ADVERTISEMENT

DeSYding on Monday

Should be good news for Pitt. Will be awesome to see the butthurt Ole Miss fans who think every recruit needs to play in the $EC

Pitt has a real chance to get him but Ole Miss is a threat and ECU has two of his former teammates on the team so it's going to be very interesting

Reactions: Drew1208
Pitt has a real chance to get him but Ole Miss is a threat and ECU has two of his former teammates on the team so it's going to be very interesting
Yeah and they look like they need him too.

Reactions: Tonyt66

Lebo is gone so maybe they will get better

Lebo is gone so maybe they will get better
This post shows you know nothing about coaching or the college game. Lebo probably played on a team (high school or college) that destroyed your favorite,so you are still envious.

His old assistant at VT plus that LeDay kid from VT and maybe another one plus a JUCO teammate are at ECU so there's a lot of connections there but it's hard to believe he did all this transferring just to end up at what's really just a mid-major and without a realistic shot to play in the NCAA Tournament. This has to be Ole Miss or Pitt. You gotta think Pitt has a realistic shot but it's hard to bet against the $EC.

Sy might not be great but he is the most important single recruit I can remember in quite some time simply because we don't have an ACC-level big man and may literally only have 1 big guy on the roster if Kene is unhealthy. With Sy, we have a chance. Without him, there's no chance.

His old assistant at VT plus that LeDay kid from VT and maybe another one plus a JUCO teammate are at ECU so there's a lot of connections there but it's hard to believe he did all this transferring just to end up at what's really just a mid-major and without a realistic shot to play in the NCAA Tournament. This has to be Ole Miss or Pitt. You gotta think Pitt has a realistic shot but it's hard to bet against the $EC.

Sy might not be great but he is the most important single recruit I can remember in quite some time simply because we don't have an ACC-level big man and may literally only have 1 big guy on the roster if Kene is unhealthy. With Sy, we have a chance. Without him, there's no chance.
There’s also a chance that he isn’t better than Terrell Brown. He’s still a relatively unproven commodity.

Reactions: Pittparade
There sure is a lot of negative nancies on these threads when it comes to Pitt! They act like they are for Pitt but they're really not. SMDH

Terrell Brown was tied for fourth in the Acc in blocks per game with Zion. Interestingly Pitt also had the 4th leading steals leader in trey and the 4th leading assist man in Xavier.

So you can tell by my screen name my two teams. ECU does have a few former VT teammates here. His former coach that recruited him to VT is at ECU. They have been on him the longest as their top priority. He will be their starter and a focal point of the offense and the league is not a bad league, it was a top 5 or 6 league this year and Memphis and Uconn are coming back. Also, one of his closest friends and JUCO teammate is Doudou Gueye who also has an offer from ECU and is waiting on Sy to announce before he announces. Only ECU has offered both. They are both from the Senegal. Now if he doesnt go ECU, then I sure hope its Pitt.
Joe Dooley will get it done here. Lebo was awful and beyond lazy when it came to recruiting and other things. He was a good X's and O's guy but didnt do well with all the other stuff.

Reactions: BFo8
So you can tell by my screen name my two teams. ECU does have a few former VT teammates here. His former coach that recruited him to VT is at ECU. They have been on him the longest as their top priority. He will be their starter and a focal point of the offense and the league is not a bad league, it was a top 5 or 6 league this year and Memphis and Uconn are coming back. Also, one of his closest friends and JUCO teammate is Doudou Gueye who also has an offer from ECU and is waiting on Sy to announce before he announces. Only ECU has offered both. They are both from the Senegal. Now if he doesnt go ECU, then I sure hope its Pitt.
Joe Dooley will get it done here. Lebo was awful and beyond lazy when it came to recruiting and other things. He was a good X's and O's guy but didnt do well with all the other stuff.

Good post. We don’t know what his personal individual goals are. ECU has the connections and he will be one of the go to guys but I think Gardner remains the go to guy. He had a great Frosh year.

He will start at all 3 schools and play a lot. It would be interesting to know what JC made as his selling point as far as how he would use Sy.

If his goal is to be in the NCAA tour next year Ole Miss has the best chance of the 3.

Hopefully we hear Pitt on Monday.

This post shows you know nothing about coaching or the college game. Lebo probably played on a team (high school or college) that destroyed your favorite,so you are still envious.

Cmon man you must be related to Lebo. No one outside his family thinks he’s anything more than an average coach.

Reactions: PittAU

Not at all. You assume an awful lot with your statement. And added a bunch of unnecessary snark.

I care nothing about Lebo the player, at Carlisle or UNC. What matters was his coaching record. In SEC play his AU teams were 35-61. At ECU his teams, in conference play, were 43-75.

Please, Tell me how envious I should be of those results.

SMF has totally written off Terrell.

While I admit that Terrell can be maddening, he also had some really decent moments. If he can unlock a consistent motor, he’s certainly serviceable.

Lots of ifs w TB.

And literally no other option outside of a hail mary Coulibaly can be a solid ACC center the day he parks it in Oakland.

That is the problem, given its center and they dont have anything resembling a pf sized pf.

At a bare minimum Sy will be better than Kene, and give Brown better competition in practice.

Its the most glaring hole on the roster by a mile now that they got Murphy as the third guard.

Reactions: Chescat

Gueye committed to Louisiana Lafayette or somewhere like that yesterday.

IF. Yup, and it's a pretty big if.

Also, assuming it is true (as someone has posted) that Chukwuka's surgery proved more serious than expected and that he will not be able to play at all next season, we will have no other player other than Brown on the roster who is over 6-7 unless we add Sy and/or another big or two by the fall.

So, even if Brown is significantly improved, without adding a big or two, we won't have a backup post player on the active roster to give Brown breathers and minimize the risk of Brown fouling out frequently.

Well, we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks and months--hopefully this potentially serious problem will be addressed adequately.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Also, assuming it is true (as someone has posted) that Chukwuka's surgery proved more serious than expected and that he will not be able to play at all next season, we will have no other player other than Brown on the roster who is over 6-7 unless we add Sy and/or another big or two by the fall.

So, even if Brown is significantly improved, without adding a big or two, we won't have a backup post player on the active roster to give Brown breathers and minimize the risk of Brown fouling out frequently.

Well, we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks and months--hopefully this potentially serious problem will be addressed adequately.
I'm better than Terrell Brown.

Maybe JC should give Raleighpanther a call !

A few days ago I posted that if we needed a Big with our current roster, then
we would need two Bigs if Kene is out for the season. As of now it seems to
me that we need two additional Bigs.
Murphy's signing took care of one problem. However even with Murphy
being added, we could still use a backup pg.
If my numbers are correct, I think we still have three openings.....X, Trey,
Toney, Kene, Brown, George, plus the four recruits =10. Agree?

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Post274......out of the past, still Neanderthal. Defending Central PA and the gang resort of Wildwood.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
A few days ago I posted that if we needed a Big with our current roster, then
we would need two Bigs if Kene is out for the season. As of now it seems to
me that we need two additional Bigs.
Murphy's signing took care of one problem. However even with Murphy
being added, we could still use a backup pg.
If my numbers are correct, I think we still have three openings.....X, Trey,
Toney, Kene, Brown, George, plus the four recruits =10. Agree?

Yes 2 more bigs would be desirable; but, at least one seems absolutely necessary--even a relative "stiff" (at a bare minimum) who is capable of giving a few minutes when Brown needs a rest or picks up a couple of early fouls.

Reactions: Chescat
If Kene is out for next season, that's a big deal, no? A redshirt would mean we technically have no schollies to give next year, provided we hand out the remaining ones for this year.

If Kene is out for next season, that's a big deal, no? A redshirt would mean we technically have no schollies to give next year, provided we hand out the remaining ones for this year.

Again, Capel will sign as many 2020 recruits as he wants that want to play here. Little attention will be paid to how many scholarships are technically available. If guys want to come here, room will be made. He isn't going to tell a Top 100 guy he cant come here because George or Kene will be seniors.

Reactions: Elsalvador

Maybe. But, I don't really believe losing a scholarship for 2020 is a serious concern over the believed Kene situation. Assuming Kene would graduate during a medical redshirt year he would become eligible to grad transfer elsewhere. And, should a quality bigman recruit want to commit and Kene's ship space was needed IMHO, it is likely Kene would be encouraged to take the grad transfer route.

As to the bigger question of ships for 2020. Right now we have 10 on ship so 3 remain for 2019. According to DT, he understands that the plan is to add 2 more recruits to this class. One or both of them could be grad transfers with only 1 year of eligibility who would not eat a 2020 ship. That would leave 1-3 open 2020 ships plus Kene's ship, if needed, for 2020 plus any other ships that might open if any other players would transfer out. So, I suspect it will work out in the end that there will be at least 3 ships to give for the 2020 class. No need for concern about it at this time.

Reactions: Protes
What DT suggested regarding scholarships and your explanation makes sense.
We have three for 2019. As long as we get a grad transfer or two, they would
not affect 2020 openings.
What I would like to see......Sy, plus another Big and a pg. The Big could be a
grad transfer, and the pg should probably be an underclassman since X might
leave after next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT