ADVERTISEMENT

Efton Reid Announcing 05/07 At Noon

Lol nice catch.

probably Wade’s recruiting pitch. We’ll pay u but no sex.
Reid may not get laid at LSU but he may still get screwed. Isn’t there still an open investigation on Wade? I wouldn’t want to be on that team when the $hit hits the fan with that. .

Reid may not get laid at LSU but he may still get screwed. Isn’t there still an open investigation on Wade? I wouldn’t want to be on that team when the $hit hits the fan with that. .
I don’t see that being a factor in his decision at all.

seems like they’re deciding whether he wants to be a pro or not at this point. If they had a decision and Overtime was what held it up I would imagine only one school is left and considering Capel is still following him Pitt would seem to be that school.

Reactions: cabe23
I’m not a mind reader. I’m presenting to you the 3 options he has in your mind.
1. Overtime league - get paid
2. LSU - get paid
3. Pitt - not get paid

that’s what you have stated. If he goes to LSU it’s because he got paid. He has two options to get paid and one to not. That’s how you explained it. I’m simply pointing out how naive you are being. He clearly has 3 options to get paid if we’re still involved after 3 years unless you are calling our staff dumb. Because our staff would have to be dumb to be in it this long if the kid is looking for a bag to not figure that out.

do you get it now?

Now there’s also the option that:
1. Goes to overtime and gets paid
2. Goes to LSU because it’s the best option and doesn’t get laid
3. Goes to Pitt and doesn’t get paid

But you ruled that out. You said if he’s going to LSU it’s because he’s paid therefore implying our coaches are dumb for wasting 3 years on him.
How do you know the kid wants money ? I have no idea of his or his families morals so I won’t presume that’s what’s going on .

I have no idea if he wants to experience college life or attend classes .

I’m just stating the obvious if LSU is his choice .

I also have no idea if Pitts staff hasn’t had discussions with the kids mom , but I doubt they wasted three yrs on a kid without knowing if they want cash .

Like you I have no idea where he’s going , it’d be great if it’s Pitt , but life will continue one way or another .

How do you know the kid wants money ? I have no idea of his or his families morals so I won’t presume that’s what’s going on .

I also have no idea if Pitts staff hasn’t had discussions with the kids mom , but I doubt they wasted three yrs on a kid without knowing if they want cash .

Like you I have no idea where he’s going , it’d be great if it’s Pitt , but life will continue one way or another .
I had a whole response typed out but you’re too naive to even explain to you how dumb your premise is.

Reactions: cabe23

Why is it obvious he got paid if he goes to LSU?

Why is it obvious he got paid if he goes to LSU?
Because Pitt is offering him free college and a depleted roster and the bevy of beautiful women matriculating with the history of 1 and done type players while LSU has nothing to sell. They haven’t been in a sweet 16 lately (2019), haven’t developed bigs (Naz Reid), haven’t had one and dones (Cam Thomas) and certainly don’t have attractive women. The only thing Will wade can offer him Pitt can’t is money and the chancellor and the AD that came from clean Ohio State would nip that in the bud sir. You forget! We are the university of Pittsburgh! Holier than thou! Our head coach would certainly discuss these types of things with senior administration!

I don’t see that being a factor in his decision at all.

seems like they’re deciding whether he wants to be a pro or not at this point. If they had a decision and Overtime was what held it up I would imagine only one school is left and considering Capel is still following him Pitt would seem to be that school.
I don't blame the kid if he takes 100K from Overtime but my god is that league a dumb idea. It will last 1 year....maybe. No one is going to watch what will be a lower-level G-league.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Because Pitt is offering him free college and a depleted roster and the bevy of beautiful women matriculating with the history of 1 and done type players while LSU has nothing to sell. They haven’t been in a sweet 16 lately (2019), haven’t developed bigs (Naz Reid), haven’t had one and dones (Cam Thomas) and certainly don’t have attractive women. The only thing Will wade can offer him Pitt can’t is money and the chancellor and the AD that came from clean Ohio State would nip that in the bud sir. You forget! We are the university of Pittsburgh! Holier than thou! Our head coach would certainly discuss these types of things with senior administration!
Let me ask you a question, do you think Will Wade is offering some type of payment? Why LSU? I know you can also say "why Pitt" but that's not what I'm saying. Reid can call up any D1 program and say he's coming. All but maybe 5-6 would take him as I suspect at this point a few wouldn't take him simply because he seems like a weirdo. I doubt Pitt, LSU, FSU and a few others have been the only schools that have tried to recruit him. It seems very likely that Will Wade is doing something shady. There are PLENTY of other good programs to play for. That list is longer than FSU and LSU. He is con$idering those schools for a reason.

Let me ask you a question, do you think Will Wade is offering some type of payment? Why LSU? I know you can also say "why Pitt" but that's not what I'm saying. Reid can call up any D1 program and say he's coming. All but maybe 5-6 would take him as I suspect at this point a few wouldn't take him simply because he seems like a weirdo. I doubt Pitt, LSU, FSU and a few others have been the only schools that have tried to recruit him. It seems very likely that Will Wade is doing something shady. There are PLENTY of other good programs to play for. That list is longer than FSU and LSU. He is con$idering those schools for a reason.
LSU has a great relationship with all the major HS program. Whatever the reason is. Could be payment, could be anything else.

My whole point is that this guy is telling us that this recruitment is shady ONLY if he goes to LSU. If that is true, he is calling our staff dumb for wasting 3 years on a kid and NEVER realizing he wanted a bag.

At this point, they know the deal one way or another. It could be that nothing is required and it could be something is. I couldn’t care less. I don’t look for Pitt athletics to be my moral compass over antiquated NcAA rules I want them to win in football and basketball.

But when a poster says that the recruitment is “dirty” only if he goes to another school, it’s just sour grapes. Coach and his staff have been around long enough to know what the deal is with a kid very early. It’s lame to do the thing where you say the other team paid.

This is all moot because I think it’s Pitt or pro at this point.

LSU has a great relationship with all the major HS program. Whatever the reason is. Could be payment, could be anything else.

My whole point is that this guy is telling us that this recruitment is shady ONLY if he goes to LSU. If that is true, he is calling our staff dumb for wasting 3 years on a kid and NEVER realizing he wanted a bag.

At this point, they know the deal one way or another. It could be that nothing is required and it could be something is. I couldn’t care less. I don’t look for Pitt athletics to be my moral compass over antiquated NcAA rules I want them to win in football and basketball.

But when a poster says that the recruitment is “dirty” only if he goes to another school, it’s just sour grapes. Coach and his staff have been around long enough to know what the deal is with a kid very early. It’s lame to do the thing where you say the other team paid.

This is all moot because I think it’s Pitt or pro at this point.
Why LSU though?

You could be right about Capel knowing but I don't necessarily agree with that. This stuff is so secretive, Capel could be still be out there selling to play for him for free NCAA-approved snacks after practice. I dont think every single player gets paid though just about all in Reid's category so perhaps Capel hit it off with Mama Bear early and he figured, heck might as well recruit him.

I had a whole response typed out but you’re too naive to even explain to you how dumb your premise is.
I know your way to smart for me .

If the kid and his family want the money I have no issue with it , but everyone in world doesn’t revolved all their decisions about money . Your soo smart you probably knew that .

Why LSU though?

You could be right about Capel knowing but I don't necessarily agree with that. This stuff is so secretive, Capel could be still be out there selling to play for him for free NCAA-approved snacks after practice. I dont think every single player gets paid though just about all in Reid's category so perhaps Capel hit it off with Mama Bear early and he figured, heck might as well recruit him.
The kid likes Wade and they’re gonna win a bunch of basketball games next year.

Why LSU though?

So you think that capel knows how LSU gets down, he’s fielding offers from professional leagues, but he will come to the university of Pittsburgh for one year because Pitt is ranked higher in college ratings?

Capel knows what’s going on in this recruitment one way or the other. Anyone who thinks differently is being naive.

Why would he be the only one who doesn’t !
Well, playing devil’s advocate, that program is under a microscope right now. Probably not the smartest time for loaded handshakes and other such hijjnks. That said since Wade is a known scumbag, you can’t rule it out.

I assume you mean Wade is unlikeable, yes?
He’s as likeable as an extra day with your mother n law, or I don’t know, some metaphor you don’t like.

he’s not really that bad, just not a dude I’d be comfortable sending a kid to unless I was like whoa there is 500k in cash under my pillow tonight! Just kidding on that of course but just seems like a big weirdo

He’s as likeable as an extra day with your mother n law, or I don’t know, some metaphor you don’t like.

he’s not really that bad, just not a dude I’d be comfortable sending a kid to unless I was like whoa there is 500k in cash under my pillow tonight! Just kidding on that of course but just seems like a big weirdo

Understood-thanks

I’m not an emoji guy but it looks like he’s laughing at that statement

Perhaps mom is trying to give him a deadline to make a decision - and Efton just hasn’t yet ?
Would be a pretty reasonable explanation, no?
Uh no. So you’re suggesting a reasonable explanation is that he’s struggling to make a decision, and his mother announces through Twitter that he’s come to a decision and he’s going to announce it the next day, to help him?
If that was true, I would recommend getting as far away from Mama Bear as possible.

Uh no. So you’re suggesting a reasonable explanation is that he’s struggling to make a decision, and his mother announces through Twitter that he’s come to a decision and he’s going to announce it the next day, to help him?
If that was true, I would recommend getting as far away from Mama Bear as possible.
Yes
All high school kids should get away from their parents as much as possible , right ?
How about you adults just cope with the uncertainty ?

Why LSU though?

Just to be clear, if Reid comes to Pitt (which you predicted he won’t several times) it’s likely that Pitt did not pay him?

Just want to be clear since you are very clear about all these players getting paid but always have reasons why Pitt doesn’t.

Just to be clear, if Reid comes to Pitt (which you predicted he won’t several times) it’s likely that Pitt did not pay him?

Just want to be clear since you are very clear about all these players getting paid but always have reasons why Pitt doesn’t.
He isnt coming to Pitt BECAUSE we arent paying him.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
I agree with you about middle aged men following a 17 year old on Twitter and hanging on his choice is weird.
But scheduling your announcement twice and cancelling it twice is certainly strange.
My 18 year old daughter just finished deciding where she will go to college in the fall, and it wasn’t an easy decision.
But if I would have scheduled a zoom meeting with my family and friends to announce her decision (I would never do that) and then canceled it at the last minute, and then scheduled it again two weeks later and canceled it again. I guarantee my Dad, brothers and sisters, and friends would ALL be calling me up and giving me a hard time after the second announcement cancellation.
Try breaking an engagement.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Yes
All high school kids should get away from their parents as much as possible , right ?
How about you adults just cope with the uncertainty ?
You adults? 🤣🤣 I guess you teenagers have to stick together.
I guess I just view if differently, I think a high school kid, SHOULD be able to go to a parent for advice on a big decision.
I would hope they could work together, but I guess you have information telling you that Mama Bear is not helping him 🤷🏽

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Or, maybe LSU isn't as big a part of the equation as some are making it. Maybe it's a decision between Pitt and FSU, and money has nothing to do with it. It could be that some in the Reid household feel that Leonard Hamilton would be the better coach for young Mr. Reid, even if FSU has a crowded front court with no guarantee of early playing time. Perhaps, Pitt has a huge appeal because it does offer lots of immediate playing time even if Capel hasn't proved himself the equal of Hamilton. So, do you pick Pitt with its earlier playing time, and a possible fast track to the NBA, or do you pick FSU knowing that it is a more successful program (with a more realistic shot at a national title), but one that will require patience to get onto the court? And, if the scenario is right, which option is favored by mom and which does Efton like? Or, he is torn between the two? Just a few thoughts.... (FWIW, I have a deep seated suspicion, not based on anything other than my gut, that the reason UVa and Reid went separate ways was the high probability that Reid would have redshirted at Virginia. Most post players do. Salt, Diakite, Huff, Caffaro, and Shedrick all did.)

Boy was I wrong about this! Wasn't the first ime; won't be the last, but, sadly, LSU doesn't make much sense unless money was involved. There's the remote possibility that Wade knew Reid from his time at VCU, but I'm skeptical.

Last edited:
You adults? 🤣🤣 I guess you teenagers have to stick together.
I guess I just view if differently, I think a high school kid, SHOULD be able to go to a parent for advice on a big decision.
I would hope they could work together, but I guess you have information telling you that Mama Bear is not helping him 🤷🏽

Parents must be the guidance for their kids, not schools. Schools cannot be responsible for a child's upbringing since they aren't even responsible for their own decisions. You are right....the ONLY place a kid should go for advice on big decisions is a parent. That's it...not a school, not the government, since none of them make good, sound decisions on many critical issues. I can name at least 2 major issues off the top of my head that the schools are F%$king up right now. But I don't want to make this political.

In this case, Reid's mama should be the one to teach her son the right thing to do with his decision to help him make the right decision for him. No one other than those who are truly interested and invested in Reid's well being should be involved. The problem is that Reid's mama is making a circus out of this. She should just keep quiet about everything and not even make a public announcement of his decision. It's kind of weird and sick for grown adults to be obsessing over what a kid decides and following it with every moment. The only ones to know Reid's decision are the coaches and the AD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT