ADVERTISEMENT

DeSYding on Monday

Again, Capel will sign as many 2020 recruits as he wants that want to play here. Little attention will be paid to how many scholarships are technically available. If guys want to come here, room will be made. He isn't going to tell a Top 100 guy he cant come here because George or Kene will be seniors.

Pitt/Capel definitely needs, for sure, 4 scholarships for 2020. Champagnie (maybe 50/50?), Gordon, Johnson, Hugley, RJ Davis, Curbelo, Cliff, etc.

Pitt/Capel definitely needs, for sure, 4 scholarships for 2020. Champagnie (maybe 50/50?), Gordon, Johnson, Hugley, RJ Davis, Curbelo, Cliff, etc.
If recruiting this year is any indication...

He will sign 6 or 7 if he can get that many good players. No attention will be paid to available scholarships. Players transfer like crazy.

I can see half the board imploding over this guy’s comments about Brown.
It was a good read and good breakdown for the most part. The reality is that while Sy might have a bit more upside, he’s probably not significantly better — if at all — than Brown, who suddenly next year will be one of the ACC’s more experienced big men. We all know Brown’s deficiencies, but we’ve also seen enough flashes to know that he has some good upside too.

It was a good read and good breakdown for the most part. The reality is that while Sy might have a bit more upside, he’s probably not significantly better — if at all — than Brown, who suddenly next year will be one of the ACC’s more experienced big men. We all know Brown’s deficiencies, but we’ve also seen enough flashes to know that he has some good upside too.
We still need someone else to give Brown a rest and/or if he gets into foul trouble.

FWIW, this blogger is predicting ECU. Not a bad rundown of the pluses and minuses of Sy attending each school.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/05/11/ncaa-basketball-pros-cons-transfer-khadim-sys-final-3-teams/

Thanks that was a pretty good summation of Sy and the three finalists. After reading it,
it's hard to pick one over the other IMO. All three have pluses. Personally I feel they
built Brown up more than he deserves. Maybe I'm just frustrated with his play after
watching him the past two years. However the worst that would happen to Sy if
he came to Pitt would be splitting time with Brown. That would definitely make us
better as a team and in my mind wouldn't hurt Sy at all.
Not mentioned is where does he fit best?...Pitt and it's urban environment, ECU
and a smaller environment in the south, or Ole Miss in the deep south.
Pitt offers the ACC, while Ole Miss is in the SEC. ECU is in a lesser conference,
but Dooley is clearly making ECU better.
So with all that, I have no idea what's going to happen. I hope Capel made the
kind of impression for which he supposedly is noted and gets Sy to Pitt.

Reactions: Elsalvador
He will sign 6 or 7 if he can get that many good players. No attention will be paid to available scholarships. Players transfer like crazy.

Agree, the 'saving schollies' police are going by the way of the 'burning redshirts' police. It just doesn't matter that much anymore.

However, if Kene is not playing next season as reported there is an even bigger incentive for Sy at Pitt since Brown would be the only player over 6-7 on the roster and SY would 100% have to see starter's minutes.

Torree Morris and Dante Taylor didn't...so there's that. Attitude holds Brown back.
Now your assuming that you know what’s in TB heart and mind . Maybe what you see is all he’s got and he’s giving 110% .

His problem was he was forced into action way before he was ready with no other big man to mentor him and push him in practice .

He’s probably good enough to see PT at 80-85% of D1 schools

He’s not as good as Pitt needs him to be , but he’s nowhere near as bad as the haters want to point out .

An area where Pitt will improve is when X and Trey learn to feed the ball to TB in a position where he can be successful . Penetrating too deep and forcing a pass to TB to bail them out just doesn’t work , hopefully they’ll all get better this offseason .

Now your assuming that you know what’s in TB heart and mind . Maybe what you see is all he’s got and he’s giving 110% .

His problem was he was forced into action way before he was ready with no other big man to mentor him and push him in practice .

He’s probably good enough to see PT at 80-85% of D1 schools

He’s not as good as Pitt needs him to be , but he’s nowhere near as bad as the haters want to point out .

An area where Pitt will improve is when X and Trey learn to feed the ball to TB in a position where he can be successful . Penetrating too deep and forcing a pass to TB to bail them out just doesn’t work , hopefully they’ll all get better this offseason .
Why make excuses...the kid seems to be asleep at times. Soft centers = losses. I hope he plays hard, he's not hopeless at all. Ya think Zion Williamson is just talented?? He's a wild man. A bit of nasty would help Terrell.

Reactions: TreesHero
Why make excuses...the kid seems to be asleep at times. Soft centers = losses. I hope he plays hard, he's not hopeless at all. Ya think Zion Williamson is just talented?? He's a wild man. A bit of nasty would help Terrell.
Motor isn’t something which is learned.

He’s not athletic- so there isn’t much hope for Progress for brown

I’m not disagreeing with you , but he’s who he is . Zion is special as are every great player . Pitt needs an upgrade no doubt and from the looks of it TB improving is its best hope .

My guess is ECU, but any of the three makes sense. Memphis is giving the AAC some juice with their recruiting bonanza, so I wouldn’t turn our noses up at ECU. Dooley is a heck of a coach, also.

I don’t think he improves our prospects much
Just adds Depth and another option.

Doesn't add depth since, apparently,we already have zero post depth. At worst he would be replacing Chukwuka--assuming it is true that Kene will miss the entire season. At best, he would be relegating Brown to backup status and post depth would remain unchanged with Kene out.

Doesn't add depth since, apparently,we already have zero post depth. At worst he would be replacing Chukwuka--assuming it is true that Kene will miss the entire season. At best, he would be relegating Brown to backup status and post depth would remain unchanged with Kene out.

Bodies. They need functional bodies. We’re a guard driven squad and none of the guys on the board, including Sy, are going to change that. The teams you see making noise in March have killers for guards and a rotation of bigs that can absorb fouls and functionally support the little guys. I’ve always been higher on Brown than most, so give me 2 minutes eaters behind him and I think we’ve got something

I’m not disagreeing with you , but he’s who he is . Zion is special as are every great player . Pitt needs an upgrade no doubt and from the looks of it TB improving is its best hope .
I sure hope so, whether we get a better big or not. Need to eat some minutes.

And by the way his final 3 show ow much all you experts know.How
Last week 75% of you were so sure he was going to LSU because of the money and it's the SEC. Now of course some of you still are on that train (just can't give it up -yet your supposed Pitt fans) even though if you look at it realistically ole miss is actually the long shot of the 3.

Thanks that was a pretty good summation of Sy and the three finalists. After reading it,
it's hard to pick one over the other IMO. All three have pluses. Personally I feel they
built Brown up more than he deserves. Maybe I'm just frustrated with his play after
watching him the past two years. However the worst that would happen to Sy if
he came to Pitt would be splitting time with Brown. That would definitely make us
better as a team and in my mind wouldn't hurt Sy at all.
Not mentioned is where does he fit best?...Pitt and it's urban environment, ECU
and a smaller environment in the south, or Ole Miss in the deep south.
Pitt offers the ACC, while Ole Miss is in the SEC. ECU is in a lesser conference,
but Dooley is clearly making ECU better.
So with all that, I have no idea what's going to happen. I hope Capel made the
kind of impression for which he supposedly is noted and gets Sy to Pitt.
That bloggers list of pros and cons did not include the biggest pro for Pitt. That simply put, is a splendid point guard in XJ who can make his job easier. If SY knows how to float around in the low post and use his body to get open, then XJ will find him. If SY can catch, jump, and be quick to finish, then his floor will be 10-12 points a game, and I think most of us would be happy with that.

And by the way his final 3 show ow much all you experts know.How
Last week 75% of you were so sure he was going to LSU because of the money and it's the SEC. Now of course some of you still are on that train (just can't give it up -yet your supposed Pitt fans) even though if you look at it realistically ole miss is actually the long shot of the 3.

You're conflating 75% of the posters with 75% of the posts. Sure, 75% of the posts might have been whining about Sy to LSU, but that's because they were all SMF's.

Motor isn’t something which is learned.

He’s not athletic- so there isn’t much hope for Progress for brown
Add to that...can anyone imagine TB being fed an alley oop? That play is a staple of teams with good to great guards who can pass or penetrate just enough to draw defenders. Can't see him finishing.

Add to that...can anyone imagine TB being fed an alley oop? That play is a staple of teams with good to great guards who can pass or penetrate just enough to draw defenders. Can't see him finishing.

You don’t have to imagine it, just watch the highlights on the Syracuse game at home this year and you will see at least two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT