ADVERTISEMENT

Efton Reid Announcing 05/07 At Noon

Did you get a medical card? 😉

FatalSlipperyJerboa-max-1mb.gif

Yes, seriously. I love Pitt. I always hope for the best. I want progress and success as much as anyone else.
What in the world makes anyone think he will choose us?
PLEASE give me a reason for hope, but pardon me if I don’t hold my breath.

Reactions: pitt90seven
If he picks Pitt, then I am convinced that one of two things will happen.
1) he will be amazing and elevate Pitt’s program to new levels among which will be a championship. Also I will die in the next six months never to enjoy it
2) he will spurn us for another program and I will live to 150 watching Pitt struggle to be anything better than sort of good.

This is the single biggest recruit to a Pitt coach that I can remember. If we get him and Champagnie comes back, we can make the NCAAT. If we dont get him and Champagnie doesn't come back, we may go 2-18 and may have a coaching opening. It doesn't get any bigger than this for a HC. Reminds me of when Pat Chambers was on the ropes and somehow convinced Carr and Stevens to go there instead of Pitt (coming off a 1 seed) and Nova coming off a Final Four. 💰 💰

Any news on Reid since he went back to reconsider. I assume we are out of the running but maybe no news is good gnus

Well, why all the optimism all a sudden ? What changed ?
It’s not optimism. It’s hope. We have a chance. Whether it’s a good chance or not much of a chance no one outside his small circle knows. All I know is the complete silence around the program for the past 15 days has been strange and I have no idea how to read it.

maybe he decided Pitt is it after he heard about the new Pete renovations? Extra cushioned seats for mama bear!
Actually, I heard the opposite. She is disappointed she wont get to meet her friends on the porch pre-game. So going to FSU.

It’s LSU or Pitt. FSU has been recruiting other bigs
Interesting. Sounds like Will Wade had to go back and secure more funding:

AFTER AN 11TH-HOUR COMMITMENT POSTPONEMENT, WHERE DO YOU THINK EFTON REID WILL EVENTUALLY LAND?​

Efton Reid

Efton Reid (Matthew Hatfield, VirginiaPreps.com)
Cassidy: I think it was LSU that made a late move and ultimately caused
Efton Reid
to push back his decision. I know Florida State was in the mix, but it feels like the Tigers, Seminoles and Pitt are the three most likely landing spots as things stand now. Will this change again before the 7-footer makes a choice? Probably, as nothing has ever seemed certain as it relates to this recruitment. Never bet against Will Wade, though.

McDonald: This has been the most fascinating recruitment in a while for me. It’s pretty rare for a top recruit to be nearing a decision and nobody seems to have a good idea of where he’s going. He’s kept an incredible poker face during the recruiting process. I’ll go out on a limb here and predict he ends up at Florida State.
Shaw: Florida State or LSU. In what came into the week as an Ohio State and Pittsburgh battle, Florida State and LSU both provided Reid some cause for pause. Florida State came into Thursday as the odds on favorite and Leonard Hamilton is laser focused on this one, and when Ham gets laser focused he is tough to beat. I have been told throughout this process that Reid vibes with Will Wade as a kindred spirit, so the late push from Wade was well received. I honestly do not think Reid knows where he is going as of this writing, but I do believe it will be between these two... or maybe a school that comes up between now and the actual decision day... or maybe a pro league, or well actually who knows?
Wood: I don’t think you can ever count LSU and Will Wade out but I’m anticipating Reid will be wearing the Garnet and Gold of the Florida State Seminoles. I just wish I had some credible info to support that anticipation. Reid and his mom have done a spectacular job of not telling anyone where he is going. From what I gather that is largely due to Reid just wasn’t ready to make a decision on April 15. He has good options but one of those options has a pretty good track record of getting 7-footers better and putting them in the first round of the NBA Draft.

Interesting. Sounds like Will Wade had to go back and secure more funding:

AFTER AN 11TH-HOUR COMMITMENT POSTPONEMENT, WHERE DO YOU THINK EFTON REID WILL EVENTUALLY LAND?​

Efton Reid

Efton Reid (Matthew Hatfield, VirginiaPreps.com)
Cassidy: I think it was LSU that made a late move and ultimately caused
Efton Reid
to push back his decision. I know Florida State was in the mix, but it feels like the Tigers, Seminoles and Pitt are the three most likely landing spots as things stand now. Will this change again before the 7-footer makes a choice? Probably, as nothing has ever seemed certain as it relates to this recruitment. Never bet against Will Wade, though.

McDonald: This has been the most fascinating recruitment in a while for me. It’s pretty rare for a top recruit to be nearing a decision and nobody seems to have a good idea of where he’s going. He’s kept an incredible poker face during the recruiting process. I’ll go out on a limb here and predict he ends up at Florida State.
Shaw: Florida State or LSU. In what came into the week as an Ohio State and Pittsburgh battle, Florida State and LSU both provided Reid some cause for pause. Florida State came into Thursday as the odds on favorite and Leonard Hamilton is laser focused on this one, and when Ham gets laser focused he is tough to beat. I have been told throughout this process that Reid vibes with Will Wade as a kindred spirit, so the late push from Wade was well received. I honestly do not think Reid knows where he is going as of this writing, but I do believe it will be between these two... or maybe a school that comes up between now and the actual decision day... or maybe a pro league, or well actually who knows?
Wood: I don’t think you can ever count LSU and Will Wade out but I’m anticipating Reid will be wearing the Garnet and Gold of the Florida State Seminoles. I just wish I had some credible info to support that anticipation. Reid and his mom have done a spectacular job of not telling anyone where he is going. From what I gather that is largely due to Reid just wasn’t ready to make a decision on April 15. He has good options but one of those options has a pretty good track record of getting 7-footers better and putting them in the first round of the NBA Draft.
Yeah, the only people who actually believe Pitt is in this are Pitt fans. Whether or not that means anything I don’t know but we’ve certainly been down this road before where the staff overestimated their position

Yeah, the only people who actually believe Pitt is in this are Pitt fans. Whether or not that means anything I don’t know but we’ve certainly been down this road before where the staff overestimated their position
I thought Pitt had a legit shot the first time but $omething caused the delay and that usually doesn't bode well for Pitt who plays by a different set of recruiting rules as everyone else.

Its unbelievable that Will Wade isnt in an orange jump suit like 5 years after the fact.

I thought Pitt had a legit shot the first time but $omething caused the delay and that usually doesn't bode well for Pitt who plays by a different set of recruiting rules as everyone else.

Its unbelievable that Will Wade isnt in an orange jump suit like 5 years after the fact.
Why would he be in an orange jump suit for paying kids for their services? Out of the ncaa? Maybe. He certainly shouldn’t be put in jail.

funny how you say that... yet Sean Miller was paying 10k to Ayton a month and you want him to coach at pitt. You are a truly odd duck

Why would he be in an orange jump suit for paying kids for their services? Out of the ncaa? Maybe. He certainly shouldn’t be put in jail.

funny how you say that... yet Sean Miller was paying 10k to Ayton a month and you want him to coach at pitt. You are a truly odd duck
I would take Will Wade in a heartbeat also. Book Richardson did time. Why shouldn't Will Wade?

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, paying kids that SHOULD be getting paid anyway shouldn't even be a crime but there's bribery, wire fraud, and tax fraud laws.

if you think Pitt is in this race without a bag you're on drugs. If bags are involved, Capel is holding one.

You’d rather play him than him get paid? That seems odd.
Yeah I have zero respect for Wade. Going to FSU to play for a highly respected coach like Leonard Hamilton yes I would rather see that and yes I could care less if a HS player gets paid to go to college.

Yeah I have zero respect for Wade. Going to FSU to play for a highly respected coach like Leonard Hamilton yes I would rather see that and yes I could care less if a HS player gets paid to go to college.
That makes no sense. If you don’t care if HS kids get paid, why do you have zero respect for Wade?

Why would he be in an orange jump suit for paying kids for their services? Out of the ncaa? Maybe. He certainly shouldn’t be put in jail. funny how you say that... yet Sean Miller was paying 10k to Ayton a month and you want him to coach at pitt. You are a truly odd duck
Why would he be in an orange jump suit for paying kids for their services? Out of the ncaa? Maybe. He certainly shouldn’t be put in jail. funny how you say that... yet Sean Miller was paying 10k to Ayton a month and you want him to coach at pitt. You are a truly odd duck

That makes no sense. If you don’t care if HS kids get paid, why do you have zero respect for Wade?
When I say I don't care -- means I don't get excited that a kid gets paid, I am not going to be like woohoo Efton Reid didn't come to Pitt but he got 100k to go to LSU.

Everyone likes Leonard Hamilton. However, if we're being honest, his rise to become one of the top 5-6 recruiters in the nation is most likely due to paying players. I don't know why more old coaches don't do this. Go balls out towards the end of your career. If you get caught, so what, you retire. And you probably won't get caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT