ADVERTISEMENT

CW broadcasts

I don't find it any worse than the ACCN.
I think that production quality at ESPN (and, by extension, ACCN) is nowhere near what it was in the past. In some cases, announcers are in some remote studio (if not their dens at home) instead of court side. In addition, in the past, when there was a controversial play, or an exceptional play, immediately prior to a stoppage in play, viewers were shown replays of said play. Today, we're treated to a replay of something which happened earlier in the game. Production values have declined precipitously. I have no doubt that this is the work of the bean counters at Disney.

Last edited:
Technical issues or poor camera work? I have watched the CW on a stream and via antenna; both seemed fine.

I watched the Pitt games on there the last couple of weeks and I didn't have any problems either. Seemed like exactly the kind of production you'd expect on a 3rd tier college basketball production.

I do have a problem like Cav does with the remote announcers. Covid is over, get the game announcers back in the arenas for every game. A play by play guy and a color commentator watching the game on television at their home can't tell me anything more than I can see for myself. On site commentators are valuable because they can tell you what is going on that you can't see by just watching on television.

I watched the Pitt games on there the last couple of weeks and I didn't have any problems either. Seemed like exactly the kind of production you'd expect on a 3rd tier college basketball production.

I do have a problem like Cav does with the remote announcers. Covid is over, get the game announcers back in the arenas for every game. A play by play guy and a color commentator watching the game on television at their home can't tell me anything more than I can see for myself. On site commentators are valuable because they can tell you what is going on that you can't see by just watching on television.

That's not a covid thing. It's a cost savings thing. It definitely isn't good for production value.

Reactions: cease10 and jctrack
I mean - SI was using AI for their articles for months and lying about it - prior to folding

These businesses know they are gonna get viewers for games regardless , why not cut expenses to the bone ?

That's not a covid thing. It's a cost savings thing. It definitely isn't good for production value.

It absolutely started as a covid thing, but yeah, they realized they could save some money and few people were going to complain, so they kept doing it.

I mean - SI was using AI for their articles for months and lying about it - prior to folding

These businesses know they are gonna get viewers for games regardless , why not cut expenses to the bone ?

For the same reason that most other businesses don't offer as crappy a product as possible?

I think it’s like many things that started as a covid necessity that became a cost-savings permanent thing.

I was pretty impressed with the CW football broadcasts. Felt like they did a good job. Little less so with the basketball stuff - feels like Raycom with a different logo. That’s not the worst thing in the world (it’s still higher quality than the average BTN broadcast) but I hoped for a little more.

Reactions: joeydavid
I was pretty impressed with the CW football broadcasts. Felt like they did a good job. Little less so with the basketball stuff - feels like Raycom with a different logo.

Well, it is. Raycom handles 100% of the broadcast. They use a CW logo and airwaves but its all Raycom.

Mine’s ok. And an upgrade over the former bankrupt rsn that half the league didn’t even get lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT