ADVERTISEMENT

Do you plan on going to the 2027 Wisconsin game in Ireland?

Are you planning on going to the 2027 Wisconsin game in Dublin, Ireland?

• Yes

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Just curious. Seems like it will be a fun opportunity to visit Dublin while also taking in a Pitt game. We’re leaning towards it… What say you?

I'll go unless the program is truly back to Majors 2. We arent far from that. Its a Pitt home game though so shouldn't it be filled with Pitt fans? I still cant believe we sold a premium home game to Ireland. One of the 5 worst decisions ever made by a Pitt AD.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Undecided, it’s too far away to know if it’ll be feasible for me or not.

For anyone hellbent on going and has never been to Ireland, definitely check out more of the country outside of Dublin if you have the time. Went this past fall for a wedding and we didn’t rent a car but would recommend doing so if you can. Otherwise we got around via the train and booked a tour to check out some of the countryside. Definitely more to see though since we only did 5 days, and 3 of those were occupied by the wedding - pre night festivities, the actual wedding and the recovery day since Irish weddings go on damn near all night.

Undecided, it’s too far away to know if it’ll be feasible for me or not.

For anyone hellbent on going and has never been to Ireland, definitely check out more of the country outside of Dublin if you have the time. Went this past fall for a wedding and we didn’t rent a car but would recommend doing so if you can. Otherwise we got around via the train and booked a tour to check out some of the countryside. Definitely more to see though since we only did 5 days, and 3 of those were occupied by the wedding - pre night festivities, the actual wedding and the recovery day since Irish weddings go on damn near all night.

Dublin, the city, was blah. Looked like any random American city. But, yes, the countryside is beautiful.

Reactions: KittPitt
I'm taking the opportunity, yes.

Also taking the opportunity to see Madison the year before.

Reactions: latz66
Dublin, the city, was blah. Looked like any random American city. But, yes, the countryside is beautiful.
Yea the actual city was OK, nothing too special. I mean go to Guinness, Jameson, hit up the pubs, do the Spider-Man pointing meme at other Pitt fans and try talking yourself into them winning 10 games while getting wasted and singing Sweet Caroline.

Yea the actual city was OK, nothing too special. I mean go to Guinness, Jameson, hit up the pubs, do the Spider-Man pointing meme at other Pitt fans and try talking yourself into them winning 10 games while getting wasted and singing Sweet Caroline.

Was surprised the Guiness Factory was the #1 tourist attraction. That's not a good sign.

Been a minute since we were there but we did a tour like this. It was pretty good.

Yes definitely. Son is graduating from college in 2027 said he would love that as his grad present.

Was surprised the Guiness Factory was the #1 tourist attraction. That's not a good sign.

Been a minute since we were there but we did a tour like this. It was pretty good.

We also did Glendalough/Wicklow and a stop in Kilkenny.
Hopefully the direct flight from London is still around then. I assume it is pretty easy to spend a few days in London and then make your way to Dublin?
Yeah, we spent the weekend in London and flew into Shannon Airport Monday morning since it was closer to where the wedding was but I think it’s pretty easy to get one direct to Dublin too. Doesn’t take too long and isn’t too expensive with Aer Lingus.

We also did Glendalough/Wicklow and a stop in Kilkenny.

Yeah, we spent the weekend in London and flew into Shannon Airport Monday morning since it was closer to where the wedding was but I think it’s pretty easy to get one direct to Dublin too. Doesn’t take too long and isn’t too expensive with Aer Lingus.

We went to Powercourt Garden also. Not sure if it was part of the same tour.

Hopefully the direct flight from London is still around then. I assume it is pretty easy to spend a few days in London and then make your way to Dublin?

Its easy. We rode the train over to Wales and took a ferry to Dublin. Kinda cool too to check Wales off the list if you want to consider that a country. I think it was maybe a 2-3 hour train ride and maybe a 2 hour ferry ride but dont remember exactly.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
There are my normal crew going, and we are also bringing the wives on this trip. So about 14 of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT