ADVERTISEMENT

Edit: narduzzi issues statement

Hey, hats off to you I guess. You reeled one in. Mission accomplished. Now go back to your real board and have a good laugh.

What's the big deal anyway? Say you're sorry if you offended anyone and that was never your intention and that you'll try harder. OMG the horror. By saying nothing, you let the other people control the narrative. Is that really what you want as a Pitt fan? Duh.
Exactly, it's that simple.

Say that as head coach and leader of these young men thay you will strive to do better. It's that simple, but no he gotta make it hard.

That guy is stubborn... smh. They say pride goes before a fall huh.

Reactions: SnavelySprockets
Imagine this. Derrick Davis is down to Pitt and Penn State. James Franklin is sitting in his living room with his parents. Do anyone of you buffoons think for a second that these tweets don't come out? And when they look for HCPN's response? Crickets. Yes, it seems like a brilliant plan and I must be a "butt wipe". You guys are a half step above vegetables.

Reactions: cease10
Ahh you are a branch campus enabler u type. Gotcha ...... now beat it kid

Imagine this. Derrick Davis is down to Pitt and Penn State. James Franklin is sitting in his living room with his parents. Do anyone of you buffoons think for a second that these tweets don't come out? And when they look for HCPN's response? Crickets. Yes, it seems like a brilliant plan and I must be a "butt wipe". You guys are a half step above vegetables.

Really? He did that?
-
Guess who just started a Penn State thread on the Lair? That's right, none other than everyone's favorite lumber liquidator, DP (DiehardPanther)! Hopefully, Mr. Spacely doesn't find out that DP is spending all his time at work trolling the internet.
Him and his buddies also called Pitt fans terrible and Narduzzi a “gorilla clown coach,” whatever that means.

Last edited:
He hasn't been around for hours. He might have been banned.
Maybe. I don’t have a problem with non-Pitt posters coming over here; I think it should be welcomed. I’m a regular on the national board and even visit BWI from time to time.

However, it’d probably serve them well to be more civil in conversations.

Reactions: PittPoker
If you need to hear a Football coach, basketball coach, actor, actress or any public figure speak/tweet to know something is wrong then you are an idiot. Can ppl think for themselves these days? Or do they have to wait for their favorite celebrity to tweet to know what to think? I don’t know how some of you survived without social media.
It’s not about anyone needing to hear anything from Narduzzi’s to formulate their own thoughts, and you know that. Nobody is looking for guidance from him on how to navigate issues of race relations. What they-his players-are looking for is spelled in all caps in DBJ’s tweet. Empathy-and sincerity. Two things sorely lacking in society these days as evidenced by a lot of the posts on this board. They need to know he’s with them and understands why they’re hurting right now. That’s all. They don’t need to hear him say anything to outsiders. Just to them.

-

Him and his buddies also called Pitt fans terrible and Narduzzi a “gorilla clown coach,” whatever that means.

Easy, he teaches these two what to do.

e1e29020-4e69-4650-bd31-fa1f5b019885_1.2131107abf0c58fc77fd65a9af1ac869.jpeg

Reactions: HailToPitt725
That's a good imagination you got there .. we can also imagine that a CFB coach might be reluctant to imply another coach is racist for fear that word will get out that he has done so.. it's all imaginary, so what the heck..

Ok. A few points from my perspective.

1. I dont think athletes should be pressured to make political statements just because everyone else is. What evander Kane did to Crosby the other day is dumb.

2. While calling attention to important social issues on social media is important, simply making your profile pic all black does nothing if your political and social behavior does not back that up.

So what I will say about narduzzi is going to break both of those rules.

Where is his statement today? What is taking so long? He is losing a social media narrative right now. And yes...its only social media, but in today's climate, he might just want to do something about it. Capel has been very outspoken for a week now. Practically every head coach at Pitt has commented. Beatty, Harley, Partridge have all commented. Hell our womens lax coach that doesnt even have a team has commented. Add this perhaps silly story about former players ripping him and this is just going to get more messy. It doesnt help that the Pittsburgh media beat writers are already making this a big deal. I just worry about the PR. I hope by the time I finish this, he has posted something.

Just my thoughts on a potential PR nightmare that Pitt doesnt need right now.
The most difficult thing for most people to do is to keep their mouths shut.
Making a statement for the sake of publicity alone is patronizing and offensive.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
That's a good imagination you got there .. we can also imagine that a CFB coach might be reluctant to imply another coach is racist for fear that word will get out that he has done so.. it's all imaginary, so what the heck..
Right ... you could just as easily say that at PSU, you will be going to school in backwoods country right up the road from fans like Dave Petersen who will write you a racist letter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT