ADVERTISEMENT

Dior… HE GONE

"However, the Post-Gazette’s examination of the University of Pittsburgh’s student code of conduct shows that Gabel had no connection with Johnson’s dismissal." That is plain English - she had no connection to the dismissal. You made up a timeline out of thin air.

Did you read it? The Chancellor isnt part of the investigative or decision making process but it doesnt say that the chancellor cant call the Title IX coordinator and ask her to take a look at this case. Whether or not that happened, something changed either with the new Title IX coordinator taking it on herself or being asked to do so by Gabel or some other admin. Its just as likely that someone other than Gabel alerted the new Title IX coordinator of this when she took the job. Although she did come from Point Park so she likely knew the case.

And I'm not saying the decision was incorrect. But he shouldn't have been allowed in school and then booted.

Welp, I think most of us are embarrassed that you are a Pitt grad too. Luckily, it seems to be from a time long ago before the school had reasonable admittance standards.
I actually went there when admission standards were very high especially for graduate school . What you’re missing is either you kick him out or let him play . Who was served by the timing of this decision ? The kid , the team , the fans … no one was . They look like a bunch of indecisive idiots .

Tell me that there’s not one faculty member ( male or female ) or current student at the school who hasn’t committed a domestic incident in their past . The statistics are 35% of woman and 28% of men have experienced some sort of domestic violence so the chances of no one currently walking the campus with a similar past indiscretion is nil . Not to mention everyone who has access to the campus . The Pitt campus is no safer today with Dior gone .

There was a very long process that took place, including his appeal of the original decision to dismiss him. If you want to quibble with the process in place, fine, but the administrators were following the process. And Dior appealed the decision, which further delayed the final determination. He obviously knew some time ago ago that this was likely.
If he was sure of this decision why wouldn’t he just leave Pitt and seek somewhere else to play ball ?

I can’t imagine JC not advising him to leave if he was aware that his was the likely outcome .

I don’t have any information on what really happened and who instigated the incident . If it was so egregious he should’ve have been dismissed last yr once the legal proceedings were completed not right before school was to start .
So if she instigated it, then it’s perfectly fine to smack a ho right?

Reactions: Pitt Pitt Pitt
So if she instigated it, then it’s perfectly fine to smack a ho right?
What if she was beating him with a bat ?

Neither one of us were there and we don’t know what happened .

Thinking that you’d never do something similar : a friend of mine knew a college professor ( local ) , a totally nonviolent individual with no past history of violent behavior who was in the mist of a domestic argument and proceeded to shoot the 2 police officers who responded to the call . Fortunately they were wearing vests , but the profs in jail for the rest of his life .

What if it was your kid who was in an argument with his girlfriend when he suddenly freaked out and lost his cool and assaulted her He does his court ordered activities and has shown no violent behavior since and been a model citizen should he be kicked out of school ? Almost everyone deserves a second chance .

There was a very long process that took place, including his appeal of the original decision to dismiss him. If you want to quibble with the process in place, fine, but the administrators were following the process. And Dior appealed the decision, which further delayed the final determination. He obviously knew some time ago ago that this was likely.

It is hilarious that everything he has thought about this right from the beginning has now been shown to be completely incorrect, but rather than say "well, I really got that whole thing wrong" he'd rather now spin a different tale that makes literally no sense given the timelines as outlined in the article, all to avoid admitting what is completely obvious to most people.

Thinking that you’d never do something similar : a friend of mine knew a college professor ( local ) , a totally nonviolent individual with no past history of violent behavior who was in the mist of a domestic argument and proceeded to shoot the 2 police officers who responded to the call . Fortunately they were wearing vests , but the profs in jail for the rest of his life .

What if it was your kid who was in an argument with his girlfriend when he suddenly freaked out and lost his cool and assaulted her He does his court ordered activities and has shown no violent behavior since and been a model citizen should he be kicked out of school ? Almost everyone deserves a second chance .
Dude sit this one out. You’re sounding like Paterno excusing rape

It is hilarious that everything he has thought about this right from the beginning has now been shown to be completely incorrect, but rather than say "well, I really got that whole thing wrong" he'd rather now spin a different tale that makes literally no sense given the timelines as outlined in the article, all to avoid admitting what is completely obvious to most people.
I may need to go back and read that article to see if I missed something about the timeline(s). I thought it was a real good article except for one glaring omission, nothing in the way of an absolute time frame for when everything took place. In that respect, it still left things open for speculation such as SMFs.

BINGO!

If he was sure of this decision why wouldn’t he just leave Pitt and seek somewhere else to play ball ?

I can’t imagine JC not advising him to leave if he was aware that his was the likely outcome .

Because he was cleared and the complaint wasnt field until after April when the new Title IX coordinator was hired or after July when the new admin took over. The kid has changed schools every 3 months. He wouldn't have stayed at Pitt pending some 10 month Title IX investigation. No chance. This all happened in the last couple months.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
I may need to go back and read that article to see if I missed something about the timeline(s). I thought it was a real good article except for one glaring omission, nothing in the way of an absolute time frame for when everything took place. In that respect, it still left things open for speculation such as SMFs.

The article said specifically that Pitt wouldn't comment on when the complaint was filed (ie it was recently)

Did you read it? The Chancellor isnt part of the investigative or decision making process but it doesnt say that the chancellor cant call the Title IX coordinator and ask her to take a look at this case. Whether or not that happened, something changed either with the new Title IX coordinator taking it on herself or being asked to do so by Gabel or some other admin. Its just as likely that someone other than Gabel alerted the new Title IX coordinator of this when she took the job. Although she did come from Point Park so she likely knew the case.

And I'm not saying the decision was incorrect. But he shouldn't have been allowed in school and then booted.

I also doesn't say that she didn't plead and beg for him to be allowed to stay in school, so by your logic, maybe she did.

According to the PG, it appears that Dior’s dismissal was a Title IX decision.

It's pretty funny to see both insider and SMF in the same "self-own" boat from talking out there collective azzes on this one.

I also doesn't say that she didn't plead and beg for him to be allowed to stay in school, so by your logic, maybe she did.

One thing is for sure, the complaint wasnt filed until April when the Point Park Title IX coordinator took over at Pitt or in July when someone alerted Gabel to the situation when she took over. It wasnt filed in September or October or December and Dior felt instead of transferring for the millionth time, he had a good feeling Pitt would exonerate him. It makes no sense at all. Nothing about that timeline makes sense. This all happened later and its why Pitt refused comment on the timeline.

He's had more than 2 chances. More like 20 chances, just because he supposedly can play basketball. He should never have been recruited at all at Pitt let alone be put back on the team. Capel should have been smart enough to see that. He saw it and still wanted him at Pitt. That's the source of the concern for me.

It's pretty funny to see both insider and SMF in the same "self-own" boat from talking out there collective azzes on this one.
I self owned? where? I retracted how it went down. Just because I don't think Karen is some crazy slur that a white woman can never overcome is not a self own. At least your boy almost has 5 on 5 to play with scholarship kids for practice. Seat's gonna get real warm after this year with how this is obviously gonna be a disaster of a season.

I self owned? where? I retracted how it went down. Just because I don't think Karen is some crazy slur that a white woman can never overcome is not a self own. At least your boy almost has 5 on 5 to play with scholarship kids for practice. Seat's gonna get real warm after this year with how this is obviously gonna be a disaster of a season.

I think we needed Dior to be Judah Mintz-ish to get back to the NCAAT but I thought he neeeded to be really good last year for us to be good and he didnt even play. Starting a FR PG is almost a death sentence for a season nowadays. But I dont think its going to be a disaster. I have changed my prediction to NIT but still better than your boys at Louisville, who were picked 14th in one preseason poll I saw. ND last.

I have no knowledge of all the places Diors been prior to Pitt . I don’t know why he went where he did or why he left , what was or wasn’t promised , but a 14-17 yr old kid isn’t making these decisions alone . It’s obvious he’s had a lack of direction from a responsible adult his entire life. The fact that he stuck around Pitt and was practicing and rooting his future teammates on suggests he might have finally found a stable place to be . Maybe if I sat down with him I could say Pitt did the right thing in expelling him , but that’s not happening and from everything I’ve heard ( or not heard ) he’s been doing his business in a responsible way . Pitt pulling the rug out him is inexcusable from the facts we know . Universities are supposed to be places of education , growth and understanding. Pitt failed this kid in all three areas . I just hope this doesn’t put him in a downward spiral that leads to more problems that potentially could have been prevented.

In no way am I condoning his actions , but there’s always three stories in domestic issues hers , his and the truth and none of us know any of them .

I think we needed Dior to be Judah Mintz-ish to get back to the NCAAT but I thought he neeeded to be really good last year for us to be good and he didnt even play. Starting a FR PG is almost a death sentence for a season nowadays. But I dont think its going to be a disaster. I have changed my prediction to NIT but still better than your boys at Louisville, who were picked 14th in one preseason poll I saw. ND last.
1 preseason predictions are meaningless
2 who cares about Louisville? We should pray for them to be mediocre and possibly make the tournament so they keep Payne instead of hiring an elite coach.
3 thread is about pitt and their new lack of depth

I have no knowledge of all the places Diors been prior to Pitt . I don’t know why he went where he did or why he left , what was or wasn’t promised , but a 14-17 yr old kid isn’t making these decisions alone . It’s obvious he’s had a lack of direction from a responsible adult his entire life. The fact that he stuck around Pitt and was practicing and rooting his future teammates on suggests he might have finally found a stable place to be . Maybe if I sat down with him I could say Pitt did the right thing in expelling him , but that’s not happening and from everything I’ve heard ( or not heard ) he’s been doing his business in a responsible way . Pitt pulling the rug out him is inexcusable from the facts we know . Universities are supposed to be places of education , growth and understanding. Pitt failed this kid in all three areas . I just hope this doesn’t put him in a downward spiral that leads to more problems that potentially could have been prevented.

In no way am I condoning his actions , but there’s always three stories in domestic issues hers , his and the truth and none of us know any of them .
Do you care this much for students who hit females that are expelled from the University that can't dribble a basketball? If you just admitted it was completely out of your own fan rooting interest, I'd have more respect for your nonsensical rambling post.

One thing is for sure, the complaint wasnt filed until April when the Point Park Title IX coordinator took over at Pitt or in July when someone alerted Gabel to the situation when she took over. It wasnt filed in September or October or December and Dior felt instead of transferring for the millionth time, he had a good feeling Pitt would exonerate him. It makes no sense at all. Nothing about that timeline makes sense. This all happened later and its why Pitt refused comment on the timeline.

"It makes no sense at all." That is a perfect description of everything you have posted on this topic.

Reactions: Pitt Pitt Pitt
Do you care this much for students who hit females that are expelled from the University that can't dribble a basketball? If you just admitted it was completely out of your own fan rooting interest, I'd have more respect for your nonsensical rambling post.

If any Pitt student would have done that, they should be thrown out immediately. But Pitt didnt. They allowed him back and the complaint wasnt filed until the Spring or Summer so Pitt and Dior were both under the impression they'd be on the team and the timing of the decision hurt both parties. Just terrible all the way around.

If any Pitt student would have done that, they should be thrown out immediately. But Pitt didnt. They allowed him back and the complaint wasnt filed until the Spring or Summer so Pitt and Dior were both under the impression they'd be on the team and the timing of the decision hurt both parties. Just terrible all the way around.
I’m not so sure when the incident wasn’t done to another student or on school property.

I’m not so sure when the incident wasn’t done to another student or on school property.

I would have kicked him off immediately regardless of whether it was a Pitt student or not on Pitt property. I dont believe in double punishment as we have laws to punish people but abusing a woman is one of the only things I'd discipline an athlete for. Steal a laptop? 0 game penalty.

That said, you cant correct the decision to allow him back many months after the fact. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT