ADVERTISEMENT

Dior update

What is preventing his redshirt being pulled after 2-4 weeks of practice while Dior has become a “model citizen” and great teammate?

He reopened his high school recruitment from Syracuse to Oregon and ended up at Pitt because some teams were turned off because of his past history. Now he has an actual criminal history and record on top of it along with probation.

Any company that gives him a NIL deal would likely be laughed at if not scolded at the same time, no one is taking that type of risk now at another school while he is on probation for the next year. No one. On top of that he is going to have classes and counseling to take in the state of Pennsylvania. He isnt going to get off scot free like nothing happened, there is punishment he still has to go through and deal with that is going to last for the foreseeable future. This is far from over like there is a simple fine and that is it, hands free.

He isnt going to get drafted.

So his options are still really limited even if he wanted to go somewhere else.

He still has a chance to correct himself, rebuild his brand that is heavily tarnished, and get in the NBA draft one day. He'll get the proper tv exposure in the acc and has the green light from day 1 shall he return to make a name for himself again while rebuilding his brand and trying to reestablish his character.

Everything points to him returning to Pitt unless he gets into more trouble. Then his basketball career is likely done for good if that happens and more trouble finds him. His best bet is to stay at Pitt and get back in the gym and stop jacking around doing stupid stuff.
There is always Auburn or some SEC school that will do whatever it takes to win.

Leave it to Pitt to stick its neck on the line PR wise by “reinstating” this pariah, but won’t get the benefit of a second of playing time from him. What deranged committee-within-committee comes up with these asinine ideas???

I don't see much negative with Pitt's decision. It looks like they care about him as an individual. They get a good practice player. If he misbehaves, boot him. If he behaves and practices well, burn the redshirt if he's needed or another guard gets injured. If he's still here next year that's a bonus.

If I take my Pitt cap off, the best decision for him is to return to Pitt next year. I think most of you would agree. Build some roots in the city. Win over some teammates. Build his brand back up. Get some reps the 2nd half of the year in practice and learn from experienced guards. That would say a lot to those who may be taking a look at him at the next level. It would shows signs of big time growth. It's his best chance at turning his hoops career around. He'll have the keys to the kingdom next year.. he'll have the fastrack to be the day 1 starting guard for a very solid ACC team heading into 23-24.

Whether he sticks around or not is a huge unknown.. but there's no question that sticking around is clearly his best option.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The term “Likely” redshirt is interesting! I wonder if there is a set of goals set up that if he attained them he could be back this season???

Having him in practice with his ability to shoot step back jumpers and crossover dribble have to be very valuable to defend and benefit our defense.
Bingo. Likely redshirt leaves it open for change. I like how you think. I thought the same thing.

Yeah what's the meaning of redshirt? How long until that is locked in. And there's no turning back.

If he plays one game he can't redshirt.

If he plays a game and injured there is a chance that he could get a medical redshirt, however the point of no return for that may have already passed as well.

Reactions: Drew1208
If he plays one game he can't redshirt.

If he plays a game and injured there is a chance that he could get a medical redshirt, however the point of no return for that may have already passed as well.
I did not think that there was a one and done redshirt rule anymore. I thought it was closer to playing 30% of the games and still being able to redshirt.

I did not think that there was a one and done redshirt rule anymore. I thought it was closer to playing 30% of the games and still being able to redshirt.

They have talked about changing the rule to make it more like football, where someone can play in a certain number of games and still be eligible to redshirt, however I have not seen anything to indicate that they have actually passed a rule change. As far as I can tell, the "old" rule is still in effect. If you are not injured playing one game removes your redshirt. If you do get injured you can have played in up to 30% of your team's games, but they all have to be in the first half of the season.

Unless he’s a total idiot he must realize that acting out and being asked to leave just about kills his chances of playing ball anywhere meaningful .

He‘s here , give him the opportunity to resurrect his image and career , if he’s a problem show him the door . Make sure he understands this before he ever plays a minute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT