ADVERTISEMENT

DE's Next Year

cruzer

All Conference
Jul 27, 2001
First of all, welcome to Patrick Jones. Looks like a very solid pick up. With Jones and Gilbert on board and Hendrix and Edwards available to play next year (and possibly getting Price back for a 6th year), our DE position went from a big question mark at the beginning of this year, to what appears to be the deepest position on the defense.

This makes me wonder if we're going to see any of these DE's switching positions. Some may be able to bulk up and move to tackle. Others may have the speed to move to LB. Any guesses on potential position shifts?

I'll just close by saying, this is a great problem to have.

Cruzer

Good questions, I wish I had the answers :)

Good problem to have and we turned an area of weakness into a strength.

By the way... Price... with all the buzz he may even get drafted now and may not be back. It will be interesting how his future goes, he would be a tweener right now for the NFL draft

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
By the way... Price... with all the buzz he may even get drafted now and may not be back.

The "buzz" has absolutely nothing at all to do with when and whether a guy gets drafted. NFL scouts and NFL teams do not care even one little bit about how much "buzz" a guy has in college. They care about guys that they think can play in the NFL.

First of all, welcome to Patrick Jones. Looks like a very solid pick up. With Jones and Gilbert on board and Hendrix and Edwards available to play next year (and possibly getting Price back for a 6th year), our DE position went from a big question mark at the beginning of this year, to what appears to be the deepest position on the defense.

This makes me wonder if we're going to see any of these DE's switching positions. Some may be able to bulk up and move to tackle. Others may have the speed to move to LB. Any guesses on potential position shifts?

Cruzer

Cruzer
When Bryce Hargrove committed wasn't he listed as a DE not a DT

weah to linebacker? wow. weah will most likely leave or stand on the sidelines and continue to get his schooling for free

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT