Clem
Rut
USC
ASU
USU
Nevada
Miss St
Prov

I'd love to put Illinois and Auburn in this group since their resumes suck but everyone has them so high. I think it comes down to those 10 teams. Assuming 1 bid stealer (CUSA, Oregon, SJSU, maybe A10 if VCU doesnt win it), 2 of those teams dont get in. For me, its Nevada and NC State.

Pitt
NC St
Clem
Rut
USC
ASU
USU
Nevada
Miss St
Prov

I'd love to put Illinois and Auburn in this group since their resumes suck but everyone has them so high. I think it comes down to those 10 teams. Assuming 1 bid stealer (CUSA, Oregon, SJSU, maybe A10 if VCU doesnt win it), 2 of those teams dont get in. For me, its Nevada and NC State.
Nevada (easily), and then Rutgers (if they lose today). I also think Mississippi State is very close to being out.

I would rank those teams:
USC
Pitt
Clemson
Providence
NC St
Arizona St
Utah st
Mississippi St
Rutgers
Nevada

Nevada and Rutgers. Though we could make a case for Pitt as they have the second worst losses of all of them. They have a decent road record but 8-8 road/neutral. ASU is 12-6 road/neutral.

NET. That's it. I don't think they get in.

And when you look at their Q1 wins.....yuck.

Going by NCAAT seed:

Home vs 6 seed SDSU
Home vs 10 seed Boise
Home vs First Four USU
@ NIT New Mexico

Pitt's Q1s

Home vs 4 or 5 seed UVa
@ 7 seed NW
@ 10 or 11 seed NC State
@ NIT UNC

Plus a high Q2 win vs 4 or 5 seed Miami

Pitt
NC St
Clem
Rut
USC
ASU
USU
Nevada
Miss St
Prov

Nevada is definitely one. I think they're done.

If USU loses today, I think they're the other.

Nevada (easily), and then Rutgers (if they lose today). I also think Mississippi State is very close to being out.

I would rank those teams:
USC
Pitt
Clemson
Providence
NC St
Arizona St
Utah st
Mississippi St
Rutgers
Nevada
I heard committee members says one of the last things they look at is the record of the teams in consideration against teams already in. Pitt would be 3-3 not counting games against Clemson and NC State. What are these other teams’ records?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT