. Like I said, he was Derrick Randall. That said, its better to have Derrick Randall than to have nobody.

SMF hits again:

I said 1 of Femi, Horton, Jeffress, Collier, Coulibaly will transfer.

SMF Predictions Inc. has had a good 6 weeks.

You forgot Max...

Well sure, but that was due mostly to the fact that he had no idea on how to properly play defense. When you continually find yourself in the wrong spots on defense and you contribute so little on offense, sometimes your teammates are not going to be happy with you.
His defense was pretty good

One of my fears is the question , " Is there really any reason for Champagnie to return to this team? "
The answer is no if:
1. The team can't win 7+ ACC games or
2. No other true ACC level offensive threat shows up on the roster. Teams should focus on hanging on him all night.

Reactions: gary2
One of my fears is the question , " Is there really any reason for Champagnie to return to this team? "
The answer is no if:
2. No other true ACC level offensive threat shows up on the roster. Teams should focus on hanging on him all night.
True that.

If he does not turn pro, he probably transfers to St.Johns

Based on what information do you say he will “probably transfer to St. John’s”?
His brother and the post I responded to:

The answer is no if:

Yea I thought even DT said something about he and his people view him as a 4 and he may have even said possibly a 3. He’s neither.

Losing a player of his caliber isn’t a big deal. But in the context of the mass exodus you do wonder what in the world is going on.
This is why we see so many transfers.... almost everyone thinks they're something they're not.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The dead period is through May 31st
These virtual visits and contacts are all thats allowed
How many virtual visits have we set up? How many Zoom calls have we made? Duquesne has two to our one with Parham.

Given our circumstances, I don't believe that we have been as active as allowed.

There is no public indication of it anywhere.

Yea I thought even DT said something about he and his people view him as a 4 and he may have even said possibly a 3. He’s neither.

Losing a player of his caliber isn’t a big deal. But in the context of the mass exodus you do wonder what in the world is going on.
If his people think he is a 3, then they better hope their work place doesn’t drug test.

Reactions: singregardless
On the outside you’d think that AKC would be pretty happy at Pitt . He was starting and currently there’s no one on the roster ( literally! ) that can put him on the bench . There’s no other ACC team where he starts . So it must be something else . Maybe he sees himself as a 4 and doesn’t want to battle bigger better players . Maybe he feels like he’s an outsider and not one of the guys and wants to go play somewhere he knows someone . Maybe he’s tired of losing . Maybe he just doesn't like being at Pitt and of course maybe he doesn’t like his coach .

But the real question is WTF is going on down there ? JC seems like the kind of guy who you’d want your kid to play for , but somethings not right down there . Pitt and JC really need to come out and explain what they feel is happening . It looks like it’s a toxic environment.

How many virtual visits have we set up? How many Zoom calls have we made? Duquesne has two to our one with Parham.

Given our circumstances, I don't believe that we have been as active as allowed.

There is no public indication of it anywhere.
Nor should there be
Twitter conspiracy weirdos don’t need to know

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT