ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Altman

Piranha

Athletic Director
Jul 31, 2001
We can only hope Stallings turns out to be our Dana Altman. The people at Oregon were up in arms at the hire, and Creighton was about to fire him. He has done a very good job at Oregon. Dixon was one of the guys Oregon originally wanted.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Speaking of Creighton, I would have been very happy with Greg McDermott. His teams play very hard and show up every night, win or lose. After losing a player as great as his son he has managed to keep the program afloat. I would be surprised if they don't return to the tournament next year.

Reactions: paulbl99
We can only hope Stallings turns out to be our Dana Altman. The people at Oregon were up in arms at the hire, and Creighton was about to fire him. He has done a very good job at Oregon. Dixon was one of the guys Oregon originally wanted.

I told a friend this yesterday. With all that Phil Knight money, they went after Dixon, Few, and other big candidates and got shot down and settled for Altman. As an outsider, I was shocked Oregon had to settle for Altman. How could they NOT go out and get a big-time coach? Worked out though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT