ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone actually care about Pitt-Duke?!?

Talking to a couple buddies, we are all going up to the cabin Friday for hunting weekend. Most of the guys who are Pitt fans are far more interested in Ohio State/Michigan, me included, and that’s the game that will be on come Saturday at Noon. There’s been very little Pitt/Duke talk this week, so does anyone really care?
Yes, I care. I don’t really care about Ohio St at Michigan, I’ll be watching the Pitt game instead.

Pitt was ranked #4 in the country in 1963, and had 2 All Americans -Ernie Borghetti and Paul Martha .
They beat PSU 22 - 21 and had a shot at Nat Champ Bowl, but were screwed out of a Bowl because Southern teams refused to vote them in.
There were only 4/5 bowls back then, and it was a big deal, but the local press ignored the situation.
Also, the PSU game was pushed back to December because of the JFK assasination. None of the bowls
(and there were only a few back then) wanted to risk inviting a team that might lose their last game.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Talking to a couple buddies, we are all going up to the cabin Friday for hunting weekend. Most of the guys who are Pitt fans are far more interested in Ohio State/Michigan, me included, and that’s the game that will be on come Saturday at Noon. There’s been very little Pitt/Duke talk this week, so does anyone really care?
Yes, I’m interested. Always.
Life isn’t always easy or fun. Sometimes it downright sucks.
The ability to keep fighting is under appreciated.

Let’s kick Dukes ass

Hell yes let’s care… and hell yes let’s kick Dukes ass at this footballing game already

Do it for the sake of the game … kick their asses

End strong… beat their ass … go home with a win and end on a note of pride.

Hail to friggen PITT

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Anytime Pitt Football plays a game i'm interested. It doesn't matter who they play at home or away on television. Just like to see them play a good game cut out the mistakes penalties and turnovers. Hope Yarnell plays a good game two weeks in a row.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Of course.

I know my brother sodwings does

Reactions: President Stache
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT